Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yet another Texan !

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I have been interested in lasers since high school, when I saw the old ads for a HeNe labby kit from Edmund Scientific back in the 70's. But if I remember correctly, they were around $300, maybe more. Didn't have that kind of money back then, and didn't know what I would do with it if I had one.

A couple years ago I bought a 1mw red pointer and had a lot of fun watching the dog and cats chase the little dot.

Last year I was watching TV and they were reporting about people shining lasers at airplanes and wreaking havoc. I knew my little 5mw pointer couldn't do much, so out of curiosity I started searching the web to see what was out there. That search led me to this site, and I practically live here now.

++ I would never shine a laser at an airplane, or car, or people ++

Just wanted to know what was available to play with. So I bought a 200mw greenie and was amazed that you could actually SEE the beam ! After reading alot about laser safety from several sites, I ended up buying a >850mW 445. It is awesome. I have safety glasses and am very careful everytime I use it.

Next step is to build one myself. I look forward to chatting with many of you and learning from the masters.

jib77

Welcome indeed! If you see a blue beam around town it wasn't me. :whistle:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Jib, since we live close I would like to meet you sometime. I'll take the blame for the bright blue beam over Fort Worth :D

Hi Frank;

We should have a laser enthusiast's meeting this spring in Arlington.

It's a good place to meet everyone and check out lasers and flashlights.

LarryDFW

WLEOME from Brazoria

go to any texans profile page and look to the right side for the social group 'Lone Star Laser Fans' click the group--then at the bottom click on 'join group' then once on the group page look at bottom for 'tools' and click on add subscripton- that way you will get a notice when someone new joins the group and when/where laser meets will happen.

See you at the Arlington meet.

hak