Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy low power 445-450nm laser with push button - 5mw-50mw

ktroy

Looking for a pen style or any push button use blue laser pointer. Tried the laserland one for 20 bucks and it arrived dead (or as close to as one could imagine.)

Would anybody have a low power blue diode that they could make a decent pointer for me?

Thanks!

Encap

Return the one you bought from Laserland for replacement or refund. Did you contact them about it?

eBay has low cost blue laser pens @$4 and up - search "blue laser pen"

LaserRanger

Did you try flipping the batteries in the other direction?
Or buying the plt5450b diode. It's a single mode 80mw inexpensive diode that has a nice beam and dot

Last edited:
'Push Button' ???
that is not clear..
some are 'momentary' (you hold down) some are on or off. (clicky)
Many are on the side of the laser. BUT some are in the tailcap.

its just me but.. I would not try reversing batteries as a way to 'test' etc.(ever)
buy another (get a 300 style hosts, uses 18650, cheap get all three (RGV )and meanwhile try for refund at LLands. or credit.. avoid sending anything back to China/HK EVER! no way... be nice but firm. They don't really want the failed ones back.

That is their way of saying NO warranty NO returns. Spend $20 sending a 20$ laser back WTH??
Use old one as host.. move on TYVM

hak

Well there you go.. R.A. has many friends here. And by doing that you will learn more and be building your own soon. And keep him from running the streets on his motorbike..win win

Hi, Yes RA is a great member here so get in touch with him for a great build.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
What's your budget?
I might be willing to build one for you. If you're not looking for anything fancy, I have some spare parts I could use.

As an owner of a RA_pierce pen build, I can attest to his laser build skills. :)

Sorry to hear about your recent LaserLand loss. I hope you have contacted them about this. If they want the laser back, I would insist on not paying to return it. I don't know which laser you bought from them so I can't say anything about the battery polarity. If you are looking for a build from someone here, Pierce will do a good job for you. Good luck.

ktroy

I contacted laser lands about the purchase and Mary insisted I send a pic. I send a picture showing the laser barely even visible point blank against a white wall, I mean just the most pail dot imaginable. If I pull back 10 or so feet, it's gone.

The emails after that was her telling me how a 5mw 450nm is ordinarily that bright because it is less visible than 635nm. She continued sending me visible spectrum links to show the visible wavelength. A complete joke. At this point, laserlands wins because I just simply don't have the care or energy to keep asking for a new laser to replace the defective unit and being told it is <5mw due to customs.

dear customer
we use osram 80mw or sharp 110mw blue laser diode in to produce this laser pointer.
because of the law we have to reduce the current it to let the output <5mw.
otherwise, the laser pointer cannot pass through the customs of yours.
I can fully understand that you need a very bright laser pointer. we can also produce the high output laser pointer. even we can simply use the default output of the laser diode to produce it.
but there is a problem--it may be held by your customs.

can you open this link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1815682245224822
here I have share blue 80mw and green 50mw laser pointer video here.
but when we outport the laser pointer--you know we have to minus the output to let it pass through the customs.
it is really pity.
can you adjust the current by yourself? some of our customers open the case and increase the current on the driver although I strongly donot recommend they do it like that

that is another conseption of the wavelength.
you can google a spectrum. the blue is not as bright as red by human bare eyes comparing with red and green. here I attached a spectrum as well.

ktroy

What's your budget?
I might be willing to build one for you. If you're not looking for anything fancy, I have some spare parts I could use.

This would be so great! After seeing what a $20 laserlands pointer gets me (nothing) I think I have a new-found appreciation and respect for home builds and the cost that goes behind it. I'll shoot you a message!

ktroy

'Push Button' ???
that is not clear..
some are 'momentary' (you hold down) some are on or off. (clicky)
Many are on the side of the laser. BUT some are in the tailcap.

its just me but.. I would not try reversing batteries as a way to 'test' etc.(ever)
buy another (get a 300 style hosts, uses 18650, cheap get all three (RGV )and meanwhile try for refund at LLands. or credit.. avoid sending anything back to China/HK EVER! no way... be nice but firm. They don't really want the failed ones back.

That is their way of saying NO warranty NO returns. Spend $20 sending a 20$ laser back WTH??
Use old one as host.. move on TYVM

hak
I think I am taking your advice and just moving on. I have no building experience but maybe I can cob something together with this. When I say push button I mean momentary. Sorry if I wasn't more clear. I have a few tail button on/off toggle lasers and do not enjoy them as much for simple use.

I seen the 300 hosts, they look pretty nice, however I do not want red green or violet as none are the low power 450nm I desire. What would I do with all those hosts? Also, the red is 650nm, if it was 635nm 10mw that would be fantastic.

Even a 1mW 450nm laser produces a dot at 50 feet. I would not allow them to get off the hook so easily. This sounds like the laser diode has LEDed, so it can never output enough light to collimate the beam. This would be my complaint and I would add a photo showing no dot at 12 inches. But, it is your time and money, so if you are not interested in fighting for it, I guess they win.

Hi, This is a side momentary button host with an added safety rear latching switch.. I think this is what you mean..

Rich:)IMG_4083.JPGfullsizeoutput_85a.jpegIMG_4082.JPG

ktroy

Just wanted to update this post to say RA_pierce did in fact build me a pen to the requirements I was looking for. It's a beautiful ~70mw 450nm leadlight!

Thanks for everyone's help and another fist pump to this awesome community.

IMG_20190115_163536952.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looks good, glad to see that RA came through for you. :)