Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Mega Watt Pulse Laser Gun in High Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arayan

Interesting. Heard of that method.

A visible green high power laser would be damn cool. Any plans getting it done one day? ^^

maybe it would be easier to obtain a pulsed ruby laser... is red but still visible :D

Interesting. Heard of that method.

A visible green high power laser would be damn cool. Any plans getting it done one day? ^^

not with the actual technology. But who knows. Not long aogo class 4 portable blue was unthinkable...

//dreammode on//

I dont need ultra short pulse with. So i would be happy with a diode pumped (q-switched?) dpss laser. Someday they build affordable pump diodes with good pulse characteristics, and then its green time.

//dreammode off//

A good source for high power would also be a fibre laser.
Maybe c*sio will build a 100W 445nm diode wich can be pulsed.
but for now i think i can't build my dream laser.

100W 445 TEM00 xD
That would be beyond awesome. The beamquality is the biggest "problem" you have to deal with, when it comes to todays high power diodes...beamshaping is annoying and not that easy most of the time.

I bet my ass I could remove the 1MW and still get a comment each damn minute ;-)
NOONE has an idea what a MW is....seriously...

I bet my ass I could remove the 1MW and still get a comment each damn minute ;-)
NOONE has an idea what a MW is....seriously...

Yeah but you built it.... Don't you want to know what it's really doing?

I couldn't just (not know) and ah it doesn't really matter... But thats just me.

If you do ever find out could you send me a PM I like to know if you ever do get a figure on it. Just curiosity is all....

EDIT : Example...

Look how cool this car is,

How fast can it go...?

Ah I don't really know but no one cares you can't go faster than 65mph here anyways..

Uh yeah but how fast is it?? You got what the Horse Power is at least?

Ah umm Man it gos fast it just DOES!! look heres a video...

Yeah but how fast can it go....? Anything?

Last edited:
You just cant calculate the exact output.

We asume its somewhere between 10 and 100 kW!

Np. If you ever do get a measurement please shot me a PM, I'd like to know.

Sweet Build man that thing looks good and looks like it kicks good.

Arayan

First of all we need to know the voltage used to energize the lamp. If capacitors have about 100J, I suppose 1 or 2 KV. From the formula J=1/2CV*E^2 we can calculate the capacity to obtain a value (in Joules) of a pulse. After since W=J/sec we need to know the time of a pulse (I suppose in ns)... and after this we can estimate the power in Watts :)

Feet per Second?
300.000 km / s

Arayan: Check out the video again!!!!!! And MAYBE search on Gizmondo for YOUR gun dude xD

Arayan

Arayan: Check out the video again!!!!!! And MAYBE search on Gizmondo for YOUR gun dude xD
You'll be famous dude, when there will be the inauguration of the PP dynamics? :D
Feet per Second?
300.000 km / s
LOL :crackup::crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.