Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.9W Jayrob 2D Mag Host

jayrob

Nice...

I'd be curious to see a comparison done with the 405-G-1!

Because I just wonder if the slow drop in power over time will be less with a lens that is letting out more of the light vs the AixiZ 445 lens??

Especially at that max current. I'll bet it would make a difference...

Milos

you gus are making me slack at work big time!! :kewlpics:

I will likely be ordering another 405 lens from you Jayrob soon, for my ~2W 445nm with D size batteries. I got most of the parts to build, but i'm just not decided on the host. Its shame there aren't more choices in this class of flashlights.

cheers

DTR

Most likely. I will have to get some more G-1's. I would assume the 200mW that is not passed through is adding to the building heat. I wonder if it is being absorbed into the lens nut or if it is being reflected back into the diode.:thinking:

Nice...

I'd be curious to see a comparison done with the 405-G-1!

Because I just wonder if the slow drop in power over time will be less with a lens that is letting out more of the light vs the AixiZ 445 lens??

Especially at that max current. I'll bet it would make a difference...

jayrob

Yeah it would be an interesting comparison with the meter...

Either way, it translates into heat, and at that kind of power, it would probably show a difference...

I have the lenses... Let me know when you guys are ready for them! :)

DTR, just wondering if you ever got a chance to update this thread with a power reading video using 405-G-1? :)

Last edited:

jakeGT

i just want to let everybody know that i just received this laser in the mail today.....

AND HOLY F@#$ING S#*T!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing is so amazing. good lord i cant say/figure out enough the right words to say on this laser. it is sooooooooooooooo amazing. I think i am in love with this purple punisher(trying to think of a better name)

i will be doing my own mini review of it which will be linked in my sig as soon as i get it up.(no pun intended)

jakeGT

oh yeah and i was just messing around with the exposure settings on my camera trying to take a good pic of my new 2d mag 1.983W laser and forgot about backstops... so at 8ft i burned a 1/4 inch whole in my moms very next antique wood desk. WHOOPS.... she's going to be highly pissed if she ever sees it.

DTR

:D

I just got my order page up and running. It is a work in progress.;)

Buy It Now

Last edited:
DOH your place is haunted DTR!!! You better call a ghostbuster.

In the 4th pic of your beamshots there's a small apparation wearing shades leaning on the head of the laser. :eek:

I know, creepy but I'm just letting you know man, it wasn't the cat afterall :can: