Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which of these green lasers should i buy? $600 budget

So I'd like to buy a good quality green laser but i am having a hard time determining which one i should get. Any suggestions?

Budget: $600 Preferences: continuous duty cycle, i'd like to receive an over-spec product, I'd like it to have a precise beam/dot, a high build quality, and ideally i'd like to buy from a US company (but not required).

I've read a lot of reviews and have narrowed it down to the following:

Sky Laser: "300mW Green Portable Laser" Green Portable Lasers w/ Heat Guard | SKYlasers

LaserGlow: "Aries-200" Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

OptoTronics: "200mW RPL Portable Green Laser" Optotronics Portable Lasers

Nova: "Alpha HP 200 Handheld Laser" Alpha HP 200 Handheld Laser - Alpha HP Series - Novalasers Inc.

Is there a company i am forgetting?

I like the SKY Laser, because i get 300mW for under $600, and it has a continuous duty cycle. Does anyone have experience with any of these companies shipping out "over-spec" lasers?

All help is appreciated...

Pilgor

all nice choices but if I were to pick one I would pick the optotronics. Optotronics have the best beam specs and the host is sexy.

Direct from Viasho their 500mW portable is ~$550 if memory serves, then ~$70 shipping.

I've read reviews of some of SKYlasers' products and 3/4 of these reviews stated that there were some major issues.

I would go with LaserGlow or Optotronics.
Beam specs will be great on either.
The Aries is specified to have 100% duty cycle.
I own a PGL-III-C (cousin to the Aries by the same manufacturer) and it is solid. The safety features are great and I love the turn shutter.

However, the Optotronics unit does use an 18650 battery which may be a plus for you.

DJNY

Laser Dazzlers

532nm Jetlasers C Portable Green Lasers

For the $600 I would go for one of these. Contact member JETLASERS here on the forum and ask what he can provide for $600. Gray is one great guy.

Only LASERGLOWS Herc has a real 100% continous duty cycle. The Aries is the CNI PGL-C-III model, they very well heatsinked, but I won´t say continous.

Last edited:
I also have saw some reviews of boblaser, and what do you think of the quality of boblaser?

PS; Please be careful with high output lasers !

I would be careful with Boblaser they are on the customs confiscation list and their quality is not the best.

IsaacT

I say try Viasho. They are quality green lasers and I forget who but one of the really good high quality laser sites we talk about all the time basically sells their products at a huge markup. Take a look at Viasho's site. It looks very professional and reminds me of CNI somewhat.

DJNY

I say try Viasho. They are quality green lasers and I forget who but one of the really good high quality laser sites we talk about all the time basically sells their products at a huge markup. Take a look at Viasho's site. It looks very professional and reminds me of CNI somewhat.

I think you mean
Viasho Group Buy Lasers

Great suggestions, Thanks for the reply's. So now i have narrowed it down to the following, which of the two should i get?

Optotronics: "Opto200-Portable" https://www.optotronics.com/rpl-green-lasers.php
-High build quality, 5min on / 2min off duty cycle (not bad) with no long term damage possible for overshooting the cycle time, shipped over spec, the average output is higher than 200mW, located in the US.

LaserGlow: "Aries-200" Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers
-I emailed this company and they said that they ship over spec 20-50mW, with test documentation. They reassured me that the duty cycle is indeed 100%, with average output leveling off after 3 to 5 min. located in Canada.

These are intriguing:
JetLasers: "532nm Jetlasers C 300-350mW" Jetlasers Green Laser Pointer,650nm,Jetlasers-C Series, Jetlasers.org
-Higher power for less $, 3-5min on duty cycle, not sure where they are located, not many reviews.

Last edited:
@laserPDX I have to ask are you in PDX or does it have a different meaning?

yep, its sorta odd but people here use the airport code as sort of a trendy way to abbreviate portland.

I used to live in PDX but I got transferd to Utah, got kids that still live there. I really miss it and I am eventually going to move back to Portland.
I lived over by Gresham.

I am having a Widmer hef as I am typing. :beer:

Hey, If I were you i would defiantly go with the aries, It is an amazing laser. I have day-dreamed about this laser GREAT!!! but even if you dont go with the aries, please make a review:D

Last edited: