Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Windows 7 os

HIMNL9

If i can give you a suggestion, about updates .....

AutoPatcher.com » What’s AutoPatcher

This tool can be a good helper ..... first, you can download all the official updates from microsoft site on your hard-disk, or burn them on a DVD, for use it on many PCs offline ..... second (and more important, imho ;)), YOU choose what install and what not (opposite to windows update, that, just as example, don't let you download nor install anything if you don't install before the damn WGA pest :p and the other "obligatory" modules) ..... third, the same tool can be used for uninstall the updates that you discover that gives problems, if this happens ..... fourth, to not underestimate, it's more quick and don't require that you keep the PC online (once you've downloaded all, ofcourse)

Last but not least, these are all OFFICIAL updates, there's no cracks, no patches and nothing illegal, in it :D

ped

Yeah if you google "windows 7 loader by Daz" , you'd be amazed at what you find ;)

often times, netbooks will come with an OS recovery partition instead of an install disk (since they usually don't have CD drives anyways)

I have a feeling user is using a new hard-drive with the existing netbook and has the OEM sticker on the bottom of the netbook but no install media.

HIMNL9

often times, netbooks will come with an OS recovery partition instead of an install disk .....

Almost all, actually, regardless if they have or not dvd drives ..... always there's a reminder or a popup that say to the user "create your own restore disks", instead having the disks inside the box. (and almost all the clients that come in my shop asking for reinstallation or for a new hard disk, when i ask them the recovery disks, say "recovery disks ? ..... what's this ? ..... there was no disks in the pc" ..... "oh, i had to create them ? ..... no, i never had time to do that" ..... also if the pc is 2 years old :p :D