Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: USB spectrometer

Sta

Hello folks!
Many of you know that my 589nm DL Spartan has been acting strangely - it's been putting out at least 5 different lines depending on temperature.
In order to solve this mystery I need a spectrometer, preferably one that is calibrated and able to be connected by USB. I will consider any offers; however, it would be best if the asking price is <$300. Thanks in advance!

Since you don't currently have a spectrometer why don't you try making one? StyroPyro did a video on this. Been following your posts. Looking forward to seeing the results :D

Last edited:

Sta

Re: GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Since you don't currently have a spectrometer why don't you try making one? StyroPyro did a video on this. Been following your posts. Looking forward to seeing the results :D

I'd love to do that, but it's not precise enough, nor can it be done in a short span of time. Remember, my 589 changes wavelength very readily and without warning.

Those are ok. They're not amazing. Anything that's within a good accuracy that he wants will likely be at least 500+ minimum. Spectrum analyzers are usually several thousand dollars new. And they hold their value. Plus then you need fiber and programs. Realistically if he wants to spectrometer something as a one time deal it would be easier to send his laser to someone who has one that is reputable. 7 bucks lol

Last edited:
Hi,
try BMI surplus i been looking for a while also. But a Lathe is coming first ..

Rich:)