Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WHY DHL Express is my FAV shipper..

there are several reasons
here are but a few...

Crazy FAST! when your tracking sez leaving HongKnog get ready I have seen divery is as little as 12 hours later-

VERY safe- many boxes to me none lost so far.

Pre inspected- DHLChina adds their yellow 'inspected' tape and after that no others feel the need to open your boxes.

Careful handling- far less reports of damaged boxes than any other carriers.

800 service and info.

I found this way to get tracking before your seller sends it...

Only, however with DHL Express- ups- fed(up) ex.. et al will not be as helpful as DHL.

First call 800 225 5345 DHL Express

your goal is to speak with a human being-
follow the prompts until you get one.

Then ask if they can check to see if your package has gotten a label yet.
they will ask for your zip code at the very least
if any packages are in the system going to your zip they will ask for more info.
With luck they may be able to give you the track #s.

No carrier will have a perfect record but IMO DHL is the best- any extra $$ is well worth it.
its more about safe and unopened boxes to me than fast delivery.

Not sure if my math is correct (13 hrs time diff between us and China)
but I once got delivery in 60 hrs from the box being handed to DHL China-

So if you are given an option of shippers pick DHL even if it costs more-
if you go with EMs, China Post. hongkong post,FedEx or UPS etc and your box never arrives you will be kicking your own ass.

Last edited:

Too bad when DHL bought Airbone Express they ruined the company and cost thousands of people their jobs.

sinner

For the money they charge, they better be.. :na: J.K. but i do have good experience with DHL Express, and their shipping times are seriously accurate and as claimed.. :beer:

I've never had any problems with packages getting lost other than 2.

Both were shipped DHL from Dataviz corp. Two different shipments over a year apart. Dataviz only ships DHL.

Maybe just coincidence, but I personally will ship ANYTHING OTHER THAN DHL.

Again, maybe just me. - Or it could be a carrier in my area, or an issue with the hub in this area.
Seems like DHLChina is a little better, at least for you.

Glad they work for you :)

Last edited:

ARG

My experiences:

UPS - Never any trouble, friendly(ish) drivers.
DHL - They work, but if they make a mistake costing you money you have to fight to get the money back.
FedEx - Fast enough. Bills me 6 months after a shipment for import tax (bloody annoying). Very friendly drivers.

DHL about 14$ in fees per itnl. package + tax
FedEx about 15$ in fees per itnl. package + tax
UPS about 10-12$ in fees per itnl. package + tax

Everyone (including myself) has probably had a bad experience with each one. The game is to choose the lesser of the evils.

Yes all true- and over time some stay the same a few get better or worse- none are perfect- MY china people swear by DHL Express BUT only leaving china for USA when I send something to them they do NOT like DHL but instead want me to go with USPS Express/EMS. go figure?!

Yes all true- and over time some stay the same a few get better or worse- none are perfect- MY china people swear by DHL Express BUT only leaving china for USA when I send something to them they do NOT like DHL but instead want me to go with USPS Express/EMS. go figure?!

USPS international Express is FedEx

ARG

I think DHL is the choice for the Chinese because they have a better system set up in China than UPS or FedEx.

Also DHL is extremely speed from China (fastest from China to my door was less than a day!) so they don't run into problems with time.

Cel

I once ordered a 180$ laser, and DHL charged me 80$ "fees" for something like "taxes", "custom fees" and "for keeping the item in transit"...

shipping was 30$...
and they sent the package directly to customs...

scumbags...