Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

which dx 50mw laser is better

which dx 50mw laser is better, the true green or the generic $25 50mw laser is better??

they both seem to look alike but i heard "true" green is the way to go, does it burn electrical tape??

i need your pros to help me out, thanks

ive bought around 40 of the 25 dollar 50 mw only 2 or 3 were mode hoppers yea i said 40 and they were all newish even the 25 dollar ones
there were some that were 65 mw and some were 35 mw so there is a gamble there :p
electrical tape some would burn yes, balloons most would pop yes it all depends on the divergence of the beam size matters here but in reverse smaller is better (if only my wife would agree on this one) lol

edit i'm definately not a pro far from it just a laser addict that needs help

I have heard better reports from the True 50s over the non- true 50s, in fact my friends True-50 lights matches unaided near instantly on fresh batteries. If you are looking for a quality 50mW greenie then you are best off going with novalasers.com

bmansc

Just stay away from the factory pot-modded ones. I bought one just to check it out, and it died in about a week. Now it's in pieces while I look for a new IR diode :)

If you're going to spend $35, why not just get this one instead?  It has a decent heatsink, and the fact that they offer pot-modded versions probably indicates that this one won't burn out as quickly as those pen-style ones.  Unless you're buying from Nova, or want a throw-away laser, don't get high-powered pen-based green lasers.

If you want a GREAT 50mW laser/great heatsinking/only $27.50, buy the EDWINA from KAIDOMAIN. Very well put together, & has a clicky switch in the base that is recessed. Altogether a GREAT GREENIE for the price ;)phoenix77/rob :cool:

artix

If this is your first laser, you should defiantly buy the Nova x50! Nova is the best and you WILL get an overpowered unit! ;D :D ;) :D ;D :D ;) ;D ::) :D :) ;D ;) :D ::) ;) :) :D ;D :D

im thinking about getting either the true green or the EDWINA 50mw laser, does the EDWINA 50mw laser have a solid laser as much as the true green??