Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XCUBES & XKUBES Prisms , optics, crystal balls and new member

HOPE you are NOT about to read this new thread on a tiny cell phone screen-- pics and link- and its long.
also any help keeping it near the top is greatly appreciated..
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(as in XCUBE)

Is ANYONE reading my posts about new ebayer 'Alan' aka blab1391(at EEKBAY)
I can understand my first two wins.. myb but the time was up on the second item-I had to bid..

Not that many were interested to act quickly--OPtics are, after all, not items that every LPF members use, seek, whatever..

So I put links out there--no excuses for everybody ignoring me.N/P
I do not know what else I can do.. Alan is a delightful person.. polite- helpful and w/ pretty good English. All I can think is that fate brought us ALL together.. It seems like optics.. XCubes specifically.. where meant to be somehow something I wanted-needed AT. and was willing to put time into all this--
Started with thinking about dual 44s and read that the high powers of these blue diodes meant any optics involved HAD to be able to withstand that 'kind' of power.. I was then reminded that I had two such PBS cubes already in my possession even tho 5 years had passed and NOW these cubes from 5 years ago would be needed...

AFAIK-- we had no clue that 7W diodes would some day be a reality.. I/we were lucky as the seller from 5 years ago had some leftover from that GB..AND was willing to part w/ a few-and I knew others were working on Dual 44 projects. So a chance to help others and myself- (sold out btw)
They were already wanted so selling then was very easy.
I had cubes on the brain.. did lots of reading ( I am sooo behind on optics)
did a search w/ cheapest/lowest shipping and SHAZAM!! the top listing was an 18X 18x18 with open bid start of one cent(wow the guy is SO new lol)
RGB 'X-cube' with zero bids --auctions for these is extremely rare- most are BIN/ w/ or w/o make offer and few with free ship.. so naturally I went to see what else this new seller had FS..These cubes were ATM the only listings they had.. brand new sellers..
I won their second auction w/o ANY competitors.. thus-- ONE CENT THEN SIX--wow
I did not expect to actually get it... the first one....passed experience in such wins, for me, nearly always ended up with me getting a refund- or empty box OR 'out of stock' most ANYTHING except getting the item ..AND .. being partly an a55hole-- I responded somewhat rudely to the instant messg from Alan THANKING me.. I just had to ask Alan about this and short version--his father had told him to treat ALL regardless of any profit with respect..

wow== that is rare. MY defective cube (title had 'Very Slight') was on the way--TRACKING number sent same day as the 'win'-- rare also.
What?== my first feeling was that Alan, being new, meant very slight defects--which was wrong-- Alan lives in Henan near Beijing and is where a big majority of most optics are made... Alan 'I think all defective cubes on eekbay are from here. I can get many sizes and grades)--ahaaa.. Very slight(hence forth to be called/designated as V.S.) is a grade and no typo... duh! on me!

THe one cent cube arrived faster than any other buy from there EVER!
triple boxed... and to my great surprise ALAN SENT ME THE FINEST DEFECTIVE CUBE ..ever.

I would have called it 'near-perfect' .. I put something about this at LPF.. Alan had already listed cube #2.. PUT more info out.. I truly wanted one of my MANY friends to win- BUT also wanted to open for Alan--used ebay (not my beloved Auction Sniper) max bidding - IIRC 99 cents.. BUT once again nobody else must have wanted one.. endened with a high bid of six cents. That V.S. cube will be here in just afew more days-- I will then do some crude tests ... lots of pics.. and w/ two X-cubes from Alan and see if there is a big diff.. I have 5 or 6 other cubes to also test at the same time..
Alan asked ME 'what else can I list for you and LPF?? wow what a nice person Alan is..

