Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would you like to advertise on this site?

I felt a little bit of bile rise into my mouth as I loaded LPF this morning. The Wicked Lasers ad up there disgusts me, as it is going against everything I have learned on this forum.

When I was a new member, I thought that the ads up there were c0ld's personal choices for where I should buy my lasers from. What will happen when new members assume this as well and then we tell them they were scammed? Flamewars will break out and the quality of this forum that we have all worked hard for will go down the drain.

Please, please, please support c0ldshadow on this forum- do you have a site that you need advertised? It takes money to run this forum, money which c0ld does not have enough of. If you need a banner ad, I think Blu-ray_Junkie can help you out. I do not want to see Wicked Lasers endorsed commercially on this forum. Ever.

I will talk to the major laser companies about this matter as well. This includes Laserglow, NOVAlasers, Optotronics, and Dragonlasers. Anything but The Beast.

-Mark

Jaseth

I was quite surprised and disgusted too when I saw their ad here.. And they even take the liberty of using an Austin Powers reference! Please get donating to c0ld people, and I hope some of the good companies will fill the WL slot! Thank you for contacting them regarding this.

Next time you are spending $1500 on a new greenie or spending $100 on some sleds, why not donate a couple of bucks to the person who makes this online haven for true laser enthusiasts. If you can spend hundreds on a laser you can afford $10-20 on this forum. And the amount donated will be a fraction of the money people will otherwise waste on WL.

Seb

I don't think the amount of donations matters anymore, more and more adspace will be sold.

Id like to see Jack from Opto buy the block instead of WL, but it looks like c0ld would just create a new block and sell jack a spot below the WL banner.

Jaseth

spyrorocks said:
I don't think the amount of donations matters anymore, more and more adspace will be sold.

Id like to see Jack from Opto buy the block instead of WL, but it looks like c0ld would just create a new block and sell jack a spot below the WL banner.
Donations will always matter. c0ld creates ad space because there is more and more traffic and content on the site, making it more expensive. If people donate, he won't have to add more advertising and might even let Jack fill in WL's space in future. Without donations he might have to put ads between every single post and in the long run even shut down the site. This must never be allowed to happen, and with WL here we are already one HUGE step towards a red zone. Such an overpriced, communist dicatorship sending out underspec lasers and lying about other companies should not have the honour of being shown on the best laser forum online.
Each dedicated member donating $5 each months should be a huge improvement.. and if you are already spending hundreds (for some people tens of thousands) on lasers, $60 per year is nothing. Even if you choose to donate only a bit of this it will make a difference.
I do not wish to tell c0ld how to run his site, I just hope us members can make it possible for him to ignore scamming companies such as WL and most importantly keep this site up!

According to icestorm, the most he is paying for the VPS is $100 a month.

Do you think he makes less than that right now with the ads he has up + member donations?

I think the monthly user donations would exceed that, plus he has some ad revenue for himself.

Thats why im saying, even if we cover or exceed the cost of the VPS he has it on (which is overpriced by the way, volumedrive.com has dedicated servers for cheaper that are pretty good), I doubt the ads would ever be removed.

I have been doing my part for some time now, but it didn't keep WL away.
Before you ask, I will not disclose how much I pay for my ad-spaces. It is worth it, but it isn't cheap. I will keep it up as long as I can.
Thanks cOld!
DH

heeby

i would love to advertise on this site. but first i need to build a rep.

I'm happy to make an awesome Flash ad for any companies who want to advertise here. I do Flash applications professionally and I'm happy to help out here for free :)

Switch

Personally I don't care that there's a WL ad there. If anyone comes here, look at that ad and buys from them BEFORE posting, don't you think it's nobody's but their own fault? ::)

Btw heeby, you don't need a rep to advertise, you need to pay, and your advertisements have to be laser related. :p