Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

Really, the only thing that bothers me about XPL is that we have better options available with hobby quality parts. Especially State side. I would rather spend my hard earned money with members that make up this community. Peng has to make money too, not a problem, but this forum promotes safety, quality, and ingenuity. Peng has no presence here. I am going to take the $100 host i got from XPL and name it The Miracle once i get it sorted out.

Last edited:

kaunak

The output on my XPL-311 150mW just dropped down to around 20-30mW max for no reason. It also warms up a little bit quicker than before. I tried different batteries, and I think the laser is damaged.

I don't think we needed any more confirmation that the lasers XPL sells are crap quality, but there it is. I'll be telling Peng about this and trying to get a refund.

Sta

Peng sent me an image of the new host today. It will have black anodizing once finished.

HTB1UTVgOXXXXXb_XXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

I think it looks quite nice, might even take the risk of buying one if Peng's tests look good.

Reactions: GSS
That's definitely not what I was expecting it to look like lol... very interesting looking none the less

Edit: Oh nvmd, I guess it looks like that, idk what I was thinking
HTB1CdqWNFXXXXanXVXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg

Last edited:

Sta

It's certainly interesting. Might even buy one if Peng's tests look good.
However, this is just the 500mW host; it's based directly on that design. The 1W+ hosts will be longer and will have a fan.

I still would be willing to give them another try on a 1.5w+ 532 unit, but not until their track record gets better. I personally don't see all the issues im having fixed with the new host, but the things they're adding/changing is definitely going in the right direction.

Reactions: GSS
Yeah that definitely looks better than the old host, and that in black would be very nice! Where's the fan located at?

Sta

Yeah that definitely looks better than the old host, and that in black would be very nice! Where's the fan located at?

Peng told me the fan would be outside the host! I had been under the impression that it would be inside. He'll have a drawing in a few hours.

Peng told me the fan would be outside the host! I had been under the impression that it would be inside. He'll have a drawing in a few hours.

You never know, it could be nice. I'll stay tuned for that cause now im very curious. I don't really know how much a fan will do on the exterior of the laser but maybe they know something I don't.

GSS

What's the news??
Have we all been had?!:thinking:
Or did he bite off way more than he can chew:whistle:

Last edited:
I was only ever interested in the RG:Y build and it didn't look like it was being updated or changed so I chose not to go any further. I don't want 532nm green. I want 510nm or 515nm or 520nm in that order. I might be asking for too much but maybe not.

I have been talking to him since last summer on and off. I broke my collar bone during mid Nov while I was planning to buy a RG:Y build and kept talking to him during my recovery every few days. In the beginning of Dec he sent me a 200mw version of the RG:Y as a get well/Christmas gift. Which I still haven't had the time to make a review on. Last week I asked how the 532nm was going along he said that he finished it, but has been too busy to put it up. I'll see if I can get him to put it up soon.

Edit: This is what the new host looks like http://imgur.com/a/pUYZJ

Last edited:
Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

Somebody on the forum bought XPL's RG a while ago, and he said the alignment was good but the divergence was different between the red and green. I don't know exactly who it was though.

Also, the red was in a more generic host (which means it's likely lower quality) while the RG/RB hosts are clearly unique. So I wouldn't worry about the alignment.

That would be me lol if you go to my profile, the picture is me with the laser's beams combined. Unfortunately i sent it to ABarnett for power metering & he stopped messaging me and never sent it back :( it's a shame cuz it was the closest I'll get to a yellow without spending hundreds! Farewell my cheap yellow lol