Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt green laser for sale

rotor7

I bought this a couple of months ago to chase geese. Once I figured things out it worked really well. I used it about 10 times and now I don't have a use for it.

Its a 1 watt aluminum heat sink 520nm laser with adjustable focus. It comes with multiple modes...Low, medium, high strobe and S.O.S.

Also comes with 3.7v li-ion batteries and charger.

I bought it off Doug Johnson. I am asking 500.00 shipped in the U.S.

pm me if interested

Is Doug Johnson a member here?

The fact it's 5-mode has me assuming it uses the stock driver that comes with the flashlight.
I've tested the drivers, and they do 1.7A on high with a 5v Load.
I was going to offer them in kits but apparently there has been some strange diode deaths related to the driver.

The fact you've got a $200 or $300 diode inside this thing, I would consider putting a different driver in that host.

Is Doug Johnson a member here?

The fact it's 5-mode has me assuming it uses the stock driver that comes with the flashlight.
I've tested the drivers, and they do 1.7A on high with a 5v Load.
I was going to offer them in kits but apparently there has been some strange diode deaths related to the driver.

The fact you've got a $200 or $300 diode inside this thing, I would consider putting a different driver in that host.

Thats because they are designed for LEDs which can handle ridiculous current spikes (ridiculous in terms of what a laser diode can handle).

I thought said driver was discussed in a thread about this laser some time ago, but I may be thinking of something else. Do you have a link to the original thread for the laser?

Last edited:
I saw this on eBay recently. That's definitely an LED driver. I used LED drivers on my first 7 or 8 because it's what was sold to me as a DIY kit. I never had any issues with any of them, and I still have some that have seen a TON of usage that are still going strong. I am actually keeping one with an LED driver and one that is exactly the same setup with a proper laser driver to compare the diode life of each. So far, neither have lost any power output. That being said, I am building mine with proper laser drivers now, just to be safe.

gozert

This laser can be built for less than what you're asking for it, and then you would have a brand new never-used laser. I'd recommend lowering the price more if you're really looking to sell it.

This laser can be built for less than what you're asking for it, and then you would have a brand new never-used laser. I'd recommend lowering the price more if you're really looking to sell it.

+1
Is it the NDG700 diode or the NDG7475?

It would be great if you offered a LPM reading, either by you or original seller, to help determine type of diode, or at least amount of power. A beamshot would be nice too. Considering the more expensive diode was used, $261 for module with 3E lens, last time I purchased from budget beams approx $50 for JAD kit, and then shipping from both approx $30, and $5 for charger and batteries, plus 2 quick solders, = $346 cost to build a new one, - $80 if its the weaker diode, which brings it down to $266.

PM sent though