Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(Where to Find) 5W 650nm C-mount w/Fac Red Diode.

Hey there! So I am looking to start a few more builds and after my 532 I am looking to get a 650! I am a sucker for these rarish kind of diodes and I think this Giant would make an excellent addition to my collection:D

There's just one problem...

Where in the world are they? I know they came out as a limit trial kind of deal but there has to be a few floating around somewhere:thinking:
I am willing to buy one used, but a new(ish) is definitely preferable here.

Would anyone have any idea where I could find one? Do you think they will still be the original $350ish price?

Any help here is greatly Appreciated as always:beer:

Are you looking for the 5w red C mount like Styropyro had?

Yes! But I am looking to make a handheld. I know JayRob made one into a kit but I don't think he has any of the diodes.

I guess you changed your thread title, I did not see it called out it was C-Mount before. Except for Styropyro who had one listed on ebay for 450 USD, if I remember correctly, that is the only one I know of lately. His price was good as it included a driver and was already wired up, just needed a heat sink to slap on the side of the CC driver.

BobMc

I've read posts about these diodes, hope you find one ( or more ) best wishes with your search. Love to see some beam shots. Five watts of 650nm, oh yea! :)

I contacted Rick Trent on eBay, and apparently, for $600, he can build this 3.5W 650 into a handheld: 3.5W 650nm red lab Laser module heatsink Focusable lens driver | eBay

I sent him an offer and asked if he'd be willing to sell me the bare diode. Maybe he will:D

"0mw no power tell you add power" :crackup:

Listing price is $360, and if $600 is the cost to shove it in a host, what kinda host/labor does he do for 240$? Sounds steep

I am almost done with that host idea for the 532 btw:D I just need someway to focus it:thinking:

I'll be commissioning a host for this build as well:D:D

Last edited:
Well looks like RickTrent didn't like my offers (He removed them completely after that:(). I've got one more source to try but if anyone else has any leads I'll still gladly take them:)

Last edited:

GSS

I sent him an offer and asked if he'd be willing to sell me the bare diode. Maybe he will:D

I am almost done with that host idea for the 532 btw:D I just need someway to focus it:thinking:

I'll be commissioning a host for this build as well:D:D
So you received the Jetlaser's 532 module?

So you received the Jetlaser's 532 module?

Yeah it's the 600mw and it gets to about 750+mW:D so I'm happy about that.

It has quite a large driver attached to it so I was wondering whether or not I could replace that with a smaller driver. It says 2.6A on the side so I think I'll try a blackbuck6 on it and see if that works. I'll probably ask around for advice before attempting that though.

GSS

:cryyy::cryyy: wicked jealous but truly happy for you.
Don't touch a thing on it...just put it in a bank safety deposit box and visit it once a month:bowdown:
How wide is the module and are you saying the driver is wider?
Oh yeah LiLdutch, do your homework on this baby:beer:

Last edited:
:cryyy::cryyy: wicked jealous but truly happy for you.
Don't touch a thing on it...just put it in a bank safety deposit box and visit it once a month:bowdown:
How wide is the module and are you saying the driver is wider?
Oh yeah LiLdutch, do your homework on this baby:beer:

The module is 29mm wide and the driver is 25mm wide and 51mm long. The driver also has a charging port, LEDs and a side clicky switch. I might save the driver for some other project but as of right now it's simply to large and to difficult to work with.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Wow thats big, but thats why its the holy grail of 532's.
Take your time and set that beauty up in a nice home thats for sure:):beer:
You sure got a nice signature going there:D