Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

XPL discussion - the mystery company

GSS

I have been talking to him since last summer on and off. I broke my collar bone during mid Nov while I was planning to buy a RG:Y build and kept talking to him during my recovery every few days. In the beginning of Dec he sent me a 200mw version of the RG:Y as a get well/Christmas gift. Which I still haven't had the time to make a review on. Last week I asked how the 532nm was going along he said that he finished it, but has been too busy to put it up. I'll see if I can get him to put it up soon.

Edit: This is what the new host looks like Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Too busy to save his reputation?:thinking:
On a quick note how is the 200mw version from first glance?

@laserdreads, did you try contacting his brother who kind of took over?

Last edited:

BillyBob

Mine is aligned quite well up to about 15 yards till it starts separating. There is a little bit too much green than red so it ends up looking in person like 568nm. My phone is terrible taking pictures of the beam/dot and just makes it looks way too yellow. The red has a rather large sized artifact. If anyone plans to buy one I would go for the 100mw it would most likely have a better ratio of red and green. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Razako

Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

That would be me lol if you go to my profile, the picture is me with the laser's beams combined. Unfortunately i sent it to ABarnett for power metering & he stopped messaging me and never sent it back :( it's a shame cuz it was the closest I'll get to a yellow without spending hundreds! Farewell my cheap yellow lol
Damn that sucks. Petty scammers are the worst,

BillyBob

I'm pretty sure ABarnett got in some trouble with the law and is in jail. Though his brother sorta took over for a little bit.

Too busy to save his reputation?:thinking:
On a quick note how is the 200mw version from first glance?

@laserdreads, did you try contacting his brother who kind of took over?
Yeah he was being cool, even told me he was gonna do a build for me cuz he had a host that i already paid Alex for. But then his bro got outta jail & now I'm back to square one.

I searched ebay for Barnettlasers4201 but could not find a seller under that ID.
Weird i just double checked & he showed up for me. Look up item number 262848863990. It's actually a WL nano i gave him a while ago lol at least he's not trying to sell my RG: Y

GSS

Yeah he was being cool, even told me he was gonna do a build for me cuz he had a host that i already paid Alex for. But then his bro got outta jail & now I'm back to square one.
I think he's "Smackitup" or something from New England now on the forum?

Last edited:

Alaskan

I see why now, if you use a capitol B in his member name, ebay won't find them for you when searching under seller names.

Alaskan

I see why now, if you use a capitol B in his member name, ebay won't find them for you when searching under seller names.
It's funny; i wonder if he's seeing me talk about him on here cuz he took a laser listing down. It was a 7 watt with a digital screen on the host that displayed temperature & output power for $500. Maybe he got worried that a million forum members would see that & ask him about it lol. I know i would have love to seen a build tutorial on that baby!

Alaskan

All it would take is a member to report his sale as illegal due to the power level and ebay might pull his listing. I never really bought into the "brother" story. Probably best not to mess with him though, it messes with all of us who want to buy higher power pointers.

Last edited:
It is his brother though?
I think... Though i can't be 100%. He responds to any message i send him though & he even told me to keep pestering ABarnett if i want any chance of a response. Who knows though some people have weirdness levels that know no boundaries hahaha