Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 10440 Li-Ion Batteries

IsaacT

I am looking for a supply of 10440 Li-Ion Batteries. Fasttech messed up and I have builds to make. If you have any to sell let me know :)

Last edited:

only place i know is FT, i bought 4 from the two weeks ago and they arrived in 6 or 7 days

Pman

I only buy the unprotected ones from Fasttech as they are decent and get 2 for the cost of others 1. Unfortunately I had to just order a bunch from them as all my builds used what I had.
Looks like Lighthound is out of stock on theirs and they cost twice as much:(

IsaacT

Lol. the picture is a pair of earbuds for that one lol.

In other news. My fasttech order is in California right now. I dont know if any 10440 Li-Ions made it on but I hope they did. I need some batteries!!!!

the FT ones are good. i use them with a dummy in my laser pens every now and then

IsaacT

Yeah, I bought:

3 x (2pk 18650 Panasonic 3400mAh Cells)
5 x (Coolook 10440 Battery Placeholders)
3 x (2pk 10440 Ultrafire 600mAh Cells) - Got a ticket on these?
1 x (Tripod)

They sent me a ticket after they shipped my items saying they had to pull the 10440 batteries because they were wrong? It is weird. Said they were shipping them later.

Fasttech said:
During packaging, we discovered that the UltraFire 10440 3.6V 600mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (SKU 1078100) we were about to ship you is the wrong item, the supplier provided the wrong stock to us. To avoid further delay, we have shipped you everything else except this item. We will have it replaced and shipped to you as soon as possible.

It will ship with a separate tracking number and we'll e-mail that to you when it ships.

Please let us know if you have questions about this arrangement. Thank you.

About your order #xxxxxxxxxx

I sent them a response saying to just send me some different ones. I just want some damn 10440 batteries. FFS.

Last edited:

Pman

Sucks. Yeah, those are the ones I've been buying and they seem to work well. Ordered 5 more pair as I have a ton of small build stuff coming by the end of next week. Disappointed that I can't seem to find ones made by AW or panasonic. You can get AW IMR 14500 cells (have a few) but not very many units use them unless you custom build something.
The panasonic cells from Fasttech are the real deal. Bought 6 of the 18650B and 2 of the PD (less capacity but good for 10 amp draw). When the 3.5W 450nm comes that I bought from DJNY comes, going to test those out along with the 26650 Kongs that are coming from Len (Hak). Hoping the 26650 fit because the diameter of some of them aparently are slightly too big for some hosts. Never had anything bigger than an 18650.

By the way, Fasttech added a few more lasers. Bought one of each of the camouflage and a red one to test and report.

Just checked my Fasttech orders and a couple of them are coming today but no batteries. Unfortunately those were ordered just 2 days ago or I could have sent you some:(

I also need some... Wouldn't it be better to use LiFePO4? It's closer to the 3V you'd get from 2xAA..

Or maybe put a diode inside the spacer to drop 0.7V. Anyone tried this yet?

Last edited:

IsaacT

The reason I need 10440's is that with my driver setup, AAA batteries will not work. Just not enough voltage. My output drops like a stone or disappears completely if I try. So I bought enough spacers and 10440's for all my pen builds I am making. DTR is putting together a big order for me :D

Pman

In most cases I'm with Wannaburn on this one as the extra voltage can be a big plus. Haven't had a single issue yet using them in anything that takes 2 AAAs. I've only used the Ultrafire ones that he links too.
Maybe I'll order a couple sets of those LiFePO4 ones to have on hand if I get a finicky unit that doesn't like the extra voltage. Important that you use the correct charger for the 3.2V ones though (happen to have a couple of them because my Spartan takes 3.2V cells). Those LiFe cells have very low capacity though:(
The only voltage issues I've run into were with some single AAA units don't like the extra voltage from a regular lithium.
If you buy a good quality pen from someone like SKY and use a single 10440 with spacer instead of 2 AAA you can see close to double the output on some of their units. Up to you whether it's worth potentially shortening the diode life or not:)

Last edited:
That's good to know, will get some of those.
Do you guys know what's the replacement for AA's? I'd like some of those as well