Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB nubm05t diode

I KNEW I should have stocked up on NUBM06s.. damn

Well, if anyone is interested in the NUBM05Ts, I have quite a few of them. About 15 of them left that have been cold extracted, very cleanly, with the lens/CAN removed and 10 extracted with lens & CAN still intact. I also have the two empty NUBM05 blocks that these were extracted from.

Also available are Nichia NDB7875s, one more Nichia NUGM01T (1W Green capable of 1.4W+), one more Nichia NUBM07E, and Osram PLTB450Bs.

PM me for pricing (I'm pretty sure you will not find better prices anywhere).

Here are some pics of the NUBM05Ts (If images don't load, right click and open image in new tab or copy address):

20160404_072626.jpg

20160404_072822.jpg

20160404_072938.jpg

20160404_072957.jpg

20160404_073311.jpg

20160404_073410.jpg

20160404_073420.jpg

20160404_073439_010_01.jpg

20160404_073505_002.jpg

As soon as most of these NUBM05Ts are gone I'm going to bring in as many NUBM08Es as I can get my hands on, along with more NUBM05Ts and NUBM06s.

**I've no idea why the images aren't showing, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Or is it just because it's an https? Or cuz Drop Box?

This is what I have entered for the images, with spacing in the IMG commands to prevent the code from being used:

[ IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/drzzay25b9dcwzj/20160404_072626.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[ IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r1p0txj9jinggw/20160404_072822.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[ IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wgz7vfxy8zlhx2/20160404_072938.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[IMG ]https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwkeaknkmmu44rk/20160404_072957.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[IMG ]https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhcdvfhg85zjva0/20160404_073311.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[IMG ]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihcvd2b4lmz3v9w/20160404_073410.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[IMG ]https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qt6lw5ivvcooc8/20160404_073420.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[ IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngql4vmlcj56729/20160404_073439_010_01.jpg?dl=0[/IMG ]

[ IMG ]https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6pj4den7bosqv1/20160404_073505_002.jpg?dl=0[ / IMG]

Last edited:

Are you looking to buy, as the title suggests, or have you just opened a FS thread?

Red wanted some of these 05Ts, so I ordered some, along with some extras for others here on the forum.. but by the time I got em in word had hit about the new 08E and now I'm left with my wanger in my mitt..

I will start a FS thread for lots of stuff, just as soon as I get to 20 posts.

Your pics don't work.

Do you have any whole blocks?

I really want 08e and 06 at a minimum, but if 05t blocks are priced to sell I could be interested.

Your pics don't work.

Do you have any whole blocks?

I really want 08e and 06 at a minimum, but if 05t blocks are priced to sell I could be interested.

YpCpDQV3wS-vGluvHok7Ks-GONj607k1o0aC-DJicA0

m41P1F2sXsNEU8cdgQkiYgqycehDP73hx5z5METktTM

dlT0h2fVJIlhyf0Y_yb3fABFwpED4Y_wvHjDxjpJxwg

JZkJXAubMTP6BspM3jxief1N7udLAXSZ3bnD_z7_5D4

M19Wk1t6OTIRE5MqTD4uggeMS2IoLX7L36H1XxO-Meo

xis4ldeFePJbKdu6ZeIO99sJOWuRdtyOqZf4yxtyJrc

_lp5X8OSYAUBLEgvR3ipi1IlMuFB-y7QkOlRy6vpQBU

xm5tWqEvf34fB57Utw61ZW-y8IuD13P-UxyHPNhqd9A

GOP9d5LausrkLlrtUBDjLaVJpk057bHS3KI9p5euu_8

There we go.. now they work.

I do have whole "blocks" but not complete banks with affixed diodes.. all of the diodes you see in these images have been extracted, my supplier just included the blocks this time.

If you want the complete laser array without extraction I PM'd you with pricing not long ago, however, if you need me to go lower I may be able to talk my supplier(s) down in price, seein as how I've ordered so many 05Ts from them in these recent orders.

