Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.5w 405nm

This diode is legit , i am running one at 1.1 AMP and it is doing around 1.6 watts. The diode Needs a good heat sink because it produces a lot of heat. It is not as tight as a BDR, but it's powerful!!!! I was touched by its beam 1-2 times on my hand durring testing. It feels like a 5W 445. I tested it with a G-2 lens. G-2 is ok but a lot of splash. 3 element provides a good profile( oval). The lens has to be close to the diode to burn anything. But it is a good burner! I like it , and i bought 2 more.

SUPER Wolfram.. some needed to hear that... Junktronics has never let me down and IIRC my first buys were in 2000? yeah

just looked again for PM reply over there.. nothing yet.. he may have started harvesting .. he was too busy when he first found these..

hope I did not wait too long.. me likey a lot and long time.

Hello Hak, These are similar to the 405 projector assembly's which were around about 3 years ago. JT sold out really quick. I have been looking every where for this assenbly for years. When I saw it back in stock......The $$$ came out my sock ;)

Hi Hak,
I have an unused KE-set from Lasertack to combine four 5.6mm LDs, so could take 4 of these if I new how to harvest the LDs from such assemblies or if someone did it for me.

Hi Wolfram, what kind of 405nm projectors were those you mean 3 years ago? For cinemas or for what use?

LS, im not sure what type of projector. Please read The device summary on the JT site on EBAY. These are the same devices if not very similar. also these are mentioned at P.L site in a thread from a couple of years ago.

Hi everyone. I'd be happy to run a LPF group buy for these modules if you like. I just ask that the price not be posted publicly so I can still sell them at a profit on eBay. PM for details.

GREAT... GBs are fun for me... I run a tight ship.
PM with max I can get and some prices.. TYVM--
btw the guys are looking at your MG LPM-- I posted
one of your pics (great job as usual) --- very nice!
edit my apology to JL & LPF
for mis-reading that post..I got carried away -

-I while I would
like very much to work with all.. atm that remains to be seen.

Started a new 'thread' about BUILDING with these. I swear I saw an old title (in the 405 section) with: '414 nm-~15?? mW-- and planned to go back and read all of it ..but now I dont think I can find it.. IIRC the date was 2014(?) Jander?

Only wanting to find these so we can get a link or info from these builders..
Our source is/was being super helpful-- and actually does test each one .
And very kind, by adding one more (a DOA)to my order for me to 'practice' on (harvest).

RE-shipping Monday or Tue.

PM if one is wanted.

Last edited:

Coonie

Hi everyone. I'd be happy to run a LPF group buy for these modules if you like. I just ask that the price not be posted publicly so I can still sell them at a profit on eBay. PM for details.

Count me in for at least one

update/bump
here is a place to share building with this (and similar) PURPLE diodes.
There will be posts on Dual and Quad builds and lots on single builds--lab lasers-CNC cutters -hand-helds and moar.
Fair grade of 405/450 PBS cubes for 1,500mW are at Techhood and its 'clones'.. newgazer/exitotem/ and more.. NP==sa'll good.
PBS cubes for 7W 44s ? PM me.

Sharp 1500mW 405 building:

https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...iode-350mw-to-1500mw-share-your-build.103550/

Maly

GROUP BUY TIME??
I know the seller...
waiting on a quote for 10 pcs GB.. 3 are already spoken-for>>>
depending upon price , of course.

I did not want to send anyone anywhere --so I copypasta most..the pics where made by JTronics-- great detail.. he always has awesome photos.

loaded the last pic showing an improved spot quite round.. I plan to cube two together.. (PBS from techhood) and a second dual build w/ 44s with PBS from dave.. (high power capable)View attachment 61835

Attachments

• QQ截图20190109153238.jpg
    QQ截图20190109153238.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 17

Yep I saw these before but rather than a 1.5w multi mode blue/violet I would rather have another BDR-209 at 2/3 the price........ Take a look at techhood/extotem in this add, he is claiming 1200mw at 1a I wonder if these have become more robust ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16X-BDR209...n/232756656516?hash=item363160b984:rk:15:pf:0

Last edited: