Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

You know when you're addicted to lasers when...

Heidi

Re: You know when you're addicted to lasers when..

Switch said:
Damn, that guy's Rolex is encrusted with so many gems, the hands can't move :D

Anyway, how about when your phone camera and your phone screen has dead pixels ::) ?

Btw, Heidi, how about posting your pic in the "Post your pic" thread?? ::) ;D

Not taken any laser pics with my phone yet, so no dead pixels yet.

Will be posting my pic soon, just want my RGY laser show fixed first, then will get pics of me and my best laser together.

Zom-B

Heidi said:
[quote author=Switch link=1210020386/15#17 date=1210028590]When you look at the clock when it displays a diode or DPSS achievable wavelength and makes you happy. :D

When your keyboard looks like this. :D

does it work on laptop screens too?
I think we should start a thread called "what's the most expensive thing you've ever burnt with a laser."
Then I'll chat up the rolex watch guy and see if he'll let me burn a few bits of his car. :p

[/quote]
I did it once on a camera tft display. It creates a big blob of black like you see when air creeps in between the glass planes, except it originates in the middle and there is no crack. The next day the blob contracted to a single point and was surrounded by 1/16" (2mm) radius of superluminescent pixels (they shine way too bright for some reason). I would like to make a picture of it but I only have one camera.

You know when you're addicted to lasers when..

You set your alarm clock to 6:28.

You use a laser as room illumination every day when going to bed.

Your cat doesn't play with lasers anymore.

You consider moving to a new home because you don't have a large view.

When you can recollimate a lens to <1mRad in less than 5 seconds without extra tools.

well, you could set up some mirrors to take a pic of the back of the cam (at an angle)..

YKWY'rATLW...

You go to raves and all you enjoy are the lasers.

You begin a laser fight between your RPL-300 which you "happened" to have at a big party/dance club and the security guards.

I think I could be teh winrar pretty easily with a RPL-300, I mean, all it takes is a flash from that thing...

Zom-B

Won't work. I've tried with 3 mirrors and the LCD looks pitch black on the photo even though I can see the images on it with my own eyes.

Attachments

• Hpim4107.jpg
    Hpim4107.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 194

VW

... you spend $1500 in two months, on two lasers... :eek:

you can't wait to get that stimulas check so you can buy more stuff from "JACK"

edit : but i had better not my wife says she will file for divorce : :mad:

Buy the laser & tell her to file her nails instead! ;) :cool:phoenix77

john_lawson said:

just buy her something nice along with your laser, tell her it was even more expensive than your laser, that way you cover the purchase :D

Heidi

phoenix77 said:
Buy the laser & tell her to file her nails instead! ;) :cool:phoenix77

Lack of lasers is grounds for divorce. ;) If I had to choose between a guy and my lasers.
I'd choose my lasers, and celebrate by buying/building another one. :D

Heidi said:
Lack of lasers is grounds for divorce.   ;) If I had to choose between a guy and my lasers.
I'd choose my lasers, and celebrate by buying/building another one.  :D

There'd be no choosing here.  But too bad I am already spoken for!  :D

When you look at the clock when it displays a diode or DPSS achievable wavelength and makes you happy.

If I do not stop for anything on the way home from work, I usually get home right at 5:32 PM.  ;)

Ace82

Heidi said:
You have to be cruel to be kind. I want someone who loves me for who I am as a person and someone who is a best friend too. Money and material things mean nothing to me, and also to most decent girls. Love, friendship, honesty, chocolate, and lasers are what count.  :-*

I concur.  Freedom isn’t free at all!  Money and material things are trivial, except for of coarse lasers.  I am a chocolic  myself (probably gona give myself diabetes).  I try to remain focused on love, honor, respect and loyalty, all the while remaining selfish by taking care of #1 too!

Zom-B said:
You know when you're addicted to lasers when..

You set your alarm clock to 6:28.

You use a laser as room illumination every day when going to bed.

Your cat doesn't play with lasers anymore.

You consider moving to a new home because you don't have a large view.

When you can recollimate a lens to <1mRad in less than 5 seconds without extra tools.

I use my lasers to illuminate all the time!
My cat used to be obsessed with my lasers, now she doesn’t even acknowledge them.

john_lawson said:

Awe common!  Don’t you both get your own $600? And the whole purpose is to splurge it all on the market!  Tell your wife that you are doing a service for your country by buying lasers/laser equipment!

