Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

diachi

There are also 2 people who purchasd the RG:Y lasers, I believe. I think they were also both satisfied.

I think that we're seeing a pattern; the 500mW 532nm and RG:Y units are solid, the >1W 532 and lower-power 532s may not be.

Looks like you saw that before I realized I'd typed 33.3333>% instead of 66.6666>% :crackup:. As I said, one of those nights :crackup:. Fixed it though. :D

I guess my thing that I have a problem with, is theres a 'blacklist' for new members, and almost every company on that list is on there because of the lying and untruthfulness of that companies claims and/or overcharging for their products, well what some feel is overcharging, obviously they wouldnt have customers period if everyone thought that way. IIRC there's a company that is ONLY on that list because the untruthful claims of output power. And I can almost bet my check that the satisfaction percentage of the majority of the companies on the LPF dont-buy-from list is up in the 90%+ but the forums feedback was different. From the real world feedback on THIS forum, XPL has closer to a 50% satisfaction rate. I don't personally count "I thinks" as holding air for sharing a random members account if they are satisfied or not.

Besides output on most their lasers (as they even recently sent out a 310/311 underspec 532 that leaked IR?), XPL also clearly LIES about their claims/specs, that is not a false statement, its been proven and confirmed, and they do overcharge on ALOT of items such as all the 405nm stuff they carry.

Let's be real- for the quality of MOST the lasers they are putting out; ask the majority of members and the consensus is that they are overcharging.

Going back through the threads, towards the end, all parties who were interested before, aren't anymore and the last couple of purchases turned to regret. And the vast majority of people who were on the fence, fell off the fence because of the terrible quality that XPL is sending out, as well some because the lasers specs don't match what's advertised.

Their prices are so low, but yet people are still complaining about the low quality. What does that tell you?

I'm trying to help other members/people by not purchasing something they will regret. Not trying to help a company profit off of selling lasers that don't match what they are advertised as. XPL lies about almost everything besides the output power and should be held accountable for it, not profit from it.

Sta

Cali, first off, the 405s are overpriced because they have inferior diode sources.
Otherwise, good points.
XPL needs to get their act together immediately. I am going to talk to Peng about the issues that people have had.
I've downgraded XPL from green to yellow on my guide, and added a temporary warning to avoid them until we have more information.

GSS

Cali, first off, the 405s are overpriced because they have inferior diode sources.
Otherwise, good points.
XPL needs to get their act together immediately. I am going to talk to Peng about the issues that people have had.
I've downgraded XPL from green to yellow on my guide, and added a temporary warning to avoid them until we have more information.
Why keep pushing them when there are plenty of other good company's out there.
Cause they are cheap in price? When this so called new host that comes "that all I been reading is just some more fancy hosts with some added focus, a side button and maby a saftey feature or two" then how much are they going to cost.
They simply treated us as "crash test dummy's" and if it wasn't for the unfortunate members that bought them I might off pulled the trigger. Now that so called customer service is gone or never was as no one is getting a refund.
Time to total black list as said but hey thats me.

Last edited:

Sta

GSS, XPL isn't an outright scam like the blacklisted companies.
Again, I will ask Peng to refund people who had problems.
This company has made some serious mistakes, but they still have some redeeming aspects like the RG:Y and RB:M lasers. No other company has those.
Unless the company goes to complete crap I will not blacklist them yet. But I still cannot and will not recommend them.

GSS

This company has made some serious mistakes, but they still have some redeeming aspects like the RG:Y and RB:M lasers. No other company has those.
Unless the company goes to complete crap I will not blacklist them yet. But I still cannot and will not recommend them.
Lets hope for the best:beer:

The fact that Peng cannot do these things on his own and has already DENIED his customers is mind blowing and so far theres only a few who would say they aren't a total scam.

No one knows the quality of their RG or RB units, but I think we can safely make a conclusion from the other lasers they sell. IIRC a person who purchased a RG:Y that I read about, mentioned that the alignment was not good and the 'yellow' is only yellow for a few feet of the beam.

Last edited:

Encap

Besides output on most their lasers (as they even recently sent out a 310/311 underspec 532 that leaked IR?), XPL also clearly LIES about their claims/specs, that is not a false statement, its been proven and confirmed, and they do overcharge on ALOT of items such as all the 405nm stuff they carry.

Let's be real- for the quality of MOST the lasers they are putting out; ask the majority of members and the consensus is that they are overcharging.

Going back through the threads, towards the end, all parties who were interested before, aren't anymore and the last couple of purchases turned to regret. And the vast majority of people who were on the fence, fell off the fence because of the terrible quality that XPL is sending out, as well some because the lasers specs don't match what's advertised.

Their prices are so low, but yet people are still complaining about the low quality. What does that tell you?

I'm trying to help other members/people by not purchasing something they will regret. Not trying to help a company profit off of selling lasers that don't match what they are advertised as. XPL lies about almost everything besides the output power and should be held accountable for it, not profit from it.

Very true and excellent points.

While happy to take everyone's money, so far XPL has yet to really deliver anything worth buying.
XPL appears to be just low cost low end not even very good toy quality product seems the consensus.

Given that is what they do + have found a market for same, it doesn't seem likely XPL will try to reinvent themselves to address markets other than that/markets they do not do any business in. Would require expensive product and market development efforts over a long period of time and with no guarantee of success, business or product wise.

The fact that Peng cannot do these things on his own and has already DENIED his customers is mind blowing and so far theres only a few who would say they aren't a total scam.

No one knows the quality of their RG or RB units, but I think we can safely make a conclusion from the other lasers they sell. IIRC a person who purchased a RG:Y that I read about, mentioned that the alignment was not good and the 'yellow' is only yellow for a few feet of the beam.

Exactly--excellent point. Clear thinking.

