Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt 447nm Laser Pointers from Dragonlasers Now Available

My DragonLaser Aurora 200mW 447nm is in the mail since yesterday. Too bad I am leaving for vacation on Sunday.

Playtime + review when I get back home!

The original battery information posted for the Spartan 400mW and 1 watt models is incorrect.

These models take two CR123 batteries NOT 18650 batteries.

Mickey

I have NOTHING against fare trade or sellers from other importers offering goods, but doesn't this seem just TOO much on time?

I have to admit, if my Arctic wasn't a few hours from being in my hand, I would most likely cancel my order and look VERY hard into this new unit, but it's still "a thing that makes me say hmmmmm".

CHEESY asks, "does anybody know what the difference between 445nm and 447nm is?"
because I am up late, I must reply with "2nm". Sorry.

I have NOTHING against fair trade or sellers from other importers offering goods, but doesn't this seem just TOO much on time?

How so? They just didn't anounce the lasers a week before they actually started production ;)

Mickey

I am just stating, that at this point (and at the point that this thread was started), people are beginning to be upset, questioning ethics, and being simply more careful about jumping into a "great deal" when they see it. I am hoping that because most of us know that DL is a respectful company, that we would be dealing with a much more reliable source if any issues arose.

I am thankful that more trusted companies are seeing "trends and sales opportunities" and are acting upon them. Imagine if every time you really wanted something a company you trusted just happen to be in production of just that thing? It would be a piñata of happiness on a daily basis, and we all smile and eat stinky cheese!

Moptsp

I believe they have just shipped one round. I don't know if anyone has received a unit yet.

The original battery information posted for the Spartan 400mW and 1 watt models is incorrect.

These models take two CR123 batteries NOT 18650 batteries.

Well, that puts me in a bit of a bind... I had ordered a Spartan 400mW model a couple days ago, along with an 18650 battery to drive it. Dragon Lasers already sent me an email saying they've removed the 18650 battery from my order, but they don't supply any CR123 batteries. Anyone know of a good place in west-end Toronto where I could pick some up? I'd much prefer a nice set of rechargeables, so I'd need a charger for them as well.

You could get them at Best Buy in Toronto (various locations).
You will pay premium prices though.

EDIT: Oops sorry, they only have primaries for $14.99 each.

Last edited:
You could get them at Best Buy in Toronto (various locations).
You will pay premium prices though.

EDIT: Oops sorry, they only have primaries for $14.99 each.

Would these batteries be the ones you were referring to? The price was the original reason I posted here. I know I can get them at Best Buy, Future Shop, or The Source (Canadian version of Radio Shack), but I'd prefer something that doesn't charge the "well-known brand tax", if you know what I mean. ;) I'm going to try an electronics components store called Sayal tomorrow, see what their prices are. I see at least three different CR123A batteries on their site, but it doesn't specify capacity or pricing.

EDIT: Also, looking at daguin's review of the Arctic laser, he said that the current draw at the battery for 800mW of output was 1.8A. Assuming the Spartan puts out exactly 400mW of light, that means I should have 1.8A*3.7V/6V = 1.11A / 2 (half the output power) = 0.555A of current draw, which is 1300mAh / 555mA =~ 2.34 hours of runtime. Anything look wrong in there? Not looking for enormous runtime, just wondering what kind of life I could expect out of a certain type of battery.

Last edited:
My unit is in the mailbox. will arrive back home on Sunday and perhaps have some time to assemble some pics/infos. :) Sucks with this timing for vacation!

Burnsy

I asked them about the correction optics because they claim to have
a circular beam in the 200mW and 400mW spartan version.
Here's the answer from Frank I got today early morning:
I still don't know if the laser uses corrective optics or the divergence.

At close range, the beam shape is circular. After roughly 10 meters, the
beam shape becomes a rectangle.

Regards
Frank
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

Looks to me as they don't actually have the lasers yet/haven't them tested yet.

They've shipped a batch already. Also 'Frank' is not one person, 'he' is the staff of Dragon Lasers.

I'm starting to want the Arctic less and less. I'm tempted to refund and get a Spartan, maybe I should wait for a Spartan review first.

I wonder if WL will refund me on the 2 year refund I bought if I return it within days of receiving the laser.
edit: wait a minute! I'm better off selling it on the forum being that it's worth more. I can has... PROFIT

Last edited: