Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.4W 520nm - The Hulk - MS-SSW-II Custom Direct Green

Just a couole low quality small pics done from my iPad mini. I need to figure out how to resize my good pics, none of them will upload to the forum.

This is just two showing it working. The one pic does not do the beam justice at all, this thing is insanely bright. Two to three times as bright as my 3.5w blue. I haven't put it on an LPM yet but the driver was set by DTR to get a likely 1.4w, possibly 1.5. I think it was 2.2a, correct me if I am wrong Jordan, you remember what you set the driver at?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 132

DTR

Very nice. Glad to see you are enjoying it.:beer:

IWIRE

Great build ! Thanks for all the pics. It's good to see others using their diode press for other uses :) Beautiful laser. Beautiful beam. :beer:

Finally got my Ophir NoSpin a couple days ago and tested this bad boy's output. Again, I keep getting lucky with you DTR. I don't recall exactly where you set the current but IIRC it was somewhere that you expected 1.4-1.5 watts. Well, it's doing an easy 1.6 and change with a G9 lens. Tried to check raw output and it appears it's not correct because it's only showing around 1.68w. I would have thought it would be higher than that with 1.6 after the lens. Doesn't matter too much, I'm not planning to use it without the lens and 1.6 watts was about 200mW more than I expected.

Awesome diode! Definitely my new favorite build. Thanks again for bringing these to market and giving us a reliable source. Would buy another if I weren't married. Or, I should say, will buy another of I decide I don't want to be married.....

Jeff, Jordan does do awesome work. He has been my go to guy for awhile and he has always come through for me. You did get an incredible build; if I could have justified the price I would have had to bid against you. LOL He has pulled my cannoli's out of the fire every time I get jammed up. But, hey. Kudos to both of you.

DTR

Finally got my Ophir NoSpin a couple days ago and tested this bad boy's output. Again, I keep getting lucky with you DTR. I don't recall exactly where you set the current but IIRC it was somewhere that you expected 1.4-1.5 watts. Well, it's doing an easy 1.6 and change with a G9 lens. Tried to check raw output and it appears it's not correct because it's only showing around 1.68w. I would have thought it would be higher than that with 1.6 after the lens. Doesn't matter too much, I'm not planning to use it without the lens and 1.6 watts was about 200mW more than I expected.

Awesome diode! Definitely my new favorite build. Thanks again for bringing these to market and giving us a reliable source. Would buy another if I weren't married. Or, I should say, will buy another of I decide I don't want to be married.....

Nice glad it turned out so well. Enjoy.:beer:

Some nice looking lasers!!!!

New Tailcap arrived thanks to Sinner and Offroadfreak :) :beer:

Now takes 2× 26650 =)
rfaOnoo.jpg

Finally time for video outside.

Yea. I did the pill on my 445nm 3watt MS-SSW-II the same way DTR did in his tutorial, except I used the nut and bolt to hold the spring on the plastic disk pressed into the pill. Mine has two 26650s in it too. It is an awesome build! Don't have nearly as many hosts as you do, Rick.

Wow. What a beast!

That's such a nice looking host too. Where would one obtain a host like this one?

OzLasers, these are made by sinner. You can PM him about one and he'll take care of you.

Wow. What a beast!

That's such a nice looking host too. Where would one obtain a host like this one?

This host was a custom "one off" design he did. It was partially completed when I asked him to make me something special for this diode and he suggested a $800 diode should be wrapped in titanium. It was hard to argue with that so I bit. He completed it a few days later and sent it from overseas; one of those Christmas morning type of trips to the mailbox. It is very light, much more than I would have imagined. It also has a very different feel than aluminum does, difficult to explain. Maybe it's a combination of the weight and conductivity of heat but it feels good (probably a placebo effect from knowing how much I paid).

I haven't looked extremely carefully at the new all copped host he is doing preorders on right now but at first glance it appears to be the same design done in copper. I think it's called the Cypreus II Copper and if you search on the BST threads you'll find it easily. As far as I know he doesn't have another titanium one in stock already built but I'm sure he could make another for you. Be prepared to pull out your wallet and watch it get skinny, this was the most expensive host I've bought. About 2.5x as much as it would have been in copper and probably 3x as much as aluminum. The titanium rods he turns these from are not cheap, I think they are about $85 or so just for the rod. Then there is retooling of his rig to cut it down, and as I understand it he had to take a lot more time in turning it down. It's also got an internal copper slug for a heatsink that he made to screw into the top and make good thermal contact with the host. It is very well designed and I think well worth the extra money spent. Sinner does fabulous work and his regular production hosts are very well priced IMHO. If you have him make you one I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way.

Thanks for the info guys. I've been looking for a unique host for quite some time now. To add to the uniqueness, I'm considering going with something between 589nm - 593nm.

I don't know if I can justify putting a 593nm diode in an incredibly expensive titanium host, so maybe I'll need both a titanium and a copper. Maybe a titanium laser should be left at either 532nm or 445nm. :p