Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers

kobi g

Re: 1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers CHEAP $180

yobresal you'r super fast on shipment :) loved it man
Thanks

ferd19

if you want it to run low, add an 18650 battery in it. I don't know exactly how many mW's it is w/ an 18650, but it is certainly dimmer, though that's not saying much since it's still pretty damn bright.

Micmal

if you want it to run low, add an 18650 battery in it. I don't know exactly how many mW's it is w/ an 18650, but it is certainly dimmer, though that's not saying much since it's still pretty damn bright.

Wow can someone confirm this? This would be awesome as I wanted a 2 mode (low-high). If someone could test the output with a 18650 that would be much appreciated.

kobi g

Re: 1.2 watt 445nm lasers CHEAP

these can run for much longer that 20 seconds. I recommend 45 second duty cycles.
Can it be modified to use a heatsink for the driver like the coin heatsink DTR is using? and then we won't have to use the duty cycle?

XuBaKa

Amazing light saber!

I´ll take some pics ASAP to show in here.

Can it be modified to use a heatsink for the driver like the coin heatsink DTR is using? and then we won't have to use the duty cycle?

The driver is designed for Continuous output and does not require a duty cycle. Tge only reason I recommend a duty cycle is to keep the diode happy.

i hate danish customs.. they still have my laser .. hope it will arrive this week :D

kobi g

The driver is designed for Continuous output and does not require a duty cycle. Tge only reason I recommend a duty cycle is to keep the diode happy.

Thanks for the info.
I'll update when they will arrive :)

No problem buddy! Glad you're happy.
-Luke

jakeGT

hey yobresal, OR ANYBODY else for that matter. can somebody please put up a pic with their laser with the thread tape on the focusing head for me? I found the thread tape but im scared to put it on my laser becasue i dont want to hurt anything... i just want to know how to do this so i can tighten up my focus knob a little bit, if the laser gets shaken or waved around when im doing my star wars lightsaber moves it becomes unfocused.

thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

KAR

Just received mine today. That was fast. Paid on Sat. and received on Mon. Mine is a copper heatsink version.

I am impressed with the performance so far. Did a little burning using CR123s and am just waiting for dark while I charge the batts. Thanks Yobresal.

Just received mine today. That was fast. Paid on Sat. and received on Mon. Mine is a copper heatsink version.

I am impressed with the performance so far. Did a little burning using CR123s and am just waiting for dark while I charge the batts. Thanks Yobresal.

How long can you run it before it gets hot?

hey yobresal, OR ANYBODY else for that matter. can somebody please put up a pic with their laser with the thread tape on the focusing head for me? I found the thread tape but im scared to put it on my laser becasue i dont want to hurt anything... i just want to know how to do this so i can tighten up my focus knob a little bit, if the laser gets shaken or waved around when im doing my star wars lightsaber moves it becomes unfocused.

thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

If you have the focus ring removed from the fully threaded lens holder.... imagine the center 1/3 of the threads covered with plumbers tape "about 1.5 turns"...no more.
Just keep it clear the ends so nothing hangs over accidentally and gets in direct path of the beam.

If the focus ring is on, it will prob be touching one edge of the tape.

Hope that helps.

KAR

How long can you run it before it gets hot?

I don't really want to push the limits on run time and I'm not sure what you consider hot, but my infrared thermometer showed 79 degrees before I started burning wood and I burned for over 2 minutes constant and afterward it showed 91 degrees. That doesn't sound bad to me.

EDIT: By the way, with the beam focused as sharp as I can get it at 3 inches, it will burn through a hard plastic dvd jewel case in about one second. I'm talking about the black plastic back of a slim hard case. Every time I moved it there was a second or less delay before I could see light against my backstop.

Last edited: