Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10 Laserpointer Forum Commandments.

I can only agree and hope people truthfully abide by them. If we have any concern for the hobbies future we have no choice.

NKO29

LOL 3 minutes is not a good life :(
Yeah I definitely agree with the laser owner's pledge. BUT I myself am under 18 and I beleive I am very responsible when it comes to laser use. I think that part of the pledge should be more about not selling/giving to NON RESPONSIBLE people like those who come here asking about burning zip ties lol :p

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for a good laugh MajorLim! :D

@Hak - So right about that! Unfortunately it looks as if we are already well on our way!

Great pledge Hak, it's too bad that there so many foolish people out there, outside the laser community that won't ever see anything like this, nor would they bother abiding by it!

Pman

Part of the reason why I have so many units now is you know that the laws will only going to get tougher. How did we ever live this long hak? Lol
Hey, finally able to REP you again my friend:)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm trying to "stock up" as much as my budget will allow. Never know when there going to go all Australia on us. Then we'll be posting messages like my buddy blaster ;)

And he said take
now thine diode, thine only diode, whom thou lovest and offer it as a burnt offering upon one the drivers which I tell thee of...
Just a wee bit of Monty Python in that me thinks.

LOL 3 minutes is not a good life :(
Yeah I definitely agree with the laser owner's pledge. BUT I myself am under 18 and I beleive I am very responsible when it comes to laser use. I think that part of the pledge should be more about not selling/giving to NON RESPONSIBLE people like those who come here asking about burning zip ties lol :p

^^^ NKO I hope you did not take that personally- I know several even younger than you, who are great forum members and know a lot about things like safe use.

But as any minor its your parents and/or thier lawyer that I fear.
its other young people that may be allowed to 'play' with one of your lasers.

I have seen this many times and there are a lot of WAY over 19year olds that I never feel OK handing over a laser. How does one go about explaining safe use to a person of ANY age in just a few minutes??-- I found the best way was to remove the battery before allowing them to handle- for sure they ask why?
I tell them all the same thing-- l just like a firearm handing it over 'loaded' is not a safe practice. At that point I have their attention so, once they see I am serious then will listen to my 'rules' and I often will then replace the battery- even then, however, some will ignore my advice-I get it back from them ASAP and from then on, no more lasers handed to them.

if you read my list - you will see that I did not single out those under 18.
Here in the USA there are thousands of law-suit lawyers ready to take cases- and winning the lawsuit for us would still be very expensive-

I have sold lasers a few times to minors but only via their parents as at that time its them who are responsible and no longer me.

:beer: hak

i definitely agree. There are one or two people i know i would never hand a laser to... and i admit i may seem not very serious. but i know what is safe and right practice. When i started i had no idea about lasers.
but now i feel confident in knowing im not gonna zap my eye out. or anyone else' for that matter.
I just like to spread a few smiles around... While maintaining an air of seriousity and pseudo-maturity.... although its hard to anyone seriously while they are wearing laser goggles... coming in lookin like a futuristic myopia patient. :)

Because he's always making me laugh. My son is the reason I take my next breath.

One would have to be blind to not see more regulations coming-

Giving up or not trying to delay this is a big shame. AND being 100 % against new regulation makes no sense as it IS coming and soon I bet. IMHO the best way to use our energy is 1) be active in stopping unsafe use-whatever it takes
and

2) write you congressmen and senators and voice your opinion about how new laws may not help at all and be very unfair to those who practice safe laser use.

ohhhhh. that makes sense now... :banghead:

good dadman!

Last edited: