Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which laser related purchases do you regret?

Razako

My wickedlasers pulsar. I could have bought a mxdl 300mw from jayrob for less.

Aries-35. With the money I spent on this I could have gotten an RPL-400 instead of an RPL-300. It is incredibly bulky/heavy and has too many annoying safety features for something that puts out 49 mw peak. It also uses C batteries :mad: My RPL 300 on power level 1 beats this thing in every possible way.

hehe suppose it would have made more sense goin for the RPL-400.
i regret spendin so much on a WL fusion but i got a refund for that so theres no room for complaint really, it could pop balloons from a meter away but couldnt light a match unaided.
also regret buying a few ebaysers first time round, im sure most of us do here.

Ace82

Lets see.... (I don't hold onto regret)...but,
True DX 30 (X2) - both were crap right off the bat
True DX 50 - must have shipped the regular and not the "true" because the focus was off, HUGE beam divergence
True DX 5 (3/4 - one is great) - were crap from the begining, very LITTLE power
DX 150
DX 5 module (X3) - originally bought for the optics, but my 150 completely broke so I didn't need them...not focused, not aligned correctly, double beams and mode shifting.  

Oh yeah, not to mention my first pointer 5mW red back in 1990 for getting me into this hobby! It's a gate way drug!  ;D

Hey Darklandz: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1207705072/4#4 :p

So far I can't think of a laser that I purchased that I now regret ;D

The three mode hopping crappy lasers I bought from DX (one true 30, one true 50, and a replacement true 50 for the first) before I finally bit the bullet and bought a nova

I agree with ace the 2 mw key chain red that got me hooked on lasers around 1989ish also when i saw you-tube rpl 400 burning stuff i started saving right then got the 260 400 was way outa my league 4 kids + angry wife

Chad

My TL Infiniti 75... It struggles to put out over 50mWs, not to mention the divergence and mode problems. :(

The only laser I regretted was a keychain greenie that ran on button cells. But I got my money back.

Kenom

I have yet to be dissapointed in a laser purchase. I have been lucky so far in all of my purchases that they have all come up to spec. I've only gotten 3 dx lasers and the rest were built. I regret selling my BFG. I regret the 50+ odd laser diodes I've ended up blowing up in the search for a more powerful laser. I also regret not having enough money to purchase all of those laser projects I want to tackle.

Entity

My first greenie was a definite mistake. It cost me about $180 at the time. It IS A 5 MILLIWATT LASER LOL!!! 180 BUCKS!!!!

http://www.bigha.com/laser/models/curve.php

feature_curve.jpg

As you can see it looks somewhat like a sex toy.

Switch

OMG, what were they thinking when they desinged it? :D What were you thinking when you bought it? :p

Switch said:
OMG, what were they thinking when they desinged it? :D What were you thinking when you bought it? :p

Finally a Laser my wife will like does it vibrate? There is a laser I regretted selling but not buying have no idea what brand it was but it was a red laser with an elongated egg shape and came with a leather holster to keep it on your belt. really well made and seemed more powerful than all the other LP around at the time.