I quickly replied YES YES!! more Xcubes in more sizes and grades of defect- 'lot' listing of 5 or 10 pcs as well as combos of 5 sizes/pieces AND listing of cubes less than V.S. --I mean so cheap-- we will use them as gifts for our buyers and friends ..and have great times w/ the better grades.. I mention that aside from CUBES other optics are in demand-I mentioned 'PRISM PAIRS' (?)
and a few others (keep in mind that I am pretty much in the dark when it comes to most optics) the very NEXT day --alan has gone to the optics store-- got some prisms and also listed them at auction--one cent to OPEN.. AND I put that out here TOO> about them ALAN'S lady and ebay partner list about 65 items NOT related at ALL>
so scroll past them
first is
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Optical-Glass-Triple-Triangular-Pillar-Prism-Physics-Teaching-Light-Spectrum-8CM/323420665212?hash=item4b4d5fb57c:g:D5IAAOSwyUtbhlaV
bidding is at $2
JUST A QUICK HEADS-UP
the comments from buyers that Alan has added are NOT buyerts from him.
below where you read 'Most relevant reviews'' may not pertain to the optics up for bids.

wow at the same time I am composing .. Alan lists another prism and no worry m8s I am not bidding --Alan has including one for free in the box coming as well as a 'paul' prism--
^^^ another new listing today--great gift idea IMO

Got two prisms already won and in transit its coming soon--where were the other bidders from LPF?? wth? you are making me look like I have NOT 'spread the word' on these.!!
copied & a few pics are posted below
please chime in on uses of each optic.
Send Alan info on stuff you want and do not be surprized w/ his responses.
  pics below:beer::beer:

Last edited:

Thanks, Len. I bid on two prisms. One was a Paul prism. The other is a K9 Roof prism. I call dibs on both of them. My current bid on both are $0.01. :thanks:

could not be more happy for you.. fitting-- found a swell Optics store on-line and learned way more just reading there--Sun Optics..
info on PBS and X-cubes
here is Paul prism (named after some optics guy afaik)\

I Clicked on "catalog'' gave up will try again.
(Alan is reading up there right now do NOT count on me to get what exactly anyone wants-- tell/send link/etc to Alan by PM=later.
http://www.sun-optics.com/Paul%20Prism.html
he found a place willing to make custom optics. and while YEAH we use some-- unless you want to re-sell them etc. not sure our 'market share' is anything to brag on EVEN if you add the optics used at P L...

link coming to share w/ Alans FBook- pretty good way to get with him..
he can send you an invite.. would there be one of the below we are sure may be needed.
http://www.sun-optics.com/Achromat%20Lens.html
the specs on this stuff (for me) is overwhelming..last guy to suggest that Alan buy anything right now..a LINK to what you have already used/ordered.. would be 'in order' all info can be found starting there.

Attachments

• s-l225  ALAN PRISM.jpg
    s-l225 ALAN PRISM.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l225  Alans 30x 60 LOUPE.jpg
    s-l225 Alans 30x 60 LOUPE.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 10
  • s-l225 ANOTHER ALAN PRISM.jpg
    s-l225 ANOTHER ALAN PRISM.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
THIS POST RESERVED.
Pics
more specs
and back-up dibbs list

Dibbs placed by Paul on two prisms .9/3/2018

On the RGV trio-- ATM we do not know much about these actual penpointers- Alan has no meter=anyhoo I placed a bid (IIRC 4.99??? & won) I will soon post the powers of each- I am still trying to get used to members NOT wanting overspec.. so hold on Or bid OR to get it asap-go to Alan BIN listings for most of these item and TBH he has priced them a tad low-- good deals.$4.49 for the RGB X-cube free$hip

Attachments

• s-l225--ROOF PRISM.jpg
    s-l225--ROOF PRISM.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l400 kingkube.jpg
    s-l400 kingkube.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l225 ANOTHER ALAN PRISM.jpg
    s-l225 ANOTHER ALAN PRISM.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l225 10x01x10 mirrored prism.jpg
    s-l225 10x01x10 mirrored prism.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l225 alan RGV trio AT AUCTION.jpg
    s-l225 alan RGV trio AT AUCTION.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have some 4 way cubes from RGB DLP engines that work well to combine RGB beams made from 4 prisms bonded into a cube, I sometimes get surplus optics here among other places, just scroll down and click OPTICS : Electronic Goldmine

Thanks for the link, Robert. And thanks for the link to those two prisms, Len. I don't have a roof prism, which is used in binoculars to flip an image as well in other optical systems that need to reverse an image. I don't use a sniper, so I put a maximum bid on both, but I hope to get them cheap.

