Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Burning Laser For Lighting "Tabacco"

tysp2

Alright I am looking for a portable laser pointer that could easily light a bowl filled with tobacco of course. I dont care if its green, red or blue and im not trying to spend a fortune. Anyone got any ideas

It would need to be dry "tobacco" dry to the point of being brittle. You will need around 500mW for this to work effectively. Your best/cheapest bet would be to use a violet laser or an IR.

Your cheapest/best bet would be to use a lighter.. but if you must use a laser, do as yobresal suggests. Be aware that using a high-powered laser around a glass or metal "tobacco" bowl is a recipe for disaster since a tiny reflection at those power levels will cause permanent damage if it should happen to find it's way into your eye. Lighters are a tad less blinding.

Yeah it really is not worth the risk/effort. If you want to use an alternative to flame try a magnifying glass.

I have a sneak-a-toke design using a laser. I haven't built it yet, but the design looks promising. =]

Your cheapest/best bet would be to use a lighter.. but if you must use a laser, do as yobresal suggests. Be aware that using a high-powered laser around a glass or metal "tobacco" bowl is a recipe for disaster since a tiny reflection at those power levels will cause permanent damage if it should happen to find it's way into your eye. Lighters are a tad less blinding.

you beat me to it.

In my opinion you dont have to spend that much. heres a 200mW red for $35

High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) [E0648] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock

jeffd

It would be really hard to light the tobacco with a 200mw laser, I think it would just burn the tobacco instead

It would be really hard to light the tobacco with a 200mw laser, I think it would just burn the tobacco instead

you can definitely smoke it... i've tried it (i dont smoke). Its not fast, but it smokes...

Re: WTB Burning Laser For Lighting "Tobacco"

Alright I am looking for a portable laser pointer that could easily light a bowl filled with tobacco of course. I dont care if its green, red or blue and im not trying to spend a fortune. Anyone got any ideas

Why i'm encouraging you I have no idea but....
This might work out for you: YouTube - Cheapy Lighter Laser Burner!
Notice how the guys face lights up violet as he points it straight towards his eyes.

Last edited:
When tobacco, or herbs, gets "ignited", or burned, toxins in the fumes can be hazardous to your non-cancerous self.:cryyy:

At the vaporization temp, you get the essence, and non of the toxic fumes.:whistle:

Last edited:
Re: WTB Burning Laser For Lighting "Tobacco"

Why i'm encouraging you I have no idea but....
This might work out for you: YouTube - Cheapy Lighter Laser Burner!
Notice how the guys face lights up violet as he points it straight towards his eyes.

Omg how is that guy not blind? That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen! You would think someone who builds lasers like that would know something about laser safety... damn that was scary just watching.

anyhow heres another- It can be done - Laser lighter

I like it better, the angles better too, haha. Rog is a member of this forum.

generely most people only start one thread with the same name it gets a little confusing when there are two threads with the same name :undecided:
maby you will want to delete one befor to long....