Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB homemade red full build

This forum used to be so Awsome when I joined 3 years ago, I learnt so much, knowledge that I’m glad I have, If I had joined in the past 6 months I probably would have left bored and disappointed, I don’t know what has happened and I won’t speculate, I only pop in from time to time now hoping to see a remarkable build thread or something new but not much luck lately, I do enjoy showing my custom work and giving others that appreciate art a chance to purchase and enjoy my work,
I have not had one disappointed customer from so so many all over the world and that makes my day, That’s all I need!

I don't care what people think about me.......anyone have an opinion on that ? Anyone ? I really would like to know.

Yes that was an attempt at levity, sometimes people don't get my jokes, I wish people were smarter so they would understand........yes, another zinger.....woo hoo hoo with extra hoo :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seriously the forum used to be more active when things were new, I would love to see some new diodes, big hairy SOB diodes :devilish:

Last edited:
Hi BBB,
Hey your builds are sweet all of them and worth the cost of hard labor.
@ Red,
Yes some many folks get offended easy not knowing how to off set the true meaning from the start.

Rich:)

kecked

There is no law that says you can not sell a laser over 5mw in the USA. There is no law that says you can’t own one or use one. Just went over this in lso school in August. Contact ilda if you don5 believe me.

I use mw mW without even thinking about it nor do I care if you do and if you type MW I will know from context what you mean. My god you people must be bored to pick on this stuff. And what does any of this have to do with the thread. I’m not helping here either so I’m not going to reply to further comments off topic.

I still think the nicest red is 642nm as I said earlier. Cherry red good balance of perceived brightness and power. I’m also partial to Kr 647nm red just cuz I grew up with it. The biggest waste of money I ever saw was 1W 671nm. Dim and not even nice color. Barely a color at all. If you want power you can’t beat 638nm 700mw diodes. They push 1W and are really bright but your battery time and heat are going to be a problem past 20-30 sec without a few minutes cooling and the batteries will cost a ton.

Thinking about it why not buy a red Module with driver from dtr. Add a host and batteries and your done. Heck find a copper tube and toss it all inside. Drill hole for a switch. I’d like to see some in exotic woods turned on a lathe. Some more art would be nice to see. I’m not building much anymore myself cuz I can’t see to solder. Really need a microscope and I should buy one. 2¥

Last edited:
I ordered a 650nm gold flashlight host laser from Shadow Lasers on ebay nine days ago. It cost me $9.95 with free shipping and it showed up today. It is completely focusable and takes a single 18650 battery. It measures a very nice 211 mW. Very nice for the money.