Holding out on us,huh?
J/K Robert.. ty for the link.. ( after all this thread is not owned by me (or accu lol)) another..
been around forever, is fred's surplusshed.. much of Fred prices are low for not knowing the value of some- I have gotten lots there and used all with much happiness-the SS vip membership-huge discount on all shipping- newsletter.. gotten by the year and I have not re-upped for A FEW. SRY FRED (he mentioned LPF and me on AC 1/3rd rpm motors. listings .& oh don't go looking-- I eventually bought all he had.. )
can you imagine walking into their store?? omg

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Hmmm, wonder if he can find any anamorphic prisms.

I've seen some links lately to anamorphic prisms. Some quite inexpensive. What wavelength diode are you trying to correct the beam specs of? I believe the last one I saw was for 445nm.

Hmmm, wonder if he can find any anamorphic prisms.

Alan I working on that. If you have link to exactly your need--he will search for you OR he has found guy who makes optics..needs only specs. but we are not enough to buy 50 100 pcs and low amounts are usually higher. we do not know that yet..
It took 18months (in 2013 and 2014)from feeler to all delivered at a 445 cube PBS 100-pc GB.. at least--may have set a record...
he still has few--I saved 5.. and have 44s ready to go..AixiZ now has cube/dichro brass mounts --you may need to contact Chuck on those-last I looked Chuck still has not added them to HIS store..myb AixiZ at Scamazon or geekbay. window shop there --buy at aixiz.com aixiz.org I got a few to review--good time to do that--gots cubes on the brain.
ps Paul called dibbs on two of Alan's prisms-- who else wants to bid on something.. he has many- they don't spoil.. even Alan's BINs are a good deal.. $4.49 for the RGB X-kube.. free$hipping..

I'm watching for more things - also thinking what would be good 'requests'. Staying away from Paul's stuff :) Hope the low bids hold out :)

So far, so good. I will know on Friday. I think both are over around 7:40 P.M., PDT.

Last edited:

kecked

so what wavelength are these xcubes good for combining? 638/520/460 ? that would be nice. easy alignment. Do they hold polarization so you can do two sets and pbs the result?

I won both auctions for the two prisms I bid on. The total for the two was $2.88, which if they are in good shape seems like a great deal to me. Hopefully they won't take longer than the usual 15 days to get to me from China. My maximum bid on each one was $3.00 and I got the roof prism for $0.64. :yh:

good to hear.. BUT ebay is messing w/ us. Temp setback.. any purchased items will be sent. don't know how ebay expects to keep everyone away from one another-- hello ebay-- ever hear of facebook-twitter- instagram-- people don't have to try hard to 'make friends' . Making a call in the AM- need to speak to a live body-- there is no place to click for this crap.. everything done has bettered all including ebay.. myb I need to cut out the jokes -feeba flea- eek-etc..
got a dozen 'Bay' names.. I wrote (I think--(myb it wont get read) 'I have no need to go around ebay.. I won auctions for one cent and another for 6 cents'.. (win win win)

they should be thanking me ... now that aAlan has listed, aside from the penpointers a blue engaver 500mW..lab (fanless) like 36$ but no safety info - no 'disclaimers' Alan listed those before I knew-- or these 'edits' would take less time.. I had him pull all th eyeware lsitings. wrong wavelengths and the common dumb mistake-- use the words Red Glasses for ? lasers now? red ?? invites confusion to 'ever' describe laser glasses using the actual color of the lens-- myb not for us but others.. bad practice,//
I asked him when I brought up eyeware to NOT go for the lowest prices.. eyes are worth more... atm and afaik the ones he found have nothing on the frames.. mby 'made in china'
I ahte to keep adding to the shopping list while this ebay crap gets sorted BUT-- didjaknow there are 50K + listings for crystal balls and the sellers use the word "HUGE" regardless of size.
Prices start at 99 cents w?F$ but its a fricken clear marble! 20 mm. still usable for photogs. but same listing if you click the drop down for 80 mm its $34 and F$.. 4,800 auctions- many F$.
just keep bidding- perhaps they make these when Alan lives.. I would like very much to have a set w/ one (at least) of each size.. not the ACTUAL HUGEST w/ iirc was like $700/? but 100mm

of that 50K lisings there was a lot of balls not like we want.. round stones.. polished stuff. quartz magical balls- all HUGE..nice but me want clear glass balls!

any feedback- suggestions etc --pm me ..

TY for your time.hk