Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

xbox 360 into a burning laser

scion

I want to convert my xbox 360 (which im tired of repairing) into a burning laser.

I want to make a lab style laser. I also have old computer parts and such, any suggestions, tutorials, or methods of doing this...?

I have built a few flashlight style lasers but no lab style lasers.

Im gonna need a whole run down of power supply, diode specs that might be in this xbox and a heatsink suggestion.

udanis

I want to convert my xbox 360 (which im tired of repairing) into a burning laser.

I want to make a lab style laser. I also have old computer parts and such, any suggestions, tutorials, or methods of doing this...?

I have built a few flashlight style lasers but no lab style lasers.

Im gonna need a whole run down of power supply, diode specs that might be in this xbox and a heatsink suggestion.

You can't. You need the old external HD-DVD drive.

Well you can but it will be like 5mw 650nm/ir

scion

oh, psh, forget that then lol.. rather spend few bucks for a diode lol.. i had a module sittin around i wanted to make use of lol

It didn't even strike me that you were talking about the diode inside, I thought you meant to use the 360 as a host.

You can use this self-reflow technique to try and fix the processor. It's funny how the heat of that processor is hot enough to melt its solder, but it doesn't actually result in catastrophic damage to the processor itself.

It'd probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a PHR-803T from one of the GB/sales in the BST/GB sections. They don't even make HD-DVD drives for the Xbox360 anymore, so those diodes are about the only source of them now.

Ezcal

It didn't even strike me that you were talking about the diode inside, I thought you meant to use the 360 as a host.

I am intrigued by this idea... If the video Badger posted doesn't let me fix my 360, I may try my hand at this.