Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.5W Viasho/ScanPro 40's/FB3 Reviw's (lot of pic)

jeffd

15935_105359716145640_100000148376370_142897_3838524_n.jpg

:drool: wow!

Trevor

Sorry for the thread revival... but can you easily mount optics (beam expander, anyone?) directly to the head or is optical breadboard needed for additional (simple) optics?

-Trevor

If you look at the very first picture you will see a circle thing with 4 dimples in it had a hole for the beam to come out of that is acutely a cover that is threaded into the main laser body so you can remove it to clean the optic but it’s their to keep dust out.... I guess you could have somebody measure the threads of that and then make you an adapter

Trevor

If you look at the very first picture you will see a circle thing with 4 dimples in it had a hole for the beam to come out of that is acutely a cover that is threaded into the main laser body so you can remove it to clean the optic but it’s their to keep dust out.... I guess you could have somebody measure the threads of that and then make you an adapter

Hmm, okay, thanks. I'll take a look at the drawings on their website (I think they're out there). I may just get an external lens from Optotronics or something, unless someone has a better idea.

EDIT: ...and I'm assuming that dim red glow is IR?

Very nice. I just ordered a 500mW Viasho labby! I'm so excited!

Nice. I just ordered a 1W rated unit and can't wait.

-Trevor

Last edited:
Hmm, okay, thanks. I'll take a look at the drawings on their website (I think they're out there). I may just get an external lens from Optotronics or something, unless someone has a better idea.

EDIT: ...and I'm assuming that dim red glow is IR?

Nice. I just ordered a 1W rated unit and can't wait.

-Trevor

ohhhh. You're who Glenn was talking about. That's gonna be sweet!

Trevor

99% sure it is, yes :) It shows up because the camera is more sensitive to IR than our eyes.

And let us know when you recieve your 1W monster!

Interesting... I guess it's not IR filtered? Or are the crystals not lasing when the pump is at such a low level, and the IR filter just isn't filtering 100% of it?

ohhhh. You're who Glenn was talking about.

Uh-oh...

-Trevor

I believe it is IR filtered, I will ask. I also think well under 10mW of residual IR will easily show in such a picture. -Glenn

I do believe they are not ir filtered, but the lenses are coded during each stage to remove both excess 808nm and umm 1024? Or what’s the other wave length.... there for increase power as you don’t have an ir filter per say sucking up your green light but you have coated optics in side cutting down on ir.... that shot was taken through a 90 degree optic as seen in the picture with the Listerine.... it sits on top of my nova x125 case

the laser was at .65 A so it’s right before the lasing threshold of .70A there for not enough pump to excite the crystals but enough to get through for the naked eye to see and camera which was a slightly over dramatic representation… but rest assured that ir is nothing to worry about compared to the giant green beam coming from that thing : )

Asherz

Sweet beamshots :)

How much is a 500mW unit to order directly from Viasho?

Trevor

Sweet beamshots :)

How much is a 500mW unit to order directly from Viasho?

Frank quoted me either $600 or $700 plus ~$100 for shipping about a month and a half ago when I asked.

Dunno if that's changed or if you can manage to get a better deal then me. :p

-Trevor