Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who wants a 1.5W, 532nm dazzlergun

dazzler-laser-gun-jetlasers.jpg

:san:

Jaxz

looks cool, but you need to post more info? Any option to GB with Gray? What's the price?

Sponge

lol, they used the reddit's "Server under heavy load" picture for their "under-structure" picture.

Benm

I dont want to see this on the market at all.

Wouldn't it be stupid to allow a weapon for law enforcement, that is so devious it is banned in warfare under the geneva conventions? No sane country should even consider using weapons on its own population that aren't even allowed in international conflicts.

Jaxz

I am not sure if you are right, I have read somewhere that Dazzlers is a safer technology to replace Tasers and Pepperspray, but that website sells at maximum of 250mw. The thing is Jet is offering 1.5w. It is dangerous to aim at someone eyes with a 1.5w, but maybe Jet can implement an option to switch between power modes, like close range (5mw - 50mw), medium range (50mw 250mw), and full range (250mw - 1500mw)

or maybe a potential meter to turn the knob to adjut the power strength

I'm seeing this as directed more at security forces that work directly for companies, guarding high risk targets like oil wells or something.

Blord

They must use a wide angel lens for the gun. It must temporarily blind the person, not permanently. It is like a fotocamera flashlight but a little stronger.

Benm

I am not sure if you are right, I have read somewhere that Dazzlers is a safer technology to replace Tasers and Pepperspray, but that website sells at maximum of 250mw. The thing is Jet is offering 1.5w. It is dangerous to aim at someone eyes with a 1.5w, but maybe Jet can implement an option to switch between power modes, like close range (5mw - 50mw), medium range (50mw 250mw), and full range (250mw - 1500mw)

or maybe a potential meter to turn the knob to adjut the power strength

That sounds like very prone to user error... there is nothing preventing the user to put it at full power and fire it point blank, intentionally or accidentally. For something like that to work it would need to have a rangefinder, and turn the output down to within MPE at the point of the closest object it illuminates. I'm sure it will proof ineffective if it sticks to MPE levels.

Discharging a photoflash (the external type) straight into someones face isn't a very safe idea either by the way!