Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 1w or more blue laser

Would like to purchase something like and/or better than my Spyder 3 Arctic that I never received.

Please sell me one or point me in the right direction

Thanks!

Is that the best you could come up with for a forum name ? cuz it sucks :crackup:
Are you basing your request for a 1000mW laser on WL spider ? do you know
that WL spiders are always less than 1000mW no matter what they say, I
haven't heard of one yet that meets or exceds there claims of power.

i got a few 1W lasers for sale.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/1w-445nm-lasers-starting-180-shipped-57216.html
Please buy the one watts. i do not like the 1.5W
I sell them but i hate them, that extra 500mw does nothing for beam brightness just burns faster. and at 1W it burns fast enough.
All that 500mw does is make more heat and battery's die faster.
For a few seconds quicker burning....
If someone can give me a good reason for that extra 500mw let me know.

Is that the best you could come up with for a forum name ? cuz it sucks :crackup:
Are you basing your request for a 1000mW laser on WL spider ? do you know
that WL spiders are always less than 1000mW no matter what they say, I
haven't heard of one yet that meets or exceds there claims of power.

Lol I'll have it changed after my wicked debacle is over and refunded.
I'm basing my request on having something like or better than the WL spider and around the same price (190 i think I paid)

DTR

i got a few 1W lasers for sale.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/1w-445nm-lasers-starting-180-shipped-57216.html
Please buy the one watts. i do not like the 1.5W
I sell them but i hate them, that extra 500mw does nothing for beam brightness just burns faster. and at 1W it burns fast enough.
All that 500mw does is make more heat and battery's die faster.
For a few seconds quicker burning....
If someone can give me a good reason for that extra 500mw let me know.

It is definitely brighter. Come on it is 1.5X as strong. You can see the difference. Also a boost driver would give much longer runtimes.

With the linear driver your 1W unit should be pulling around 1A and you say in your thread "Run time: Still testing battery's should be from 15 to 25 min average" Lets go with the high figure of 25minutes. So I am assuming they are around 400mAh cells that you are using.:thinking:

Running a flexdrive driven unit @ 1.5A pulls 2.3A from the battery and with a 2800-2900mAh battery that is around 1 hour and 15 minutes runtime.:beer:

Last edited:

DTR

It's 50% stronger. Which with light you need 4 times the amount to double it's brightness. So that's basically 12.5% brighter. Probably barely noticeable. (I think those are the numbers)

I'm not disputing anything else you said. But it does take a whole lot more power compared to the difference in visibility. And since he makes both I'm assuming he shoots them side by side.

I don't know but shoot I have a 1.5 watt and I like it. It's just nice to know I've got the top of the range. I'm never wondering what if I had that little more. And I never have a problem with batteries either.

Well my statement that it is 1.5 times as strong is correct but visually that math may not hold water. I have made many lasers and when I look at 1W and a 1.5W side by side there is a noticeable difference in brightness at least to me and I would need a good reason not to have the extra brightness.;)

Heat: Have not had problems. Hell I have a small 14650 pen sized host set to over 1.5A and it runs over a minute without heating issues.
Runtime: Over an hour is fine for me.

Some say why. I say why not.:D

Last edited:

IsaacT

Kiyoukan: I personally have to say that you 1W lasers look awesome, whereas(while I don't want to offend) the 1.5W lasers not so much....may be just me but they are so big and bulky.....to the OP- go for one that Kiyoukan suggested, or you could get one from Yobresal, he is still selling them IIRC. Or you could just keep an eye on the BST section.

DTR

Kiyoukan: I personally have to say that you 1W lasers look awesome, whereas(while I don't want to offend) the 1.5W lasers not so much....may be just me but they are so big and bulky.....to the OP- go for one that Kiyoukan suggested, or you could get one from Yobresal, he is still selling them IIRC. Or you could just keep an eye on the BST section.

I will say they tend to be a bit bigger to handle the heat. I have done a few 1.5A units in the black cree host before and that is pretty average size. I have 1.6W in my Ehgemus 14650 pen host but it does get hot after 2 minutes.:D

no with the new batterys i am going to update on monday i am getting longer run times.
I am using 2 18350 1200mah.
And my drivers are yb1682 drivers.
Capable of 2A but set at 1.5a
and this is with an aixiz lens if you get a 405-g1 you will get about 175-200mw more power.
Run times i have it on a tec trial run till the batterys die. wil see very soon the actual run time. i am judging run time on the whole time it gives 1.5W not when it drops. but that info will be given as well.

DTR

no with the new batterys i am going to update on monday i am getting longer run times.
I am using 2 18350 1200mah.
And my drivers are yb1682 drivers.
Capable of 2A but set at 1.5a
and this is with an aixiz lens if you get a 405-g1 you will get about 175-200mw more power.
Run times i have it on a tec trial run till the batterys die. wil see very soon the actual run time. i am judging run time on the whole time it gives 1.5W not when it drops. but that info will be given as well.

With an Aixiz you should be able to hit 1W with 1.1A. So if you driver is a linear you should be getting around an hour with a 1200mAh battery. So you should be alright. I thought 25minutes sounded a little low for 1.1A.:D

the YB1682 is a Buck DC/DC Converter.
It lasts a while it could be longer than that but until the testing is done with multiple sets of batterys.
I give the lowest number due to bad quality.

DTR

Do you know what voltage that driver requires over the LD demand?

jws

I am NO expert with lasers. So I will just tell you this. I purchase 1 of Yobresal (from this site) $180 1 watt 445 and it shipped out the day I paid by USPS Priority Mail. I don't have a output meter and I have never had any experience with any laser above 50mw before I received this. So I can't comment on the output but I think that by all I have read on this guy he is a stand up dude and it is in the ballpark of 1 watt.

If you don't have any safety glasses make sure you have some before you mess with anything high power. It not only will save your eye sight but it also makes looking at the beam allot easier. Good luck with your quest.