I wiped out a bunch of email and messages, as well as videos and pics recently, so I don't remember what you want for these, I would like the 08e and anything new/bigger, what's your price on these? and are they hot pulls?

I wiped out a bunch of email and messages, as well as videos and pics recently, so I don't remember what you want for these, I would like the 08e and anything new/bigger, what's your price on these? and are they hot pulls?

xm5tWqEvf34fB57Utw61ZW-y8IuD13P-UxyHPNhqd9A

My supplier states that they cooled, rather than heated, to remove the diodes. As far as I can tells they're as tough as usual. I've been running several of them hard over 5A for extended cycles with no issue. Gonna push over 6A on a handheld TEC cooled setup soon just to see what it'll do.

I quoted you $550 for the block, but that was before my final pricing from my supplier. I can do it for $532 or less. I say that because the complete block that I have on hand with diodes extracted (lens & CAN remain intact) would be $532, but if you'd like a standard block with diodes affixed it may be less, but shipping costs would negate the lower cost due to it coming from China whereas the extracted ones would be shipping from California.

Has anyone test the NUBM05 diodes that DTR has, are they basically a NDB7A75 with a Gball lens?
What is the output and spot size with the Gball intact.
Anyone know?

Last edited:
Has anyone test the NUBM05 diodes that DTR has, are they basically a NDB7A75 with a Gball lens?
What is the output and spot size with the Gball intact.
Anyone know?

RedCowguy - I have noticed that the NUBM05 peak power handling is noticeably less than the NUBM05T. I believe there are even data sheets available which show this - I don't recall if the aforementioned data sheets were found poking around the intraweb or if my supplier provided them to me. But from my balls to the wall testing of every diode I get my hands on I saw an average of around 5.5W to 5.8W from the 05s and 6.4W to 6.7W from the 05Ts.

I have not personally tested Jordan's NUBM05s, but from testing complete NUBM05s and NUBM05Ts with long CAN and "G-Ball" (??) lens still affixed, removed directly from the blocks they produce a rather thick beam although surprisingly keeping its form rather well over distance. But from what I recall the divergence seemed much better, considering the overall beam thickness, than we typically achieve with 3EGLs and open cans. I attribute that to perception. I will stand firm in my belief that the NUBM05 (lower power variant) is not as similar to the NDB7A75 as we may have thought, I say this simply due to average wavelengths. The NDB7A75s appear, on average, to be darker blue than the light blue/sky blue of the NUBM series of diodes which mostly average 460nm to 465nm in these higher power ranges. The NUBM05T to me is the turbocharged version of the pretty sky blue NUBM07E. As you have probably noticed yourself with the NUBM06s, once you near the peak before roll-back they get to be intensely light blue, as much so if not more than the 07E at times, depending on the diode.

I have noticed a wide variance in output to wavelength between equally powerful diodes. For example, I've had 7W 05Ts hold strong at that output but maintained a more blue 455nm and equally powerful 05Ts appearing to near, or exceed, 470nm.

Due to value alone I have spent more time with NUBMs and NUGMs than their NDB/NDG counterparts. But from what I remember with one of my maybe three NDB7A75s was that I was really impressed with its beam quality. But that is to be expected of lower powered diodes. You sacrifice divergence for power with the NUBMs. I'd say the NDB7A75 is the end of the line of the low(er) divergence diodes, where anything more powerful is significantly more but with a fatter butt.

I have had good results using the thick plano-convex singles and doublets pulled out of 2EGL and 3EGL lenses. You get a high EFL creating a tight beam at distance with the smallest endloint you're gonna get without going to expanders or multi-level lens setups.

