Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS: Laserbee 2.5W

Re: WTS: Laserbee 2.5W (need repair)

Interested, but the international shipping is a killer, Is there any way to cut that down by using a different shipping method?

I can do 25 usd for worldwide but thats not insuered and has no tracking code...

Today i received the laserbee from borgqueenx.

I thermally glued the TEC onto the heatsink and did some testing. I tested it with an 445 arctic i have which is really stable. It has a test output of :

testoutputonophir_zpsabbc5252.jpg

This was measured on my ophir 20C lpm. As you can see the output is rock solid and only fluctuates 1-2mW every few minutes..

The i metered the same arctic on the TEC laserbee. This was the outcome:

repairedoldcalibrationlaserbee_zps4c7804bc.jpg

It have a difference with the ophir of 5mW. I think this is not too bad. This means it should be not that much bigger of a difference at higher powers. 5mW is nothing at that power..

If you do lower readings the diffence becomes smaller then 5mW. I really wanted to calibrate the DL-1 module inside the laserbee USB. But the darn laserbee programm keeps on crashing while i wanted to put it in calibration mode (not my pc).. Really annoying i had no problems doing this on a DL-2 module.

Anyway let me know what you guys think!

Btw the 650 laser borgqueenx sent me with the package did 390mW on the TEC laserbee. I could not measure it exactly on the ophir setup because it was so unstable on high mode i could not see what it actually is :p Just goes to show that an ophir's response time reveales the true laser.

greetings,,

EDIT: Let me know if you are happy. If so i wil ship it back after you sent the payment for shipping. 6.75€

Last edited:

Hot the tail button for 2 times slightly and the red pointed will go full power:)
It also has kinda annoying strobe modes but also 3 brightness levels.
Thanks very much:)

lol i feel so stupid now. I actually did not see the strobe. :tinfoil:

Trevor

Good to see it's fixed! :)

Trevor

Thanks a ton offroadfreak:)
Its still for sale, i just ask a bit more money now.

Sure! good as new :beer: The new owner will get a very nice starter LPM. I shipped it back today!

greetings,,

Glad to hear that its fixed but the timing sucks man. IS just released a 3.7W TEC LPM for under $100 shipped CONUS. Hopefully someone international needs a LPM. Good luck with the sale and good work ORF

Glad to hear that its fixed but the timing sucks man. IS just released a 3.7W TEC LPM for under $100 shipped CONUS. Hopefully someone international needs a LPM. Good luck with the sale and good work ORF

Yes i noticed...
Timing indeed sucks. I would also ask 100usd shipped to europe. That makes it about 40 usd cheaper for europian people.

can't believe this hasn't sold yet. would it be difficult to add a display to one of these? this model was my very first lpm.

Tmack

That radiant is responsible. I sold my lasebee for half of what I paid for it. And I got a great deal from a member.
:(