Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Lunar and Inferno

Well this is the way I see it(now that I looked over their site)

They only released the "Inferno" and "Luna" because common, a company selling only blue and green in their most popular laser being the "Artic" and "Krypton" wasn't going to keep them in buisness for a long time.

They came up with the other wavelength's so customers who already both from them will return and make them a profit and more people will chose them since they offer a more variety of wavelengths.

I personally won't buy from WL, but Cheesy if you want im fine with it :)

Heck, im going to be spending more then $200 for a 5mW 405nm :)

I think there's much more behind the choises WL make's

I've bin talking about the Inferno with them for a while (months ago)
They surely want to make sure they don't have allot of RMA's so they choose a save current wich equals output etc.. etc... long lifetime.
We ''ourselfs'' like to push them further. (were talking mass market here)

They don't just launch a product, they actually think about it ;) ''wich is good''
Same with the New Arctic 2W.... talked about it with them way before launch and did some tests for them with the 1.45 ? W arctic back in the day...

Wich resulted in the more powerfull arctic :D (not that i can take all the credit :p ) but i'm just saying that there are other way's you can think about them.

Every company wants to make a profit, and the advertisements they make... well we know better here, we see past it... (i do) but i sure want them as a collector of all kinds.

Cheers, Sm

Last edited:
You can't argue that WL's marketing is above average for laser companies :whistle: even if it's a bit misleading, they do control an overwhelming portion of the market. They can't just let that go by saying "oh btw guys our ads are a complete lie"

Last edited:
You can't argue that WL's marketing is above average for laser companies :whistle: even if it's a bit misleading, they do control an overwhelming portion of the market. They can't just let that go by saying "oh btw guys our ads are a complete lie"

How can you compare a DIY market to a mass market ?

Sure you took the route of comparing it to other markets.... but that's not the point right ?

There are way more expensive company's then Wicked lasers. Price per mW. ''Look past the advertisements ;) )

Think about it.

Last edited:
How can you compare a DIY market to a mass market ?

Sure you took the route of comparing it to other markets.... but that's not the point right ?

There are way more expensive company's then Wicked lasers. Price per mW. ''Look past the advertisements ;) )

Think about it.

Im sure this has been mentioned before but am not 100% positive.

After looking over the "comment" section of the WL's website I found this ridiculous comment.

The Green one is made out of Kryptonite and it's low power then the blue one which is 1W but the green one you can kill Superman with it cuz it's made out of Kryptonite.

Last edited:
It also seems their information is slightly outdated.

Quote:

"Wavelength:
Visible light has a wavelength range of 400-700 nanometers (nm). Between lasers of equal output power (in mW), lasers closest to the peak visibility wavelength of 555nm will have more range and brightness than other wavelengths of laser light. Green lasers (532nm) are closest to the peak visibility wavelength (555nm)"

532nm isn't the closest to 555nm currently available, the closest is 556nm. Anyone else see this?

A few things here, obviously their claims of "the most powerful" is BS, I have a 500mW 405nm, I had a 1W 650nm at one point, I am getting a 3.3W 445nm, all for $700. :p

Also their customers are gonna be really PISSED when they see the divergence on the "inferno", I can't wait to see their reaction :crackup:

A few things here, obviously their claims of "the most powerful" is BS, I have a 500mW 405nm, I had a 1W 650nm at one point, I am getting a 3.3W 445nm, all for $700. :p

Also their customers are gonna be really PISSED when they see the divergence on the "inferno", I can't wait to see their reaction :crackup:

Yea haha, and you thought people were mad enough when their laser was under-spec. You just wait and see how angry people are going to be :beer:

Last edited:
WL has weird spec naming sometimes... they named the Arctic with a 5mm beam diameter and then later said oh wait one axis is 2mm :thinking: their Krypton is actually measured with a tad extra girth, my Krypton is slightly overspec in terms of beam quality. Output power, ehhhhh... :p

Last edited:
No one posted their promotion vids yet for these new WL lasers?

For the 405nm it says unlimited duty cycle. So you can leave it ON till batt is dead? In which temperature conditions?

Probably freezing cold. In average temperatures, my 1W Arctic gets slightly warm after being on for 5 minutes.

SRESAL

WL makes decent lasers. Their DPSS green modules used to be from CNI but at some point they switched to cheaper stuff.
Their marketing has always been over the top and their prices are high but tbh there's not much to complain about as far as their products are concerned. IMO their hosts are kinda cheesy but I'm not really into lightsabery designs... simple and utilitarian is good for me.
Some say their customer service sucks but I've never had to deal with that.
The first Evo "pro" I bought back in 2009 was actually really nice (that's when the module was CNI).
There's no need for all the trash talk. If you don't like them, don't promote them. Shrug.

The krypton has CNI modules...

I think it's great they finally came out with red and purple for all those people who like to collect the SIII. Keeps people interested in lasers.

Most people who buy lasers aren't really interested in all the technical aspects, or building their own... they just want something that looks cool, and works.

It does continue to amaze me how easily they lie in their advertisement/marketing... that in itself should be reason enough to never buy from them.

The krypton has CNI modules...

I think it's great they finally came out with red and purple for all those people who like to collect the SIII. Keeps people interested in lasers.

Most people who buy lasers aren't really interested in all the technical aspects, or building their own... they just want something that looks cool, and works.

It does continue to amaze me how easily they lie in their advertisement/marketing... that in itself should be reason enough to never buy from them.

I agree with you, if you are confident about your products and their quality why is the point in lying?

Seems fishy :whistle:

I agree with you, if you are confident about your products and their quality why is the point in lying?

Seems fishy :whistle:

Agreed :D

Does WL still claim the World's Most Powerful Handheld Laser"?

LOL i hope not...

Last edited:
I've defended WL in the past and continue to do so now mostly because of how much more professional their site is and how much better quality their lasers are when compared to the competition. I am NOT comparing them to the DIY lasers available and I am NOT comparing them to Laserglow which clearly supplies lasers designed for more than just hobby level users. My Warnlaser broke in less than a year without regular use. my wicked lasers have not decreased in power and continue to stay intact and in great condition. my friend has a spartan from dragon lasers which lacks the smart switch which i think is a great feature when there are little kids around who might want to see my "light sabers." i have contacted Wicked lasers through their facebook page and gotten better customer service than most companies i have contacted. certainly better than laser pointer pro who first sent me the wrong tracking number and then lost my package and now have promised to contact me in 1-2 days to negotiate a refund or reship. its been almost a week. You criticize wicked lasers for their new lasers but short of a DIY laser, what site is better?