Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

How long did it take for your orders to get shipped? 10 days later and it it still processing? It's about to get auto-cancelled in a little under 3 days from now.

Does a laser really need 10+ days to test and process?

Last edited:

Sta

How long did it take for your orders to get shipped? 10 days later and it it still processing? It's about to get auto-cancelled in a little under 3 days from now.

Pretty sure mine took a bit more than a week to process, then shipping took 4 days. However I used DHL shipping (much faster) so that might be a factor.

It definitely seems like it's a long time, but when talking about companies selling high powered lasers I think it's pretty normal.. unless your buying a cheap mass produced 301/303 then more than likely the seller won't have all of their advertised products on hand and will need time to process not only other orders (as your not their only client) but as well build, test and ship your product to you.

XPL was about the same wait time before my order was shipped. Sanwu is about the same, about week from the time you order, it should ship. Hell some companies make people wait weeks and months before shipping them their lasers.

Did you happen to pick DHL shipping? Little more expensive but literally (3) days from the time it left XPL I had it in my box, so around 13 days start to finish.

It definitely seems like it's a long time, but when talking about companies selling high powered lasers I think it's pretty normal.. unless your buying a cheap mass produced 301/303 then more than likely the seller won't have all of their advertised products on hand and will need time to process not only other orders (as your not their only client) but as well build, test and ship your product to you.

XPL was about the same wait time before my order was shipped. Sanwu is about the same, about week from the time you order, it should ship. Hell some companies make people wait weeks and months before shipping them their lasers.

Did you happen to pick DHL shipping? Little more expensive but literally (3) days from the time it left XPL I had it in my box, so around 13 days start to finish.

The one I ordered was their XPL-H532G500 532nm 500mw laser

The DHL option costed over $60 so I went with the normal shipping. I'm guessing that it will come close to the two week timer that aliexpress automatically gives sellers to ship orders.

diachi

The IR diodes they use have a low specific voltage, so it is more efficient to use cells that are closer in voltage. It still works just fine with 3.7V batteries, but the duty cycle will be shortened by just a hair.

Couldn't they use a switching buck driver - like many of us do in our DIY builds? Sounds like they're using a linear driver if they require the input voltage to be close to the output voltage.

That host is taking a long time, hope it's worth the wait! :D

Last edited:

Sta

The one I ordered was their XPL-H532G500 532nm 500mw laser

The DHL option costed over $60 so I went with the normal shipping. I'm guessing that it will come close to the two week timer that aliexpress automatically gives sellers to ship orders.

If you contact Peng beforehand you can actually get DHL for much cheaper (about $7 more than the standard shipping.)

ztLL1IR.jpg
[/IMG]

aBXfSe6.jpg
[/IMG]

I need to have the small collar drilled out to 12mm or even more and have a copper bushing made and pressed in with an ID of 12mm. Im going to Frankenstein this thing. Im going to make this laser great again.

Do you think the RG:Y hosts will be updated and different as well? It seems in the videos that they are pretty different from the other hosts. Just wondering if these hosts will see changes along with the other hosts as well.

Sta

Do you think the RG:Y hosts will be updated and different as well? It seems in the videos that they are pretty different from the other hosts. Just wondering if these hosts will see changes along with the other hosts as well.

Nope, the beam combining hosts aren't changing. The only ones that are being upgraded are the 500mW+ 532nm hosts. :beer:

Ahhhh somehow in watching these threads for a few months I've missed that detail. I've been eyeing the RG:Y and 635s. Didn't realize I was waiting for changes that wouldn't affect those guys. Thanks a bunch!

GSS

I got the XPL 301 150mw 532nm and its my new favorite laser. I like it very much, more than my 150mw optotronics. When i turn it on, at start it mode hops. But it stops hopping when it gets little warmer and then it's stable. It has some splash around the dot but it doesn't bother me. Good divergence also. 1 mrad.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611174810.html

Cheap.
Iv'e been curious for a while and wondering what this 301 is all about.
Just a 301 host source with different internal's, or a way over spec unit?
They aren't the best or easiest to take apart and mod.

Ok I was not aware the RG:Y hosts were not changing either... Does anyone other than LaserDreads have one that can post a video? I sent him a PM but got no reply. I've conceded that I am not going to send XPL my diodes but I do want a relatively low powered one. I'd be happy to pay a lowered price and put up video review in exchange. wanna work that out for me Sta? :)

Any word on them being able to supply diodes that are a closer match?

Koff

GSS

Last edited:

Sta

Ok I was not aware the RG:Y hosts were not changing either... Does anyone other than LaserDreads have one that can post a video? I sent him a PM but got no reply. I've conceded that I am not going to send XPL my diodes but I do want a relatively low powered one. I'd be happy to pay a lowered price and put up video review in exchange. wanna work that out for me Sta? :)

Any word on them being able to supply diodes that are a closer match?
They can't supply diodes as they don't have 520nm.
But I can get you a low power RG:Y.
PM your address and your PayPal and I'll arrange it. You'll have to send around $90 to XPL's PayPal address, he can send you a 20mW RG:Y. :beer:

kaunak

Yea it has different laser module.
This: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32603...0063500-02213-2u6jmaU&aff_platform=y#autostay
It has IR filter too so it's real 150mw 532nm

Do you happen to know if all XPL-532 lasers have an IR filter installed? I bought a 311. I didn't go with the 301 because I've found all 301-303s to have a severe power drop when warmed up slightly, even my Sanwu 303. I have no experience with XPL 301s though, so maybe they're completely different.