Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow Laser Pointer Prize for CNI banner ad competition

Krutz

seems like you made it, niko, congratulations! :)
I would suggest a different format than .gif though, for the obvious color-palette-limitations..
And hey, its just a 5mw pointer, right? ;-)

manuel

I would suggest a different format than .gif though, for the obvious color-palette-limitations..

manuel

I know, I made it in .gif because it was the most universal animation format. Flash uses the processor all the time to render the vectorized image and this would be a long runtime banner and thus I made it in Photoshop.

The palette issues were because they asked me to keep the filesize under 512k when the original size was 1,3MB... quite tough, I had to play A LOT with settings.

EDIT: Thanks, Krutz :)

manuel
No, it's 1mW pointer :D
Orange however.

I hope it averages 4-5mW like the ones from the members from the CNI GB :)

TJ: Thanks ;)

It doesn't acctually matter is it 3 or 4 or 5 mW :D
The wavelenght is the closest one to the reference of 555.5 nm, the most visible color.Should be very much visible, when wattage is taken into account.

Nice job NIKO, Congratulations to you & ALL the contest participants !!!!!! rob

532 is closer to 555 than 593.5
Holy cr'p really :D :D
I actually though it would be more visible than green. How could i miscalculate it?!
Ok than i agree with whoever said before: It's just a 5 mW pointer, although i say 1 mW :D

Dear members,

Now I announce the winner-Niko. Congratulations!!! I will send you the prize-yellow laser poniter to you some days later. Please waiting for getting the prize.

Thanks for all the other participants who are interested in the move. Your banners are all very amazing. It is really hard for me to choose. But the winner must be only one-Niko. Well done Niko.
Thanks for the memebers' patient and effort. Appreciating for your participating in.

Best wishes
Laura

Last edited:
I hope all the friends can display your design here. The designs are really amazing. I hope the members in the forums can share all the designs.

Laura

Moptsp

Yeah, the ones that didn't win can still use their banners. :)

-Moptsp

Krutz

hmm, it said "preferrably flash".. ;-)

ah well, quite many hours "wasted" on that laser-hobby, again, for that banner. i refreshed my flash-knowledge with this at least.
still a nice competition, and there can only be one lucky winner, not?

manuel

hmm, it said "preferrably flash".. ;-)

ah well, quite many hours "wasted" on that laser-hobby, again, for that banner. i refreshed my flash-knowledge with this at least.
still a nice competition, and there can only be one lucky winner, not?

manuel

Exactly, "preferably flash".

Never think that you wasted hours on this; see, I always learn new things whenever I design anything. For example, when the Laser-Wave competition was done I discovered that it was possible to animate with Photoshop and so I learned how to animate with it (didn't take me long since I already knew how to animate in Flash, but it was a good discovery indeed). For the modwerx banner I learned how to polish stuff even more, learned how to bevel stuff without using global light, which I had never tried before... and the list goes on and on.

I wanted to attach the file (.avi) of my banner (I never got time to finish it, so it's incomplete). But the attachment window says a security token is missing...

Does any one now how I could display it?