Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Evolution Pro In-Depth Review

NiMH rechargeables should be fine.
These should have drivers that actually work (unlike cheap DX lasers) so even though the voltage is <1.5V it should still work.
The same is true for the CNI pens. I got equal performance from Alkalines as I did from NiMH, but the latter lasts longer.
Sanyo Eneloop batteries get good reviews and they are available at Costco ans some electronics stores.

I've got some Duracell NiMH batteries, but I'm scared of the 15-minute charger that came with them. I'm not sure whether I want to try them in the laser or not.

Big Lots sells Duracell batts for near as cheap as the 99 cent stores, which also sells good Sony Alkaline batts. -Glenn

I've got some Duracell NiMH batteries, but I'm scared of the 15-minute charger that came with them. I'm not sure whether I want to try them in the laser or not.

I still don't know why you're complaining about the AA's. Seriously since I got the laser it's been running on the AA batteries I used to test it on the video I shot for the review. Have you tried Soshine batteries from DX? They're really good, but they lose charge if you don't use them for a month or so.

I still don't know why you're complaining about the AA's. Seriously since I got the laser it's been running on the AA batteries I used to test it on the video I shot for the review. Have you tried Soshine batteries from DX? They're really good, but they lose charge if you don't use them for a month or so.

With brand new AA duracell alkalines out of the box, I can get 160mW. However after just a short period of usage, drops off to 130mW or lower.

D

Deleted member 8382

it doesn't have regulation. tested vs lpm with alkalines at 1.3V vs ones at 1.6V

D

Deleted member 8382

power is reduced about a 10-20% when batteries are at 1.3V. Maybe it's the "stop" point? I'll test again with other values...

omg, talk about an awesome review, Niko!

Sorry it took me so long to get to it :yabbem:, but I've been "off the reservation" scouting for new PC gear :yh:

Really top effort +:beer:

omg, talk about an awesome review, Niko!

Sorry it took me so long to get to it :yabbem:, but I've been "off the reservation" scouting for new PC gear :yh:

Really top effort +:beer:

Coming from you I'm really glad you liked it :)

I can't wait to read one of your awesome reviews!!