Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which glasses for 1W 445 nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for glasses for a 445 nm laser (Casio A140). So far, the Dragon Lasers one look good, but the shipping is $18, which is almost the actual cost of the glasses themselves. Does anyone know of glasses that would work (preferably OD 4+) that are in the USA to avoid large shipping costs? Thanks

With such a powerful laser it is likely that it will melt the plastic on some glasses. You need to ensure that is of a very good quality so you won't be able to use cheap glasses. Dragon Lasers make very good quality glasses so I would suggest buying them. They may be expensive but your eyes are priceless.

Thanks for the replies, your answers match other answers I found after searching the forum for quite a bit

Ya the eagle pair ones im actully gonna buy, they get really good reviews

LaZeRz

Well if you don't want to pay over 45 dollars for the eagle pair ones you can get goggles from radiant electronics (google it) the owner is a member of lpf and you can get a get a 5 dollar discount which will make the goggles 13.99 plus about 3 or 5 dollars shipping and they have a rating of about 2.5 OD which is plenty for 1w of blue :D

OD 2.5 is plenty for 1w of blue since it will decrease it to under 5mw

Last edited:

alf638

Here is a link to those (I already had it in my favorites from when I ordered them months ago).
I think they are the same ones that are sold on ebay for a similar price.

Something tells me that OD 2.5 might not be enough for a >1W blue. Many people seem to be using OD 3 or 4 for that power of laser. I don't want to screw up my vision, so I would prefer to be safe than sorry. Soooo, should I get the Dragon Lasers or the Eagle Pair?

SLPbum

I just recieved my eagle pair two days ago. I have 4 diffrent pair. No dragons so I cant say anything bout them, but the eagles are NICE.. Quick shipping. The eagles come down to my cheek. I like that cause if you look up the light cant get under the cheek to the eyes.. I hope that makes sence..

RDCII

Ok thanks, sounds like I'm going to get a pair of the Eagle Pair ones. Thanks

Something tells me that OD 2.5 might not be enough for a >1W blue. Many people seem to be using OD 3 or 4 for that power of laser. I don't want to screw up my vision, so I would prefer to be safe than sorry. Soooo, should I get the Dragon Lasers or the Eagle Pair?

OD 2.5 will keep you safe, but only reduce the 1W to 3mW. That can be pretty bright if you're trying to make a nice focused beam, or if you make an even higher powered laser.

I got the OEM lasers YLW. It has OD6+ at 445nm which makes it very easy on the eyes. While it does cost substantially more than the Dragon Lasers, or other brands, it has a really good VLT (here is an example), which means I can keep them on and see whatever I'm doing. The best protection is no good if you don't want to wear it.

The YLW is not good for 532nm lasers, which may be interesting if you don't want to spend much on laser safety eyewear. I do recommend to get good laser safety eyewear though, the 50% VLT of the YLW is very high.

I've already ordered an Eagle Pair, so thanks to all of you who have helped me choose

Status
Not open for further replies.