Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked laser - laser dock

Sooo, no news as of late? I'm following now, just out of curiosity if Wicked Lasers proves us right or wrong about this being a scam.

diachi

Sooo, no news as of late? I'm following now, just out of curiosity if Wicked Lasers proves us right or wrong about this being a scam.

Once folk start posting about SELEM I imagine we'll see more - Swamidog brought one with him to demonstrate.

The price now raised from $199 to $299.

They also removed ILDA output. (See comments in LaserDock campaign page.) Now only USB input.

diachi

The price now raised from $199 to $299.

They also removed ILDA output. (See comments in LaserDock campaign page.) Now only USB input.

Referencing ILDA out on the projector I think, no? I imagine it'll still have ILDA in - unless I'm missing something.

You can still buy the controller with the ILDA out individually it seems:

We offer the LaserDock Dongle for $99 (link in the FAQ) , which is what you would want if you are using 3rd party projectors.

Last edited:
My off hand review after discussion with Swamidog and watching for over an hour.

Ok just left SELEM. Swamidog had a couple and I asked about them.

He had it hooked up to the main projector in the auditorium for a good hour or more tonight.

Surprisingly, it looks great :)

He recommends it personally. It's $99.00 for JUST the LASERDOCK, which is a standalone piece. If you need the projector it is more. But the projector specs don't make it much from the sounds of it.

Swamidog did not have a projector and I don't believe they are released yet. But the Laserdock had over 100 visualizers which could be rotated through or locked onto any particular one you like.

Some were very cool with a 3d type of effect, the visualizers responded well to the sound through the line-in option (didn't see it with mic option engaged)

The only thing I didn't care for was the intentional fringing on the visualizer which had people style shapes, that annoyed me.

I mentioned the thread to swamidog, so perhaps he will chime in on here also. He also mentioned that he is testing for them, has helped with some of the ads and made suggestions on improvements.

Its not nearly as nice as any of his shows, but its a nice visualizer you could waste hours watching if you are not careful. Kind of like a group of screen saver effects for a laser Projector.

I'll probably get one after all, somewhere down the road.

Last edited:

Grix

Well for what it's worth I will be supporting the LaserDock in my program LasershowGen. Hope to roll out support in time for when the LaserDock officially ships.

But on a semi-related note, I haven't properly announced anything yet, but I will actually be releasing a fully open source DAC myself within a month or two: https://github.com/Grix/helios_dac
I think I will be able to slightly beat the price and specs of the LaserDock dongle. But it doesn't have built-in audio visualizer or anything. So I'm having mixed feelings, the LaserDock does admittedly look like a good deal if it works well, but WL seems to have beaten me to the punch! :)

Last edited:
Maybe they know they won't be able to get USA approval to ship (which they hint they know is a problem right now) so they are just looking for some funding cash knowing they will just refund before time to ship. They could claim they couldn't produce the product for that price and refund and then start selling them at $400 to $500 on their website afterwards after they started producing them (temporarily using the indigogo funds for that part). So many theories to think about :).

You were dead right! Email and refund to that effect today. Email also said they would send a link to their site with a discount code.

Shame as I was looking forward to such a simple unit - any advice for something similar?!

Someone in the UK got a review unit. Despite the name "Techmoan," he's not technically savvy. There's no spec-verification or even a removal of the cover. It's more of a demonstration than a review. Some might still find it insightful, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7tyF71zHA

Last edited:

diachi

Someone in the UK got a review unit. Despite the name "Techmoan," he's not technically savvy. There's no spec-verification or even a removal of the cover. It's more of a demonstration than a review. Some might still find it insightful, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdpO3wtQZ7I

It also hasn't been noted here but the Indiegogo was cancelled - all backers were refunded. This is due to issues in the states with FDA approval for the projector they had included - being that there isn't any.

They were unable to refund just the US backers, so everyone was refunded. I believe the products are available on their site.

This thread on PL has more: Laser dock refunds all US users