Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow goggles, Blu-ray blocking

Jaseth

PM sent Glenn.
This is a GREAT offer people, and a must if you have a high power blu-ray laser and/or want to experiment with fluorescence.

Seb

Just making sure, the red lensed ones block 532 and 405, for only $5 extra, while the yellow are for 405 only?

Yes, they do, but I will test each now, as a few, (I hear), are not as high an OD, (OD2+ is good for most of us). This doesn't mean they are no help if lower OD, but using caution is always a good idea. So, any more red lens ones I sell, I will report ow many mW of green and BR are getting through to my LPM. I think those with >250mW should be extra cautious and maybe even should get certified goggles. -Glenn

Just in, three more pair of the red lens goggles, I tested these w/ my new IgorT 8X on the Kenometer the reading was 515 mW, then with these goggles the reading drops to zero mW look the same as the picture page #4 post #97 These block green laser well, but allow IR to go through.

With the same test, my yellow goggles will bring 515 mw BR laser down to about 8 mW.

;) -Glenn

Last edited:

Jaseth

Thank you for the goggles Glenn, and thank you for the goodies :beer:
As always a very nice transaction.

Seb

I already have 2 pair of yellow lenses from glen. I had 4 but sold 2 with my previous high power blu ray laser. Very smooth transaction. Thanks glenn!

I have a few questions about the red lenses now which I do not own yet.

Can you see the blue dot at all when using the red lenses with 405nm wavelength at high 400+mw power range? The yellow lenses worked pretty well at around 450mw power. It is still pretty blurred and bright though. This thread indicates it is reduced to around 10mw. I would like it lower than that. I usually put 2 of them on with my previous laser to get the dot as dim as I like it(no distracting blur). My next blu ray will be 610mw so I am looking to get more protection but still be able to see a dim dot.

Also what is the green protection with the red lenses? I didn't see any percent or examples in this thread for the red lense protection from green. Are there any examples like what it would reduce a 150mw green laser down to? I currently only have a 44mw green laser though.

I am told the red lenses are >OD2 for 532nm, and yes, nearly everything fluoresces, so you can see the dot of the 405nm, but it will look yellow usually or reddish etc. most of the time as violet, blue and green are so well blocked. AMB! -Glenn

Wow, Got them this morning! Thanks, Glenn! and thanks for that other bit, it will actually get quite a bit of use from me, as I like to go exploring at night sometimes and having a bright flashlight messes with your eyes when you're looking for shooting stars :p

Thanks again, these are great quality! Way better than the glasses-style clear goggles from chemistry class!

I have gotten down to the last dozen or so pair of BR goggles, and have not found another supplier yet, so I an asking a bit more for the last few pair. These will now ship in the USA for $19 with shipping and PP fee until I run out or find more. Wish me luck finding a new source. -Glenn

Mine arrived today, that was fast. They look great, and thanks for the extras.

I wish my laser pointers I ordered from Hong Kong would ship as fast as you shipped this.

Just in, three more pair of red lens goggles! For a total to your country, please just let me know what country you need them sent to? Best Wishes! -Glenn