Pull apart a handful of your 2/3EGLs, grab the largest lens of each, and either bring that barrel nearly all of the way out, or find 7mm lens barrels and place the lens on the reverse end (larger diameter opening lessens the loss of emissions at the point of contact with the lens). I have tested the power output of many of these setups to be on par with G2 setups. Some optics suppliers even carry 11mm/12mm EFL 7mm lenses with designs remarkably similar to the G2s for that high of EFL.

My 7.238W 05T was using a high EFL plano-convex that I scavenged from a 3EGL setup.

Anyhow, back to your question, I have two blocks left of canned and lensed NUBM05Ts.. if you can wait for a week or three I will put one of them together to test for you. Name the distance(s) you want me to measure the beam pattern(s) at and I'll do it.

Johnny

The ( T ) just means test sample and ( E ) means engineering sample, but they could have changed the design.

I want to run any GBall diodes with the lens intact and was curious what the spot size is at 15 feet.

That actually makes sense.. impress em' with the prototypes and learn how much headroom you've got with what you put in to it.. and then dial it back to lower costs, increase profits, and still maintain a solid bench figure of 3.5W with plenty of headroom and longevity to keep the customers content.

I might throw one together sooner just because we're already talking about it. If I can repair some of Vlads proto 6A boards or these 5A V3 SXDs I'll pair them up with a complete 05 or 05T (forgot which I have left) and I'll take pics and measurements with my digital caliper for ya.

And while I've got ya here, have you pushed any 08s to the brim?

I worked my 08 hard and have already replaced it, but I am sure the 44 can be pushed higher, the 08 has a prettier blue color, but I like the 44 better.

The 06 I had was pretty well focused through it's factory GBall, it made a 5mm X 25mm bar at 15 feet, all the rest are not as well focused, but someone else told me their 07 was better focused with the factory GBall intact than my 07 was, so maybe they're different options for how the OEM buyer can order the lens to be set up.

I wonder if you have seen a different bar size from block to block with the factory lens intact ?

Last edited:
In other words..

"Power on several of them and log this data for me forever rendering their honest to Shiva condition from "New" to "Used." Even further reducing their value as "One of the Two Blocks of Nichia NUBM05T That Two Members of These LPF Forum Ordered From Me But Later Changed Their Minds COMPLETELY and Bought Not a Single Item Once the Shipment Had Become State-Side."

To which I reply, "F#@% it. Let's Do This."

I'll just use them for retail handheld DIY Kits which will be receiving never ending neglect and misusage anyhow.

I guess I could leave them in the block and finally put use to my Thorlabs insulated TO-5 sockets. That's what I'll do. Just for you, bud. Anymore ideas or recommendations go ahead and send em my way so that I can try to fulfil most, of not all, requests prior to launch.

Also, I recently plugged my 19V AC adapter into my 10W/100W which uses only 9V DC lol

So I will be pulling it apart first, just in the off chance that I can repair it in time for my Nichia NUBM05T Factory "G-Ball" Fixed Lens Divergence Variance Data Mining Extraviganza to see if not only divergence variances may, or may not be, all over the place.. but if they vary, greatly, in output performance between diodes of the same manufacturing batch. Plus I would like to show you guys the anticlimactic results of simultaneous 6W-7W beams hitting the same sensor at the same time. One on top of the other and side-by-side.

DTR

Yea there are no T's or E's out in the wild. The China suppliers just used the T as they could only find a datasheet for the preproduciton model. I have never seen a T or E on any of the blocks out in the wild.
pbXaAm.jpg

0xxsXh.png

Even the ones sold as NUBM05T showed up with just NUBM05 on the block.

Here is per N*****'s webside.

*製品写真は、実物とは多少異なる場合がございます。
*テストサンプル(型番末尾"T"),エンジニアリングサンプル(型番末尾"E")は予告無しで仕様が変わる場合があります。

Translated

* Product photos might be slightly different from the real thing.
* Test sample (model number at the end "T"), engineering sample (model number at the end "E") might specification may change without prior notice.

These are not made in any significant quantity and distributed to large clients to procure contracts for production.

Last edited: