Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 532nm Pen (good divergence)

Requirements

1. 50-200mW of power
  2. Thin beam (diameter 2mm or lower)
  3. Divergence 1.2mRad or lower
  4. $150 or less, shipped
  5. NOT the cheap ebay style host (the shinier the better :D)
  6. Uses AAA or AA batteries
  7. It needs to be pen style, not flashlight style
  8. At least 1 1/2 min duty cycle
These are in no particular order but what I am mainly looking for is a reasonably priced 532nm with a thin beam and good divergence. I want to bring this with me on an international flight so I would rather it use normal batteries (non lithium type) so I don't have any issues bringing them, and if I do I can just get some more when I get there at any corner store.

Try an Optotronics pointer.
The host looks the same as the eBay lasers but they are much thicker and solid and they have better threading.
Known for having small divergence, Jack stands behind his products. I believe he's located within the US as well.

-good luck :beer:

Brendon,

What are you going to use it for? WL's old Executive series used to have 0.8mRad divergence, but I'm not sure if anyone on here has any of those old (~2007) lasers left...

Try an Optotronics pointer.
The host looks the same as the eBay lasers but they are much thicker and solid and they have better threading.
Known for having small divergence, Jack stands behind his products. I believe he's located within the US as well.

-good luck :beer:

I know their better quality but they still look similar so I would rather not.

Brendon,

What are you going to use it for? WL's old Executive series used to have 0.8mRad divergence, but I'm not sure if anyone on here has any of those old (~2007) lasers left...

I just want a nice pen that I can use whenever and show off to people, I want good divergence because my very first laser had excellent divergence and I have been trying to find one like it ever sense, I also think good divergence makes it look a lot cooler. As for the Executive if one pops up, I will consider it but weren't they 5mW?

I have the DragonLasers Viper 125mW if you want. It's about 140mW. Bought on October 2012. It's the perfect laser for me.
Green Laser Pointer Viper Series
Make me an offer. ;) (maybe give me a reason to sell it :p, actually I don't want to)

What's the divergence on it? Could you measure it and let me know? :thanks:

Yes, WL's original Executive series went from the Core 5mW to the Fusion 125mW, the Executive Pro series went from the Advanced Pro 15mW to the Fusion Pro 130mW. WL did have a "Wicked Deals" section on their FB page where they offered "limited edition" and old lasers, that's where a lot of WL's best deals (and most of my WL lasers :p) came from. I'm pretty sure they are all sold out by now, however, so they took down that page...

The viper is lower than 0.9mRad. You can't find better pointer. For that cost 300$.

I would suggest an Optotronics laser. It seems to suit you the best: Optotronics Product Details $130+$8 shipping. The Optotronics laser is IR filtered and a very reputable company around here. Only downside is, the host looks like any other eBay laser pointer :p and don't forget the 60/30 sec duty cycle

EDIT: eytyxhs, the Lazerer Mini 100mW is currently out of stock :p

Last edited:
the host looks like any other eBay laser pointer

And this is the exact reason why I will likely never purchase a pointer from them... I'm completely sick of that host, when will the world move on to something new? That host has been around longer than I've been into lasers.

Well it's a cheap and functional host... so many companies will use it many years to come to keep costs low

It's not cheap because it's not the same host, it just looks the same.
I have two, they are much heavier due to the thicker metal.
The threading is smooth and also thicker. Noticeably better quality.
I haven't measured the divergence but it's the thinnest beam I've ever seen.
Once again (just to be clear), Optotronics does not use the same host as the cheap eBay host, it just looks similar.

I ended up getting this, the beam comes out crooked, is about 1mm diameter at the aperture and it is underspec at 122mW (18mW of which is IR) but has GREAT divergence, in comparison my LP532 150mW from laserbtb is 156mW (0mW of IR) with a 1.5mm beam diameter at the aperture and TERRIBLE divergence. I was thinking of getting the laser from optotronics because o-like did not accept paypal but I emailed them and they let me pay via paypal, I purchased DHL shipping and it got here in 4 days :D. I am currently very low on money so I cannot get the optotronics laser to see if it's good or not, but maybe I will at some point. :thanks: