Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Appreciation Thread

Got ya, thought i was serious didn't you? ;D

Don't fret though, there is plenty of fun still to be had. ::)

Reading about Wicked Lasers here on the forums, and seeing how unsuspecting people get tricked into buying those pieces of crap.  I think I'm going to have to say something on their forums, and I tell ya its gonna be epic :D

http://www.laser()community.com/post192323.html#192323  Enjoy Quickly before it gets removed :D

(remove paraphrases)  
Ill be sure to take a screenie just in case some of us miss it  ;)

Yes, i really have nothing better to do on a Saturday...

JLSE

TeLight said:
Got ya, thought i was serious didn't you? ;D

Don't fret though, there is plenty of fun still to be had. ::)

Reading about Wicked Lasers here on the forums, and seeing how unsuspecting people get tricked it the buying those pieces of crap.  I think I'm going to have to say something on their forums, and I tell ya its gonna be epic :D

http://www.laser()community.com/post192323.html#192323  Enjoy Quickly before it gets removed :D

(remove paraphrases)  
Ill be sure to take a screenie just in case some of us miss it  ;)

Yes, i really have nothing better to do on a Saturday...

You could always be burning stuff ;) ;D

You should probably remove the link. Stuff like this was done countless times during the initial days of LPF.

The few that remain on LC simply will not budge from their head-in-sand point of view and it's pointless to try and tell them otherwise. At this point it simply puts a bad taste out for LPF and aggravates the few members who remain over at WL's forum.

LOL, Wannaburn, that's actually what i was doing before the PCB kicked in :'( :'(

I'm thinking about rolling paper clip, with my 1A charger  ;D

MarioMaster said:
You should probably remove the link. Stuff like this was done countless times during the initial days of LPF.

The few that remain on LC simply will not budge from their head-in-sand point of view and it's pointless to try and tell them otherwise. At this point it simply puts a bad taste out for LPF and aggravates the few members who remain over at WL's forum.

I'll give it a day then take it off...It amuses me when they defend their ignorance :D

Sorry to fuel the fire, but I felt I needed to throw in my 2 cents over on that forum ... Hopefully noone from here will read it ;)

BrewCityMusic said:
Sorry to fuel the fire, but I felt I needed to throw in my 2 cents over on that forum ... Hopefully noone from here will read it  ;)
Just read it...  Nicely done BCM.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I copied it... in case they remove it... I also copied Telights post over there...
The 2 posts are till there ... ;D ;D ;D

Jerry

JLSE

TeLight said:
LOL, Wannaburn, that's actually what i was doing before the PCB kicked in :'( :'(

Just an FYI, you can also use 3v regular lithium cell for the same output on that laser ;)

HumanSymphony said:
Most of us are banned so we can't even see it :p
Here is the post by... TeLight:-

"I have noticed here on the WL forum that many, had found their bliss in the placebo that is Wicked Lasers.

Many people here on the forums, talk about how buying lasers from small, untrusted companies, and how it often ends in disaster. Why do you think this is so? Is it the lack of testing equipment, improper design, or perhaps just lies.

A large, popular corporation has state-of-the-art testing equipment, and enough capital for research and development, why would they lie about the output on their lasers?

Wicked Lasers doesn't just lie straight out like some of smaller companies, no rather it creates falsified information and uses the its name and popularity to sell those lies, to unsuspecting people, who sadly, just don't know any better.

Most of the people that buy lasers from this site, do not have proper testing equipment, and are generally new to lasers. Without a reference laser it is impossible to know the difference between a 100mW and a 200mW laser. Especially when the lasers output constantly fluctuates or gradually decreases over time.

I'm simply stating my opinion of Wicked Lasers as granted here in an except from the Terms of Service:

Rules and Regulations:

Wicked Lasers strives to offer an open environment for laser enthusiasts to freely communicate and exchange laser knowledge, opinions on WL products, and suggestions regarding new products and features. To this day, Laser Community hosts the largest forum for lasers and portable lasers and has become the ideal source for laser information, recommendations, and media selection.

Nevertheless, this company cannot function without suppressing public knowledge of the truth. So this post will most likely be promptly removed, maybe then some people here will stop justifying purchasing from a "legit" company, and realize the truth....That you have been scammed.

I would never say anything like this without facts to back it up, here are some third party tests of a few of the WL models:

(w)ww(.) laser()pointer()forums(.)com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1240606661

(Remove all parentheses)

Oh and go ahead and read on the unbiased "laser( )pointer( )forums" and see just how good this company really is."

and here is the post by BCM:-

"Yes, there has been a veritable flood of bad press from experienced, educated laser enthusiasts regarding the consistantly poor quality and inflated prices of the WL family of lasers - this is to be expected anytime inconsistancy and lack of accuracy is encountered in the industry.

Take some time to browse the web and see if Wicked is the only company out there who is routinely immortalized in print for deviating from their claims - I believe you will find that they are not alone.

Everyone has an opinion regarding whomever they purchase their lasers from, and rightfully so - very few laser resellers actually state the truth, and emotions can run high when expectations aren't met.

Just last week, in fact, there were 4 individual threads on different forums regarding Opto--onics, all from people who purchased lasers rated at X output and recieved lasers that exceeded that output by 10, 20, even 40%! Or in my case, the Laser--ow Hercules 350 I recently purchased that actually clocked just over 500mW peak on the LPM - just plainly and simply a total lack of concern regarding the accuracy of their advertised claims. Even Nov- lasers have been off the mark routinely, posting actual test results that were 20% or more in excess of their advertised power...What has this industry come to?

With cars, you can't have a horsepower shootout without a dyno. Without a chronograph, the best air rifle in the world is just a BB gun. Without an LPM, a laser is just, well, Wicked.

Go grab a sharpie and a book of matches, fire up your WL 300mW, and chill by the (eventual) fire ..."

Hope you guys don't mind... It's on record now.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jerry

I found something interesting that the first guy (Beatsiz) that replied to my thread said before in a different thread:

This is him explaining why a cheap 5mw laser is brighter then a "CORE"*gasps* laser- [smiley=engel017.gif]

Hehehehe I still giggle when i read that ;D

Attachments

• untitled4.bmp
    5.5 MB · Views: 343
Ahh...if it wasn't for the brightness that IR adds then maybe Wicked Lasers would rule the world....? ;)

WannaBurn said:
[quote author=TeLight link=1240687592/0#3 date=1240690694]LOL, Wannaburn, that's actually what i was doing before the PCB kicked in :'( :'(

Just an FYI, you can also use 3v regular lithium cell for the same output on that laser ;)[/quote]

:eek: :eek: :eek: You mean buy batteries :-? I'd rather have a Wicked Laser :p

(ok that's a dirty lie, I would take primary lithiums over WL lasers any day)

473nm......Wannaburn...*deep sigh*...is that you :D

I do remember the Core Blu-ray from your last auction ::)

To this day, Laser Community hosts the largest forum for lasers and portable lasers

1235716860302_jpg44ab5910-afa0-48b9-a608-f41bd8f427ec.jpg