Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers

Re: 1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers W/COPPER HEATSINKS CHEAP $180

Thanks Elite. I know that I have to be patient. It's just hard because of all the great things everyone is saying about this monster. I'm so excited to see it for myself. lol

Posted fri 7th in usa just delivered to my door in the UK @ 11am quicker than out own postal service inland lol.....Batts just on charge will post later.... Fantastic service yobresal :)

Just a quick question, I'm doing a project and I need to know if this laser would be able to shoot through a piece of 3/16" plastic and cut 1/16" nylon thread in a reasonable amount of time without damaging the plastic window? Thanks in advance for the help, I'm glad I found this site!

Just a quick question, I'm doing a project and I need to know if this laser would be able to shoot through a piece of 3/16" plastic and cut 1/16" nylon thread in a reasonable amount of time without damaging the plastic window? Thanks in advance for the help, I'm glad I found this site!

I think you might need to explain what your talking about? It will cut (most) plastic and nylon but what do you mean with out damaging the plastic window??

I just got mine how long do the batts need to charge or will the charger stop when done?

I think you might need to explain what your talking about? It will cut (most) plastic and nylon but what do you mean with out damaging the plastic window??

Sorry, didn't mean to be unclear. I'm going to be building a box with something hanging from a nylon thread inside of it. In one wall of the box there will be a window to see inside the box and the item hanging by the thread, this window will be made of plastic, approximately 3/16" to 1/4", haven't measured it yet. It's part of a thing I'm doing for school, it's gonna be one of those chain reaction type things. What I'm wondering is, will the laser shine through the plastic window and is it strong enough to burn through the thread in say, 10 seconds? Or will it just damage or melt the plastic and not shine through to the thread?
I just need to know so that I can make changes to my project if I need to, before spending almost $200 (although I wouldn't mind having one of these builds for myself anyway :yh:) Sorry about the confusion!

Yay if came to today :D
(didn't know how to put batteries in... searched thread... negative to case)
Turned it on (godly! sure beats my dhgate 1000mw [koff 123mw] greenie)
after turning it on....
1st I Focused it.
2nd I pointed it @ my skin....never again~ (lol)

Other than that Excellent laser, fast shipping, good communication :D
+rep
(Will post pictures later)
Thanks again ;D

Last edited:

crud..... green looks sorta yellow now.....
gonna w8 for glasses to arrive b4 more play ;-;

I got the night beam shots :3 :kewlpics:
And i did do a comparison with my DhGate "1000mw" greenie (koff... 123mw on meter, according to another member)

Also I applied a modified version of this guys idea:
KAR
Focusing tip for anyone interested: Instead of putting a spring or tape on the threads of the lens, I made a round spacer out of aluminum that fits snugly around the threads and is .097 inches thick. When I tighten the lens down against the spacer it has a perfect focus to infinity. If I want to burn I just loosen it to sharpen the beam. This way I always know that the beam is focused for night pointing and don't have to worry about the lens turning while it's in my pocket. When making the spacer, it takes time to get it right cause once you get the thickness close, you have to literally remove .001 or .002" at a time till you get it perfect but for me it was worth it. What a great Laser this is.

Kevin

DhGate "1w" vs Yob445 1w+
P1100155.jpg

Night shot
P1100153.jpg

items used to make spacer: (metal sheet from Dead ibook, Super glue)
P1100158.jpg

Spacer super glued to lens (I also applied super glue to the screw part of the lens as a way to make it harder to turn. But I made sure the super glue didn't bond the lens to the rest of the laser. To make sure its smooth, I used a pair of pliers to screw it in and out a few times)
P1100157.jpg

KAR
Each spacer would probably be slightly different in thickness due to variation in dimensions between lasers...therefore it is something you would have to fit to your own laser and can't be mass produced.

For my laser I only need to use one layer of metal (the sheet of ibook metal is quite thin)
But you can use how ever many layers of spacers you need~

.....sewper gloo +3+

Last edited:

burner

Got mine today but didn't really play with it yet. Thanks !!

dootle

KanoBox,are you out of your mind? under no circumstance do you ever point a laser(especially this type) at any part of your body and should always have safety googles on at all times.it sounds like you have already damaged your vision.Hope it is not permanent.btw,most any laser from dhgate(a couple sellers especially) are not only way under spec,sometimes they are not even the item advertised.
anyway,don't want to get off topic.I got mine yesterday(thanks yobresal).The package may not have been handled with proper care by my mailman.as a result mine did not work.before i even put the batteries in i could hear a rattling.it was the pos wire,it was no longer soldered to the leg of the diode.with this build if you have to open it you need to be extremely careful or it is very easy to break.so after i got it apart all i had to do was tack the wire back onto the diodes' leg,but the wire is short and there isn't much room to work.so i decided to desolder the black wire from the other leg and then i soldered a small 2 column pin header to the wires.then i soldered the female clip to a couple of 1 inch wires and soldered the other end onto the diode.now i can very easily take out the heat sink simply by unscrewing the retaining ring and can clip/unclip instantly.
It is working good now and the only other thing i needed to do was tighten up the focus adjustment(but that isn't anything).thanks again yobresal for everything and the super quick shipping

nah don't worry too much 'bout me ;D
my visions back in order (after 5 minutes)
And my glasses are on the way~:beer:
(my arm stopped hurting after 30 seconds anyways :x)

i caught an errant 405nm beam earlier, left me with a white haze in my left eye for awhile... eek..this is just a weak wimpy 5 mW one ...

quelo

Money sent...

It might be off topic, but, guys can you suggest any good option for safety goggles?

thx, cheers

Last edited: