Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Mega Watt Pulse Laser Gun in High Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anselm

You COULD take the video down and replace it with a modified version, stressing safety.

You DID realize that is a very controversial "project" and that there would be significant
discussion, not all of it positive, didn't you?
Since you made it public, now you have to deal with alot of different kinds of attention.;)

380833145_ed33242032.jpg

The best you can do is to be above all the bickering, and be humble enough to
admit and correct your "mistakes", wether be it the safety aspect or the power claims.:)

Last edited:

Arayan

Whistling wont help xD starting again.

Anselmo: The pic is great xDD
Again....never thought it would cause SO MUCH trouble. I am a modest guy (now Krogith is laying on the floor strampling/laughing) with a big mouth (I have to admit).

Trevor

Arayan, that occurs when pumping the SSY-1 with the amount of energy originally intended. AFZ is pumping the rod with more than eight times that amount.

As you know, more is not always better. I wrote about that some pages ago. :)

-Trevor

Trevor

Maybe 4 times more...4:4 = 1MW :)

Consider actually reading the post.

Also, "non-linear" optics are called non-linear for a reason. Just another interesting little thing to consider. :)

-Trevor

Last edited:

Trevor

You should go post that in the thread about this on PL.

See how serious they are. :)

Hint: They won't be talking about what I've talked about.

-Trevor

xD I can barely imagine. But they would bite stone (German figure of speech)...I can take a lot of fire ^^

Seriously: If noone would give "it" a shot (whatever it might be) we wouldnt be able to catch a flight, or surf / skate / shoot .....so what the fuck.

Arayan

Arayan, that occurs when pumping the SSY-1 with the amount of energy originally intended. AFZ is pumping the rod with more than eight times that amount.

As you know, more is not always better. I wrote about that some pages ago. :)

-Trevor

without no offense, I posted that quote because this sentence:
The most an SSY-1 can output is in the kilowatt range. The laser rod not a megawatt-class piece of equipment. This is relatively common knowledge.
seemed to me in an absolute sense and not particularly related to this device...

Trevor

without no offense, I posted that quote because this sentence: seemed to me in an absolute sense and not particularly related to this device...

Heh, whoops. :yabbem:

This is a kilowatt class device.

An SSY-1 rod can generate a megawatt pulse under optimal pumping conditions. These pumping conditions are extremely subobtimal.

Seriously: If noone would give "it" a shot (whatever it might be) we wouldnt be able to catch a flight, or surf / skate / shoot .....so what the fuck.

In terms of pulsed lasers, you've taken a step backward.

-Trevor

What else can I say but: HE SHOOTS HE SCOOOOOORES :)

Seriously: All of us act like teens here...is that necesarry? Cant we just all be friends? :)
Some of you spoke out loud their opinion, and I respect that, but that wont change anything happend.

Anyone?

Seriously: All of us act like teens here...is that necesarry? Cant we just all be friends? :)
Some of you spoke out loud their opinion, and I respect that, but that wont change anything happend.

Anyone?

No one acting like a teen but You. he is just stating facts.

Trevor

Okay, now go add up your mistakes on this project and tell me what your score is. :tired:

You're acting like a "teen," pretending you're a scientist when you're building "toys" out of illegal US military surplus parts that are pumped completely incorrectly. You've done the equivalent hooking up a 650nm diode in series with a couple AA cells. You're trifling with this like a "teen" would.

Well, at least you captivated a huge Youtube audience, right? I'm glad you got want you wanted.

I hope you feel responsible for the mistakes your video leads them to.

-Trevor

Arayan

pretending you're a scientist when you're building "toys"
for the truth he is the first to say that he only building toys and he not pretending nothing more ... in my opinion this discussion not have much sense :(

Thats why I prefer NOT to talk to older people.

Already admitted its a toy. What the hell do you want from me?
Proven fact: Some on this thread are grumpy old man, willing to fight over everything. I will keep my karma and take the hits like a man. Go on...gimme your best shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.