Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Xtar VC2 plus master charger

Just bought this new charger and have some new 18650 batteries. The intelligent charger has 0.5A and 1A modes and will automatically select the best charging rate so if you insert a smaller low cap an a high cap battery it will auto select 0.5 and you cant change it. But with high cap (3400) 18650 the charger should be able to use 1A. These new batteries can only be charged at 0.5 and when try to move to 1A it reverts back to 0.5. One was 12% and other 24% I think. So my question. Is this this because they are new batteries or because they are very low or both. ( I put in my 18650 2100 mAh at 74% and i could choose 1A) Also Im using a usb plug in the mains and even with one new battery it still uses 0.5. Any advice? :thinking:

BobMc

Just bought this new charger and have some new 18650 batteries. The intelligent charger has 0.5A and 1A modes and will automatically select the best charging rate so if you insert a smaller low cap an a high cap battery it will auto select 0.5 and you cant change it. But with high cap (3400) 18650 the charger should be able to use 1A. These new batteries can only be charged at 0.5 and when try to move to 1A it reverts back to 0.5. One was 12% and other 24% I think. So my question. Is this this because they are new batteries or because they are very low or both. ( I put in my 18650 2100 mAh at 74% and i could choose 1A) Also Im using a usb plug in the mains and even with one new battery it still uses 0.5. Any advice? :thinking:

Wish I could help you out, but I'm no joy here. Why don't you charge them at 0.5 amps until they get charged up and than maybe they'll start charging at a higher current level. It's a "Hail Mary Pass" :can:

Wish I could help you out, but I'm no joy here. Why don't you charge them at 0.5 amps until they get charged up and than maybe they'll start charging at a higher current level. It's a "Hail Mary Pass" :can:
Possibly right. ive heard new batteries need to be conditioned like when you buy a new phone and the battery wont get to optimum capacity until after a few charges. Hopefully its that.

Although I just bought an Olight S1R Turbo S torch and its not holding turbo S for more than 5 (instead of 1:30) seconds before stepping down. They gonna replace me I think but seemed funny they were on ebay with 'make an offer' Got a few quid off but now suspicious they old batteries or seconds. They'll sort it though hopefully as they already offering replacement. In regard to the 18650s time will tell I suppose . Thanks.

Get the Opus BT-C3100 charger. They are on sale at Gearbest.com. It is the best battery analyzer I've ever found and you can test the capacity of your batteries and the dynamic internal resistance as well as many other features. They will charge at values you can select. They have four charging ports that act independently of each other. Why continue to guess?

hi
I have that charger and it awesome no problems with it and also my nitecore

Rich:)