Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.4W 520nm - The Hulk - MS-SSW-II Custom Direct Green

Ok, the hook was deep and I bit today. Went ahead and bought one. Waiting to hear from Sinner on a respectable host for it as well. Thanks again Jordan, really appreciate all you do for us laser crazed guys! Can't wait to get it, will probably have trouble sleeping over it tonight.....

FPsolst.jpg

Hope the tailcap arrivés fast so i can shoot some picture's and video's for you Guy's.

Received the diode today. Got Sinner doing a custom one off Titanium host with copper inlaid heat sinking. Should be assembled in about a week. Thanks again Jordan!

IsaacT

Holy shit! Titanium?! I am excited to see this! I have Sinner working on a full on Copper host. Now I am jealous. I miss my Titanium Laser.

DTR

Received the diode today. Got Sinner doing a custom one off Titanium host with copper inlaid heat sinking. Should be assembled in about a week. Thanks again Jordan!

Great can't wait to see your build.:beer:

Last edited:
Found a way to finally upload pics with my iPad. It is pretty slick looking. Nothing outrageous, just very elegant and bold at the same time. One of the best looking hosts I've ever seen. It is definitely worthy of a $750 diode. On e it's all said and done I will have well I've a grand in this build. Insane, I know. What's funny is I work very hard at my job and I never spend money on anything unnecessary or frivolous....except the damn lasers. They are definitely my weak spot. All this money just to put in a box until nightfall once a week or so. For about ten minutes I take them all out and light up the night sky for all the neighbors to watch. Then back in the box they go. Still though, I feel really good when I open that box......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Jmillerdoc, that looks like a very worthy host for your 520nm.
I've also had a craving for titanium since I picked up my 1st J/L Ti-B!
There is just something about the feel of titanium in your hand, that is comparable to nothing else.
Not to mention that not everybody else has a titanium host, especially a one of a kind from sinner!
I can't wait to see the results. :beer:

Titanium host interesting do you make it only for you or you could maki it more and sell after?
Which battery and how many?
Sorry for my poor English i hope you understand what i said.
Regards

Titanium host interesting do you make it only for you or you could maki it more and sell after?
Which battery and how many?
Sorry for my poor English i hope you understand what i said.
Regards

As far as I know this is the only one like it. Since I didn't pay him extra for the rights of the design I am pretty sure he would build another for someone else. I certainly wouldn't object if he did. It receives x2 18350 cells. It is approximately 6" long and 1.23" in max OD. The business end contains a copper heatsink and should provide for decent run times. I rarely run any of my lasers more than about 30 sec at a time anyways.

Last edited:
New Tailcap arrived thanks to Sinner and Offroadfreak :) :beer:

Now takes 2× 26650 =)
rfaOnoo.jpg

Finally time for video outside.

Last edited:
Well I finally finished it last night. It is insanely bright! More than I expected. I tried to upload a couple pics but had problems with the file size, appears my iPhone takes too large a file size picture. Anyone know how to make an iPhone picture a smaller file size for uploading to this forum?

I will be honest DTR, I was very nervous to click the laser on. I could just imagine "click" nothing, "click" nothing, "click" nothing.....$800 down the drain. I don't know why I was so nervous about it, guess it was the priciest diode I've ever bought. My luck with expensive diodes in the past has been lousy. Not that you would have done anything wrong, I was just thinking "what if I somehow killed it with a static charge or shorted the driver in the pill, etc..."

I was ecstatic when that blazing green fire erupted from my palm, so freaking brilliant it was!

Many thanks to DTR and Sinner for helping me build the coolest handheld I've made to date!

Jmillerdoc

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Now that we have been officially teased, I can't wait to see that custom titanium sinner host! :drool:
Now....., you can start to breathe again. :yh:

Last edited:

jimdt7

@Jmillerdoc I know that feeling my friend...you can almost "feel" the cold air around you...just before you turn the laser on for the first time...
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new beauty! :beer:

Jim

Last edited: