Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers 2010 130mW Evo Pro Series Review! Exclusive, in depth, and unbiased!

CAUTION: Before you read the following, realize it is entirely unbiased and based on truth and truth only.

So, this is how it all started...
One day, I was checking LPF, when I saw that I had a PM. Naturally, I opened it. Well, whaddya know? An email from the CEO of WL, the one and only Steve! He sent me a PM asking me if I wanted to review on of their lasers. At first, I thought it was a lie, and some guy was pulling tricks on me, but I talked to him and realized it really was infact, Steve. So, naturally I said yes. To tell you the truth, I was not expecting what was coming to me ;)
About a week later, the UPS truck stopped by my house and dropped off a package. Lo and behold, it was the laser in a pretty little black cardboard box that read "Wicked Lasers". The first thing I saw when I opened it was the graph of the lasers power and other data. I looked at the graph, and it stated the max power was 150mW, and the average was around 140mW. Naturally, I put in some batteries negative side first (they were some used Duracells), whip out my super Laserbee-I LPM, and shine the pretty green beam at the sensor. 120mW. Something had to be wrong...
Oh, of course! The batteries! Well, I got out some Energizer Lithiums, replaced the crappy Duracell Alkalines (who even uses those anymore?), and next thing I did was once again shine the breathtaking green beam of light into the sensor. What happened next. Will blow your mind.
175mW!!!!!!! :evil:
Like I said, I was not expecting the power to be THAT much higher than rated :D
Next came the beam tests. I used a tripod, a range finder, calipers, and big sheet of thick, black plastic.
I looked at Mike's review, and did the same distance for easier comparison.

12.5'-48': Divergence of approx. 1.0mRad

I didn't bother do any further distances because the first test already showed outstanding results.

Now that we have taken care of performance, let's take care of the looks.

Well, the looks are amazing. Very sleek, with grooves in the right places. Seeing it just wants to make you pick it up and play with it. I also like the Little lens cap on there to keep dust out of the inside lens. From the looks of it, the window is AR-coated for 532nm. The only negative side is that it gets dirty VERY easily, but then again, it is cleaned VERY easily.
Another great feature is the ramp where the button is. This keeps the laser from rolling off your table, which was the cause of death on one of my lasers (a 4 foot drop onto a hard marble floor). Probably the best feature on this laser is the MiniLock. It does not require a key the size of a baseball bat, and does not interfere with the lasers looks. Because of this, it is FDA approved, therefore fully legal for use in the USA.
The LED indicator is also a nice feature. It makes the laser look more professional.
With that, I wrap up my review and put a bow on it :)

These are my grades for the WL 130mW EVO 2010 Pro:

NOTE: This is from a 1-10 scale.

Performance - 10
Looks - 10
Versatality - 10
Practicallness - 10

Overall Score - 10

Pictures will be added later.

Last edited:

jayrob

You got one of them little beauties too huh? Nice battery supply too... :)

Great review, if it is FDA compliant does it have the 5 second start up delay? or did the FDA change that?

Hey Spydy...

nice detailed Review...
BTW... you didn't mention what type of LPM you used to test the Laser's output on...:whistle:

Jerry

You guys all write about being unbiased. But its not. You were hand picked from the CEO and given a hand picked laser. How is this unbiased??? Being serious here. You guys have crucified WL since way before I joined. Now vets and others get killer lasers handed to them and all its forgotten? These reviews (which are done very nice) are as bias as they come, they cant not be. To do a unbiased review, someone needs to buy an unpicked cherry and do a proper review. Then you can truly call your review (and this goes for everyone) unbiased.

The only thing I see is a handful of on/above spec lasers. How does this dismiss all the other negatives written about WL?

Last edited:
It doesn't dismiss anything. Also, yes, the reviews are biased, however I have noticed that the folks doing the reviews are being honest about any negative points (including price) that they may find. Under the circumstances you can't ask for anything more. As long as Wicked continues to deliver high-quality lasers I don't see a problem. The reviews are the result of a good marketing strategy by Wicked, nothing more. Most people here recognize this, and as long as the reviews are honest there's nothing wrong with that. As with all business, "caveat emptor".

As long as Wicked continues to deliver high-quality lasers I don't see a problem.

That's a big if, and cant be substantiated till someone does a review who actually bought their WL laser.

The reviews are great, and well done. It just seems the tone has changed quite a bit about WL.

Hey T_J...

Isn't that the Idea.... WL wants to change their reputation... That WILL happen if
it is warranted.. Time will tell.

Before I was a member on this Forum I was flamed and called a scammer and
what ever the members could think of in relation to our first attempts at an
optical LPM....
Since we have gotten better at it.... I haven't heard one of those remarks surface...
Could it be the Tone has changed regarding our attempts to make a better
product...

If I was biased... I wouldn't have shown the poor quality of the SPYDER's Safety
Interlock in the Review... I would also not have mentioned or shown the over 100mw
power drop on one of my graphs....

I offered 3 different times to send back the SPYDER I Pro to WL after the Review...
and was told multiple times to keep it by the WL CEO...

As I've posted before... if they gave Cherry Picked Ultra Overspec Lasers for
review.... then the very first customer that received an underspec production
Laser would negate all the efforts and expense of trying to improve their
reputation by putting a better and legal Laser Series on the market.

If their production Lasers don't measure up... then they have shot themselves
in the foot... and all that time... effort... and expense go down the tubes...

I could add... maybe you are biased because you weren't chosen for a review...:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
If I wanted to be included in a review I would have chimed in about it long ago. In fact I didn't even know you got one till just recently. Which shows how much I have followed this or care LOL. If I was given a laser I would just sell it and buy an 8X.

1. I really only got into lasers for the Blu-Ray. (Note avatar) 2. I don't like pen hosts, and 3. I dont beg, cry, or insinuate for anything. I would think you knew me better than that Jerry. I own one green laser, and that's a DX 5mW I bought off of John to check out LOL. I don't even own a red laser. Only the Blu-Ray gives me tingles. So Steve can keep his lasers because it will be on eBay the minute I get it. Is this unbiased enough? LMAO

You do have to consider a few things....

1. How many people are going to fork out the cash to buy one?
2. How many will have a LPM?
3. How many are forum members?

He basically gave one to most of the people who fit that criteria. So if you play the odds on the other members its a good bet. Hey maybe I'm wrong. But I don't see threads bashing WL anymore LOL.

Enjoy you lasers fellas. Honor is for fools anyway.

I'm biased? That has to be the most funniest thing I've ever heard LOL. Thanks for the laugh!!!

Last edited:
Before I was a member on this Forum I was flamed and called a scammer and
what ever the members could think of in relation to our first attempts at an
optical LPM....

I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't said it. I guess you did a pretty good job there ;)