Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Won an auction, price was wrong?

AnthoT

A package came today... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and, then I pressed it into an aixiz module...

Ze moment of truth;

pjrkc.jpg

She works; that was at around 315 mA. :DD

So, 12x blu-ray diode for $27. I am a happy camper. :)

Congrats glad it worked out well :beer:

Last edited:

Hiemal

I am happy you got the 12x burner. That was a lucky shot.
If the red diode has a black square package then it don't fit in the standard module.
You can build something else with it but a handheld laser would be hard.

Not a black square package; I meant the metal casing around the actual laser diode itself. It appears to be a standard open can red with an IR die on it too.

Just need to figure out how to release it! :undecided:

NP.

Le Quack got lucky. Finding another drive for around that price is not easy. Its not imposable either, but they are far from common.

Keep looking though. Ebay has a setting to email you a list of auctions of your choice. Plug in 12X BDR writer, and cross your fingers. :beer:

Yeah. And as far as ordering from DTR, is he taking some off time? I ordered an M-140 and sent a PM to him about two days ago and haven't heard back. With his reputation in the community for being the BEST for buying mid to high powered diodes from I'm not really worried about it, but I'm curious as all hell to be sure. :whistle:

Not sure. I got a PM from him yesterday, but it wasnt diode sales related.

Try posting on his sales thread.

Okay, I posted on his thread. Great idea there. I've been seeing a few comments on how the PM system is a tad glitchy right now, maybe that has something to do with it. All im waiting on is that diode (I've got everything else including goggles) so I'm reasonably excited :D. Thanks for the help TJ. (Let me know if TJ is okay, it does sound a little informal and I was sorta uncomfortable with calling you it :eek:)

TJ is fine. My rep, and post numbers have nothing to do with the person I am. They dont make me any better than anyone else. I've just been here longer than most.

So dont sweat the small stuff. :beer:

Phew. But yeah, he's already gotten back to me after posting on his sale thread.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Genius. I do feel like we're getting a bit off topic now, so I'm going to go hunting for another steal. What else should I be looking for besides BRD's? Come to think of it, all the other diodes nowadays are either virgin diodes or in cheap sleds EXCEPT BR's.

Although its frowned upon eekbay sellers will just string you along making offers to refund 100%. It matters not that you insist upon your item and in the end you will get your refund and nothing more-- been there ..done that.(as a buyer NOT a seller)
On this issue Feebay sides with the seller even if it is by default. Threats of neg. FB are prolly laughed at. GLAD you lucked out on that 12X drive. Score one for us little guys!!
V/R
hak