Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked has new Lasers

IsaacT

Lol, ya shipping by October 3rd.....What they didn't put was october 3rd of what year??? Sneaky wicked....giving themselves time to make them all...or atleast most of them.....alright a few ;)

I'll Pass on this offer. Not much of a deal
deal.gif
if You don't get the lasers in a timely manner

Agreed, I'm not about to try them out again. It will most likely take months to get your order, when you finally do get it nothing will be to spec, and then it will break in the first 30 days lol. I'd rather buy another host from Jayrob and build my own lol.

IsaacT

Word. Atleast then you can get pissed off at someone(yourself) if it isn't perfect ;)

IsaacT

....what warranty? Lol....WL has warranties...but that sounds like customer support.....

Sponge

Specs are updated, powers range from 100mW-200mW, now I'll be REALLY damned if this isn't a good deal.

Specs are updated, powers range from 100mW-200mW, now I'll be REALLY damned if this isn't a good deal.

That's what we thought about the Arctic too. But what happens when you have to wait 3 months to get it, it's really only a 70mw pointer, and it breaks within the first month you have it?

It's not a bad deal as long as you can get timely shipping and the specs of the laser meet what they advertised. However, what we have learned from our experiences with the Arctic is that none of that is likely to occur with Wicked Lasers.

Sponge

That's what we thought about the Arctic too. But what happens when you have to wait 3 months to get it, it's really only a 70mw pointer, and it breaks within the first month you have it?

It's not a bad deal as long as you can get timely shipping and the specs of the laser meet what they advertised. However, what we have learned from our experiences with the Arctic is that none of that is likely to occur with Wicked Lasers.

There are so many factors that contributed to the Artic fiasco, that these new lasers don't have.

There are so many factors that contributed to the Artic fiasco, that these new lasers don't have.

You can make all the arguments you want about the Arctic. The simple matter is that they lied about them from the beginning and they did not meet a single advertised specification other than the battery type they took.

They are generally speaking no where near the 1w advertised power, they were no where near the 1.2 divergence, the "free" glasses are way below spec, advertised as OD5+ when in reality they were around an OD2. They claim the delays were all about safety, then you find out about the biggest safety risk yet (the glasses), not to mention they were not even in production at the time you ordered your "in stock" laser. You were told they were shipping when in reality they hadn't shipped a single unit yet. In many cases specific orders were told they were already shipped when they simply had not been yet.

Wicked Lasers has demonstrated a clear willingness to blatantly lie to their customer base in order to make money. I don't see how this changes with a different laser from the same company.

You can argue all you want about how the media coverage brought in an unexpected number of orders. But the truth of the matter is it made no difference. They weren't setup to send out a single unit any more than they were the mass number of units that were ordered. They did not even have any manufactured yet, but still had it listed as in stock. For that matter they didn't even have it fully designed yet.

Even after they finally finished the design and actually started production they couldn't even ship them in the proper order. We had people who had placed there order months ago still waiting while people who had placed them only a few days ago were getting deliveries.

And should I mention the fact that even after you got your order shipped you had a 50/50 chance you wouldnt' even get everything you ordered. People were complaining all over the place about extra items like lense kits, optics, etc... not being included with their orders.

I could keep going on and on, but the short version is they did not do a single thing correctly in regards to the arctic other than to refund my order. I see absolutely no reason to ever do business with this company again, there is simply no reason to have to put up these kinds of practices when there are so many other companies out there who are willing and able to do it all better such as Dragon Lasers, or Jet Lasers.

I'd wait until reviews hit the street before buying any new WL fodder.

Its monday evening here and I checked wl site as I did last night, last night it toggled between the old page and the new one, tonight I only get the new one.

The prices have dropped but so has the product tolorance and the beam diameter is awful, there all 2.5 mm at the app the S2 S3 E2 E3 , they have 3 colors in all but the S3 level (S3) has just 532 and 445 and a buy all 3 deal for each but the specs vary from 50mw-100mw(E2) to 500-1000mw in the (S3) thats available in 445nm or 532nm and the price is 299.99

SOOOO...it seems I can buy a 532nm S3 laser that puts out 500-1000mw for 299.99 but the beam dia. is 2.5mm wtf??? wtf wtf wtf , are we now being protected from ourselfs at a better price? and why the slopy power ranges? hell the whole presentation is slopy and leaves me with questions.

I called wl and the lady that answered didnt know what the heck I was talking about-3 S2's for 500 bucks but the web page was ready to take my payment.

The wl lady I had on the phone said they would call me back after taking my number- Im still waiting 24 hours later and remembering how long I waited for my under spec arctic. Im glad too see better prices but wider beams and november availibility have me holding off for now.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one noticing that Wicked Lasers is now claiming to be selling a 532nm "1W" laser by "11/1".

I don't see how that would be possible at a $330~ price point without a direct green diode.

The only green diodes are 50mW or so 515nm first of all, and second of all, if you check the specs page on the S3, it's listing the 445 Arctic specs and says 'Max 1000mW Min 500mW' So...stability, what's that?

Is no one else sick that wl now only offers lasers with 2.5mm beam dia. at the app.???

Not that anyone has one in hand as listed avalibility is months away but thats only about 1/4 the burning ability as thier current production 1.5mm beam lasers.