Addition:

You know you’re addicted to lasers when your best friend learns a new word and texts your phone: “You are a laser aficionado”.

ya but i just blew a grand on the Rpl and that money will get my head above water again -gas-food is getting out of hand not lol

I'm at $2335 including the last 10 years. $1100 for a 7.5mw greenie 9 years ago. $85 times 3 for red lasers 9 years ago. $780 for the RPL-225 2 weeks ago and $200 for an up and coming :)
You know your a laser addict when your neighbor and wife talk about how a wise man would have spent his money on a new roof or flooring.
A guy I work with who has a beautiful guitar collection said life is too short to not buy the few things you can afford.

When you go to a rock concert and you're just as psyched about seeing the lasers as you are seeing the band or performer!

When you look at your power bill and you see the word "kilowatt" and you think of something that has absolutely nothing to do with power consumption! Output power.....not input power!!!!

You are walking down a road at twilight and you look at various reflective road signs and you wish you had a laser with you and you wonder what it would look like and how bright it would be if you hit one of those signs.....or maybe you have a laser and you find out!

ixfd64

Copied from my thread:

You just might be know you are a laser enthusiast if...

(Some of these aren't by me.)

1. When you go to children's parties, people ask you not to participate in the balloon popping contests.

2. When people want you to light their smokes, they expect you to whip out one of those flashlight-like lasers.

3. You build a laser-armed robot that defends you from water balloon attacks, similar to a miniature MTHEL.

4. You are legally prohibited from visiting exhibits that involve balloon sculptures.

5. Film companies always ask you for advice when they want special effects that involve lasers.

6. You complain to film makers that those "lasers" in their sci-fi movies aren't true lasers.

7. You write to those balloon fetish "pr0n" sites and suggest that they give their models some high-powered lasers and goggles.

8. When someone mentions the word Watts, an image of a carbon dioxide laser appears in your head.

9. "Lasermania" is your favorite level in The Incredible Machine 3.

10. You wear laser goggles instead of sunglasses.

11. You know that people "just don't understand" why you spend so many dollars on lasers.

12. A girl on the beach walks towards you and it's the balloon that you look at.

13. You've dreamed about lasers. [guilty]

14. You start despising full moons. [guilty]

15. You've set off the smoke detector due to lighting too many matches.

16. You scavenge electronics dumps for broken DVD burners, hoping that their diodes still work.

17. You keep a laser next to your bed. [guilty]

18. You have at least one laser company's phone on your speed-dial.

19. You make up the poem "Roses are red, violets are blue, so are my lasers, too!" [guilty]

20. Said poem is actually true.

21. You have a laser-related site as your home page.

22. Someone gives you a pen and you look for the switch.

23. You think that the laser scanner at the store is better than nothing in terms of laser shows.

24. You take batteries from remotes and clocks (or your brother's Nintendo DS) to power your lasers.

25. You look at any color and can determine its wavelength.

26. You embezzle from your school's treasury in order to that blue lab laser.

27. You don't know why you were just arrested.

28. You've stayed up to 5:00 AM reading laser-related forums. [guilty]

29. You've snuck on the Internet to view laser-related forums, even though you're supposed to be doing homework. [guilty]

30. You become depressed whenever a laser-related forum suffers a downtime. [guilty]

31. You get an A+ in any class related to optics and photonics, but fail everything else.

32. When fans of Disney parks are talking about how Princess Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty) rarely appears in blue, you think they're talking about a laser. After all, blue is a rare color for lasers, and "Aurora" would make a good name for a future laser product, IMO. (Funny thing, Dragon Lasers now has a line of blue lasers called the Aurora series.)

33. When people mention the name Aurora, you think they're talking about Dragon Lasers' blue lasers.

34. You memorize every single line from Real Genius.

35. When you notice that the bathroom is full of steam from the shower you took, you run to your room to grab a laser, even though you're all wet, have no clothes on, and that it's really cold. [guilty]

36. You read optics-related catalogs while on the toilet.

37. In class, you pay more attention to the professor's laser pointer than the actual lecture. [guilty]

38. When someone says "Nexus," you think they're talking about either the 95mw laser or "Steve" from Wicked Lasers, whereas it could also have many different meanings.

39. You try to play limbo with a lab laser, even though it's incredibly dangerous.

40. You become the world champion of Khet.

41. You try to find an algorithm to mathematically solve Khet.

42. You know that the Death Star has a 1E38 W laser, but it has a duty cycle of 1 second on and 1 day off.

43. You know that Death Star II has a 1E29 W laser and a an improved duty cycle due to its new planet-sized heatsink.