Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers

Re: 1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers CHEAP $180

F the stink bugs, they're taking over, burn on !
:eg:

You mean the last few days before they fire you?..... :crackup:

No, more like the 4 "weekday" day shifts where we do all of the maintenance, before my monthly 7 day break. (I love having 2 three day weekends & a seven day break out of every 4 weeks...)

Zephyr

I need to come up with some good ideas, its tough to think of something that hasn't already been done to death. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend...

Edit: I can say I have been burning the hell out of some stink bugs, havent seen anyone post a video of that yet... of course I really don't need an insect activist group throwing bug blood on my door...

Lol don't know if I could think of anything that might smell worse than a frying stink bug. And yeah I actually wouldn't be a bit surprised over some activist group getting up in arms about some torched stink bug :rolleyes:

Original post updated with pics of the laser and also the charger and everything included.

i wonder what happens if u point it at a bee hive 5 feet away

Zephyr

You get a bunch of angry bees with burned a55es.

i wonder what happens if u point it at a bee hive 5 feet away

Two things.
1. You quickly realize you should have made it more than 5 feet
2. lasing your wounds makes it feel better
:D

Hmmm, Anyone for some roasted honey jam on toast?

Rather than use a laser as a pointing tool for a gun.... maybe we now have it backwards....

We need a scope mounted on a laser... point it at the target and "bam" toasted bee!

Zephyr

Ha I was thinking that a while back. We uses to need laser scopes for guns. Now we need scopes for lasers. Weird irony eh.

Zephyr

I have a few of these for sale. They are >1000mW. They use A140 diode, 2 CR123A 3.6/3.7 rechargeable batteries aixiz 445nm glass lens, black dust cap, rear clicky on/off, aluminum heatsink with set screw, 30 second on/off duty cycle.

Say Yob, have you ever tried this laser build with a 405-G-1 lens assembly? It would be interesting to see how much power it would throw with that.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, do you offer the 405-G-1 as an upgrade?

As i was cleaning my lens i noticed as i rotated the lens the smuged area wasn't rotating with it, after taking the lense off i concluded that the diode might have a smudge on it. Is that an ok thing to clean with some rubbing alcohol and a q tip?

I do not use nor recommend using the 405-G-1 lens with this build. The lens I use is wonderful.
As for cleaning a diode I recommend micro-fiber cloth vs q-tip

Say Yob, have you ever tried this laser build with a 405-G-1 lens assembly? It would be interesting to see how much power it would throw with that.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, do you offer the 405-G-1 as an upgrade?

I just deleted an long explanation..... let me at least say that most these beams are about the same size when they first come out of the laser... so at that point, more power is dominant... but the farther you go out, its not all about power any longer unless convergence remains the same with both lenses.

Exaggerating the illustration.. at some point, any laser turns into a flashlight as the beam is no longer useful at some point in the distance.

G-1 and G-2 are awesome at transmitting power... but divergence is affected, the G-2 is a tad better.

But in an effort to give everyone the sweetest bargain possible and the perfect balance between being inexpensive but yet still maintaining brute power.... I can't find anything close to this bargain.

There is other stuff out there with other options.. but expect to pay double and up.

The G-1 or G-2 lens cost over 1/4 and nearly 1/3 the total price of this laser, especially when you consider the charger etc you are now getting without a price raise!... wow!

If you want to keep the price down you have to consider these things and realize that any benefits incurred may be expensive... especially if you also lose in some other area.

I bought one of Yobresal's lasers because there was nothing else out there that could touch the price mixed with quality it offers......

If I ever decide I don't need it, it will be easy to double or triple my money when I show it off to some of my friends!

its really a no brainer purchase.....

Unless your nearly broke and can barely afford this laser.. buy this one and then buy anything else you want too!.....

if you don't quite have that much money.. buy two of these and you can share and not have everyone wanting to play with yours!

I can't wait till Christmas fireworks!..... I won't need a punk! :evil:

Last edited:

Zephyr

I do not use nor recommend using the 405-G-1 lens with this build. The lens I use is wonderful.
As for cleaning a diode I recommend micro-fiber cloth vs q-tip

Understood.