Last edited:
I have just received my 500mAh laser. Unfortunately, I am a complete amateur when it comes to laser so I can't tell if there is anything wrong with the beam pattern. The thing I do know is that the tail-cap power switch is very faulty and can actually be very dangerous.

When turning it on it sometimes doesn't make a good connection so the laser will start off at extremely lower level, or not turn on at all. Tapping the cap or cycling it off and on fixes it. A dangerous situation can occur is the switch is toggled on but you are under the impression that it is off. A bump can turn on the laser at anytime then without your input.

Besides the bad switch, I must say that I've never seen such a bright beam in real life. Definitely a few times brighter than my Nova Laser x125 which was expected. I'm no fan of the wait time so I'll no longer make anymore purchases unless it's from within the USA.

diachi

I have just received my 500mAh laser. Unfortunately, I am a complete amateur when it comes to laser so I can't tell if there is anything wrong with the beam pattern. The thing I do know is that the tail-cap power switch is very faulty and can actually be very dangerous.

When turning it on it sometimes doesn't make a good connection so the laser will start off at extremely lower level, or not turn on at all. Tapping the cap or cycling it off and on fixes it. A dangerous situation can occur is the switch is toggled on but you are under the impression that it is off. A bump can turn on the laser at anytime then without your input.

Besides the bad switch, I must say that I've never seen such a bright beam in real life. Definitely a few times brighter than my Nova Laser x125 which was expected. I'm no fan of the wait time so I'll no longer make anymore purchases unless it's from within the USA.

mW, not mAh, completely different things...

Anyway - yes, seems another person is having switch/electrical contact issues. Does the beam remain bright for the entire time you use it? I.e if you have it on for 1-2 minutes is the beam as bright as it was at the start?

Really we need more power meter readings for these... With graphs, not just a static picture of a number on a display, that tells us very little.

You severely limit your options if you'll only order from the US. There are companies outside the US that can still get products to you quickly.

Last edited:
mW, not mAh, completely different things...

Anyway - yes, seems another person is having switch/electrical contact issues. Does the beam remain bright for the entire time you use it? I.e if you have it on for 1-2 minutes is the beam as bright as it was at the start?

Really we need more power meter readings for these... With graphs, not just a static picture of a number on a display, that tells us very little.

You severely limit your options if you'll only order from the US. There are companies outside the US that can still get products to you quickly.

Sorry about that, the milliamp hour vs milliwatt thing was a mistype. I'll probably test out the brightness stability tonight.

The battery slot on the laser only allows an unprotected 18650 battery to fit. Even then, it is a tight fit. Apparently the positive side of my batteries are thinner than the negative as the battery will only go in one way. My Orbtronic batteries are completely useless for this laser. They are way too fat.

Sta

Sorry about that, the milliamp hour vs milliwatt thing was a mistype. I'll probably test out the brightness stability tonight.

The battery slot on the laser only allows an unprotected 18650 battery to fit. Even then, it is a tight fit. Apparently the positive side of my batteries are thinner than the negative as the battery will only go in one way. My Orbtronic batteries are completely useless for this laser. They are way too fat.

I am pretty sure that the 500mW 532 hosts are actually rejects from CNI. I found the same host on the alibaba of some random CNI dealer.

This would be consistent with CNI - typically they leave little or no margin of error with regard to battery width.
But I don't think the G500's back switch is defective, it is actually just a forward clicky. Typically we are used to reverse clicky, which is safer but less versatile. Forward clicky allows for both momentary and toggling operation, whereas reverse clicky does not.

My saber build also uses a forward clicky.

It is best to use flat-top batteries with the G500, as a button-top may shift away from the contact point. This may be causing your connection problems.

Encap

Just return it for full refund--is not what you bargained for-- unless you don't care.

Nobody should have to accept second quality, reject quality, and/or defective nor dangerous
product for hard earned money spent and trust in XPL.

Bottom line:
By letting XPL get away with what they have been doing, everyone is telling them they are right in their contemp for the customer and product they deliver.
Why should Peng believe in anything other than "if you are stupid enough to buy product from XPL, you deserve what you get --after all look at price paid" He operates successfuly in the "gray area" shadows of commerice and makes a lot of money doing a poor job and delivering poor quality product?

I would guess XPL counts on that most people will not bother to return anything for repair, replacement, or refund. and just take the hit.

Last edited:

94Z28

I would advise you guys to forget the 15% discount and go through Ali baba then you will have a platform to get refund if any issues arrive. I tried a few times to get hosts from peng but he never sent the invoice..

Maybe I'll buy a 532 and use module if anything g fails. I think I could beam expand it lol.

I am pretty sure that the 500mW 532 hosts are actually rejects from CNI. I found the same host on the alibaba of some random CNI dealer.

This would be consistent with CNI - typically they leave little or no margin of error with regard to battery width.
But I don't think the G500's back switch is defective, it is actually just a forward clicky. Typically we are used to reverse clicky, which is safer but less versatile. Forward clicky allows for both momentary and toggling operation, whereas reverse clicky does not.

My saber build also uses a forward clicky.

It is best to use flat-top batteries with the G500, as a button-top may shift away from the contact point. This may be causing your connection problems.

The problem is not the battery but the switch. Ran a multimeter to the tail cap and it is a defective switch and not a bad battery connection.

I'll look into getting a refund. I can live with the ridiculous battery tolerance but not a bad switch.

What a pain in the ass

Sta

The problem is not the battery but the switch. Ran a multimeter to the tail cap and it is a defective switch and not a bad battery connection.

I'll look into getting a refund. I can live with the ridiculous battery tolerance but not a bad switch.

What a pain in the ass

This is the last straw, I think. I am going to change XPL to a red company (in my guide) until they show some serious improvement.