Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

Count me in for a RG:Y with no accessories.

If you have the ability to contact then, can you ask if they are able to lower the power below 100mw? I would be happy with it either way, but I would prefer a 20mw max.

Last edited:

Sta

If you have the ability to contact then, can you ask if they are able to lower the power below 100mw? I would be happy with it either way, but I would prefer a 20mw max.

Just asked them.

Sta

Hey Trendkilla, sorry for the double post; they responded saying they can make a 20mW RG laser. The price thereof is $60 plus shipping.

Rivem

Hey Trendkilla, sorry for the double post; they responded saying they can make a 20mW RG laser. The price thereof is $60 plus shipping.

That's another awesome deal.

Any updates on the LPM video? Will they do it?

Sta

That's another awesome deal.

Any updates on the LPM video? Will they do it?

Yesterday, they told me that all of the >1W lasers are disassembled right now in preparation for the new hosts. They told me they could get me the test video in 3 days.

I'm curious as to:
-What's the duty cycle on the 500mW and the 1.5W lasers.
-Is 1.5W the peak power or the average over the duty cycle?
-What's the pump power of the 1.5W laser.
-How much for the 1.5W laser without charger/batts.

Last edited:

Sta

@Atomicrox: Just asked them.

What happened to the price on the RGs? It was so low just a little while ago! I would have gotten in earlier.

The prices are significantly higher because of all of the accessories included: box, goggles, charger, batteries. If you take all of those out, the prices are:

RG 20mW $60
RG 100mW $90
RG 200mW $150
RG 300mW $240

RB 100mW $129
RB 200mW $180
RB 300mW $225
RB 400mW $269
RB 500mW $360

Eracoy

If they do in fact allow taking off of accessories for a lower price, I'd definitely want to snag some of that RG action. Does anyone know why they have the ad for the RG200 on the RG100 page as well?

Sta

Atomic, they've answered:
500mW duty cycle is 2 minutes on / 1 minute off; 1.5W is 1 minute on / 1 minute off.
Peak/average question will be answered with the test video in 2 days.
Pump power is 6W.
You can subtract $50 without batteries/charger. HOWEVER - they are using special 1.2V 18650-size batteries. Normal 3.7V 18650s will DESTROY it. This webpage has some. NiMH Rechargeable Cell: 4/3AF Size 1.2V 4500 mAh (1PC) - RoHS Compliant

Last edited:

Eracoy

I'm also interested in these low-power 532s. It seems there are plenty of options. For the price, I don't see any down side if you're looking for a low end or a low power green. Plus, they come in colors!

Last edited:

Sta

I'm also interested in these low-power 532s. It seems there are plenty of options. For the price, I don't see any down side if you're looking for a low end or a low power green. Plus, they come in colors!

Yeah, it's unusual to see 303s that are actually 5mW. Looks like they definitely aren't the junky mass-produced 301/303s that you see everywhere.

Atomic, they've answered:
500mW duty cycle is 2 minutes on / 1 minute off; 1.5W is 1 minute on / 1 minute off.
Peak/average question will be answered with the test video in 2 days.
Pump power is 6W.
You can subtract $50 without batteries/charger. HOWEVER - they are using special 1.2V 18650-size batteries. Normal 3.7V 18650s will DESTROY it. This webpage has some. NiMH Rechargeable Cell: 4/3AF Size 1.2V 4500 mAh (1PC) - RoHS Compliant

Sounds good, but it's a pity about the unusual batts. Buying lasers with batts and charger tends to increase the customs risk considerably.

Sta

Sounds good, but it's a pity about the unusual batts. Buying lasers with batts and charger tends to increase the customs risk considerably.

That's why I posted that link. It has the same type of battery for much cheaper and from the US.

Rivem

That's why I posted that link. It has the same type of battery for much cheaper and from the US.

I think if the GB comes through, we've all got to agree that there will be no batteries in the shipment. The one that accepts should have the necessary batteries on hand to test, but everybody should order them on their own.

I'd imagine a customs loss of a bunch of high power lasers like this would be massive. It might flag the shipper and give no chances of a reshipment.

Sta

I think if the GB comes through, we've all got to agree that there will be no batteries in the shipment. The one that accepts should have the necessary batteries on hand to test, but everybody should order them on their own.

I'd imagine a customs loss of a bunch of high power lasers like this would be massive. It might flag the shipper and give no chances of a reshipment.
Agreed. Of course, it is already standard practice, so it should not be too hard to tell them "no batteries!".

hey trendkilla, sorry for the double post; they responded saying they can make a 20mw rg laser. The price thereof is $60 plus shipping.

shut up and take my money!!!!!!! LOL :) :drool:
This friday! Like tomorrow!

Last edited: